Author Topic: Are Patriot still in business?  (Read 15325 times)

Offline WCN_Bren

• Swag User
Are Patriot still in business?
« on: February 08, 2016, 07:07:07 AM »
Like most of you, it's hard to stop during the day to call a Camper Trailer company about specs on one of their products and by the time I remember to do it they are closed anyway. So i email and / or facebook them.

I'm very interested in an X1 from Patriot  but after filling in their enquiry form a couple times and trying to contact them via facebook i still havent heard from anyone. Is this a sign of what after sales customer service will be like or an i reading too much in to it?
LC200 2014 GXL + ??? Coming Soon

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Are Patriot still in business?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 07:24:45 AM »
I don't know if they are around or not. But if I want something from a supplier if I don't have a solid email address I will generally ring then as well. Certainly wouldn't contact anybody by stalk book
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 07:40:34 AM »
Doesn't anybody remember how to use a phone anymore?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 10:03:38 AM »

A what?
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline Dueller

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 10:45:07 AM »
Im pretty sure they are still kicking considering they just won, again, camper trailer of the year award in their price range. They seem to have grown their business quite quickly over the past year with it being said they are expanding into overseas markets now. They are also into the vehicle modification scene to so allot is going on. As previously hinted it might be the case of giving them a call as id imagine the amount of emails and online forms coming in each day would be substantial.

:cheers:
Matt
My Customline Off Road Tracker Build: http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=38826.0

LC76 Series build: http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=42595.msg709322#msg709322

Offline GUEY

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 11:11:50 AM »
Definitely still around. Bloke on another forum I'm on works for them. Will be at the upcoming Adelaide show, then the Melbourne one.
2016 Colorado Trailblazer
2010 Swan Outback
The following users thanked this post: WCN_Bren

Offline below sea level

• Swag User
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 03:12:42 PM »
I don't know if they are around or not. But if I want something from a supplier if I don't have a solid email address I will generally ring then as well. Certainly wouldn't contact anybody by stalk book

As a consumer, I would expect a reply from a facebook message. As much as I hate using it, I get more business through facebook than any other means. A lot of people seem to think of facebook messages as a better way of communicating than email and a small business really needs to embrace that to survive. It's the only reason I have an account.

Offline Mitch92

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 05:01:39 PM »
As a consumer, I would expect a reply from a facebook message. As much as I hate using it, I get more business through facebook than any other means. A lot of people seem to think of facebook messages as a better way of communicating than email and a small business really needs to embrace that to survive. It's the only reason I have an account.

Whilst I agree (unfortunately), I also think that the best form is the good old phone call to the supplier direct.

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 05:20:01 PM »
[/quote

Then you get asked....press 1 for.....if not press 2....Gezzzzzz

Just saying.
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline lukeycat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 05:21:16 AM »
They have a dealer in Melbourne in carrum downs dropped in there the other day for a sticky beak so they must be still around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 05:37:12 AM »
Yep, I'm sure they are, as I have being driving past a factory unit that has being undergoing some big renovations, drove past yesterday and there is a patriot campers sign on the front fence, so I can only assume they are either moving into a bigger factory or going to have 2 factories, new one is just around the corner from the existing one.

Pick up the ph and ring.  :cheers:
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline WCN_Bren

• Swag User
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 09:26:51 PM »
I'm pretty flat out during the day so, like a lot of people these days, i rely on email communication. And why have a "contact us" or "enquiry" form on the web page if they don't want people to use it.

I own a couple of business and I see email, facebook or even texting as an integral part of the dialogue with customers.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 09:29:03 PM »
Quote from: WCN_Bren
I own a couple of business and I see email, facebook or even texting as an integral part of the dialogue with customers.
... and many don't. If they are a small outfit that are out in the factory building Shit all day, last thing they care about is stalkerbook, or email.. but a phone call they can take it on the fly....

anyway you gots your answer.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: oldmate

Offline WCN_Bren

• Swag User
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 09:34:21 PM »

Pick up the ph and ring.  :cheers:

I wish that was so easy... and if they said "hey the only way to contact us is to call" then i would wait until eventually I had a day off and hopefully I remember to call them. But they do have a "contact us" form that you fill out. I assume that's so they can reply to customer enquiries - not just to piss off prospective customers by ignoring them.. right?

Anyway, it's their business and they can do what they want. i just expected a high level of customer service for a high level product with a high level price. Must be nice to be able to afford to turn (ignore) business away.

Offline Liege

• Swag User
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 09:35:03 PM »
Whilst I agree (unfortunately), I also think that the best form is the good old phone call to the supplier direct.

I despise talking on the phone,  If I can't walk into your store or do business via electronic means, then I will not spend a cent with your company. I do not carry my phone with me, I will ignore calls from people, will not answer unless i know the number and rarely return calls even to my own family. If it's really important they will ring me 17 times. Or my wife.
2013 Landrover Defender 110
2005 Goldstream Crown offroad

Gunbarrel Hway - 2010        Gibb River Rd - 2010        CSR - 2013        Cape York - 2014        Simpson Desert - 2017        Simpson, Tanami, Gibb - 2018

Offline WCN_Bren

• Swag User
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 09:45:56 PM »
... and many don't. \

And I suspect those that don't won't have a form on their webpage that says "Contact Us".
I'm not suggesting anyone HAS to do business that way... it's just not ideal to suggest / offer that service and not follow it up. Don't want to respond to customer online enquiries - easy, don't have a big-ass form "Contact Us". 

Offline WCN_Bren

• Swag User
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 10:56:42 PM »
that's the exact reason why I filled out THEIR enquiry form. I'm on the phone all day long and by the time I'm able to call them they are shut. it's a pretty simple email i sent them... "i'm interested in your 2016 X1, can you please tell me the ball weight?"

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 11:01:06 PM »
Yep. Your gunna fit right in here   :cheers:

Offline WCN_Bren

• Swag User
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 11:42:53 PM »
Yep. Your gunna fit right in here   :cheers:

What do you mean by that?

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 01:08:47 AM »
I'd go with welcome to the forum WB, enjoy your time here and look forwards to your imput  .. :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:47:58 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: oldmate

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 05:30:57 AM »
How'd you go?  Get a response back yet? 

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 06:57:25 AM »
I'm pretty flat out during the day so, like a lot of people these days, i rely on email communication. And why have a "contact us" or "enquiry" form on the web page if they don't want people to use it.

I am choking on my weaties this morning laughing at the arguments from businesses who cant cope with emailed and social media  enquiries from potential clients. ....

This must have been what it may have been like 100 years ago when a few enterprises were complaining about F#$&@ clients calling them on that new fangled thing that Mr Graham Bell recently invented. ...

"Can't they just write me a letter and mail it off on the pony express -- that's always worked, thank you"

LOL

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline WCN_Bren

• Swag User
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 07:17:49 AM »
I am choking on my weaties this morning laughing at the arguments from businesses who cant cope with emailed and social media  enquiries from potential clients. ....

This must have been what it may have been like 100 years ago when a few enterprises were complaining about F#$&@ clients calling them on that new fangled thing that Mr Graham Bell recently invented. ...

"Can't they just write me a letter and mail it off on the pony express -- that's always worked, thank you"

LOL

Strange hey.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 07:18:00 AM »

LOL

Yup

Don't want the traffic? Don't have a presence, hell don't even have an email address on your website if you won't answer them, most of the big companies don't, you have to call a Dubai call centre.

But

If you do have an email address, or contact us form bloody well answer it, it's common courtesy.
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45

Offline callmejoe

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 07:18:34 AM »
All I'm reading here is I work sooooo hard. Which I'm not knocking  at all, its great to have good work ethics. BUT i think people are forgetting 1 magor thing.

YOU WORK TO LIVE...NOT LIVE TO WORK.

WORK REST AND PLAY.... or you'll regret it as before you know it. You to old to enjoy it.
Life's wasn't meant to be fair.
Well so I've been told. ..