Author Topic: Prado Point  (Read 19488 times)

Offline retired

• Tent User
Prado Point
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:33:09 AM »
Have great fun on this site, learn alot but because I have just bought a Prado and want to deck it out to do our big trip thought Prado Point would also be helpful. Mentioned recently that I registered with them and was waiting to be activated and after 3 days was still not activated I had a few replies on this site stating that they were getting lots of registration requests so be patient. I was also informed both on the site and a few replies on this site that I could still post questions or equally contact an administrator I now find I cant do either of these things, maybe call me stupid I dont know, its been a week. My Swag had me up and running in seconds seems to be very well done Prado Point is making me feel unloved. Any suggesions. :'(
Ian

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Re: Prado Point
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:25:06 AM »
Trade it on Cruiser and join LCOOL?  :laugh:

Sorry Retired, i'm not involved in Prado Point so no ideas.  I saw that Kevin offered you a suggestion on this in a  separate thread (cracked chassis) a couple of days ago delayed approvals .
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Mav

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Centralian Images Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 09:27:14 AM »
Have great fun on this site, learn alot but because I have just bought a Prado and want to deck it out to do our big trip thought Prado Point would also be helpful. Mentioned recently that I registered with them and was waiting to be activated and after 3 days was still not activated I had a few replies on this site stating that they were getting lots of registration requests so be patient. I was also informed both on the site and a few replies on this site that I could still post questions or equally contact an administrator I now find I cant do either of these things, maybe call me stupid I dont know, its been a week. My Swag had me up and running in seconds seems to be very well done Prado Point is making me feel unloved. Any suggesions. :'(
Ian

Ian, what username did you use to register on PradoPoint? Let me know by PM on here and I will get it actioned for you.

Cheers

Mav

Offline retired

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:28:26 AM »
Hi Mav,
The user name I used was Lyonsy, and thanks for that.
Ian

Offline retired

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:29:44 AM »
Hi bigjules,
I knew I had a response to that question somewhere but couldnt remember where it was posted, see what getting old does to you. Thanks for the memory jog.
Ian

Offline Mav

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:36:09 AM »
Hi Mav,
The user name I used was Lyonsy, and thanks for that.
Ian

Stay tuned, I have emailed the man to get it done as we are good mates, he is a shift worker at the mines in the HUnter Valley so it may take a day to get a response depending on where he is in his shift cycle.

Cheers

Mav
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:44:14 PM by Mav »

Offline retired

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »
Good on you Mav I enjoy getting on this site and talk about camper trailer stuff.Hopefully PP will be fun with the Prado.
Ian

Offline ntpryce

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »
Hopefully PP will be fun with the Prado.
It definitely will be - Pradopoint.com is very good!
Proud owner of a new Challenge 'Meridian' off-road Camper Trailer.

:cup: May 2010 POTM Winner :cup:

Offline retired

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 05:55:59 PM »
Hi ntpryce,
Just noticed your from NT. Where abouts, I'm in Sydney at the moment but from the NT. Just curious if you are nearby

Offline Mav

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 07:00:16 PM »
Good on you Mav I enjoy getting on this site and talk about camper trailer stuff.Hopefully PP will be fun with the Prado.
Ian

Your good to go on PradoPoint Ian, just heard from the man that all has been done to get you on the forum.

Cheers

Mav

Offline retired

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 07:35:49 PM »
Thanks Mav,
I will now go and give it a try now.
Much appreciated.

Offline ntpryce

• Tent User
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 10:16:45 PM »
Just noticed your from NT. Where abouts, I'm in Sydney at the moment but from the NT. Just curious if you are nearby
Darwin City - but only 10 days away from a 5 week journey to Central Australia, Oodnadatta Track, Flinders Ranges and then back.
Proud owner of a new Challenge 'Meridian' off-road Camper Trailer.

:cup: May 2010 POTM Winner :cup:

Offline irritated

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 09:50:13 AM »
18 months on and pradopoint are worse at registering people, I still haven't heard from them and I registered over a month ago. 

It's pathetic, I even sent an email asking what was going on and noone bothed replying.

Offline two+four

• Tent User
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »
18 months on and pradopoint are worse at registering people, I still haven't heard from them and I registered over a month ago. 

It's pathetic, I even sent an email asking what was going on and noone bothed replying.

Most people who register for Pradopoint are accepted within a day, if you haven't been you have most likely been rejected for one of several reasons.
1. you failed to answer the Rules agreement and Spam questions correctly
2. you failed to put a location in
3. your user name may have been deemed inappropriate.

Some days I check over 200 applications and a lot of those are spammers, if you did all the above correctly I can only guess that you somehow slipped through the cracks. If you care to resubmit I am sure you will get on. Let me know what user name and I will keep an eye out for it.
Oh and by the way there are multiple approvers, so if I sometimes do 200 in a day and so do the others it may give you some idea how many applications we sometimes get.
2008 V6 GXL Prado slightly modified. WA made Tuart Camper

Offline OffRoadDave

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If I think I can build it I will!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 11:15:46 AM »
I registered about a week ago and got the email saying the registration was in the queue and haven't heard anything since, but since I don't own a Prado and only wanted to look at the Dig-Options gps threads I don't particularly care, I've since tracked them down in the Google cache and read them that way.

I will add though, the 1st rule of using spammer protection on a forum is to make sure you aren't stopping legitimate users from registering, from my experience with managing forums in days gone by, you'd be lucky if 1 in 10 people will bother going any further with trying to register once they are initially ignored. Just some food for thought.

Offline two+four

• Tent User
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 11:34:10 AM »
I will add though, the 1st rule of using spammer protection on a forum is to make sure you aren't stopping legitimate users from registering, from my experience with managing forums in days gone by, you'd be lucky if 1 in 10 people will bother going any further with trying to register once they are initially ignored. Just some food for thought.

That's true Dave but I have also seen the opposite happen when a Forum has become so over run with spammers that it has died. It is a risk either way. I believe Pradpoint will be having a major upgrade soon, so I am not sure what that will bring.

Offline Humbolt

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »
Hopefully irritated isn't a spammer. Seems a bit suss when they registered at 8:45 today, bagged Prado Point and then left.
Hopefully not true but bells do ring........

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 01:39:37 PM »
Hopefully irritated isn't a spammer. Seems a bit suss when they registered at 8:45 today, bagged Prado Point and then left.
Hopefully not true but bells do ring........

It is not an isolated incident
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline irritated

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 07:09:04 PM »
first and foremost I am certainly not a spammer, when I found someone here that had the same problem (with pradopoint) I thought that by putting in a reply that I might get some info, how that seems suss is beyond me...each to their own, I guess.

two+four,

thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure I did everything correct the only thing I could think of is that my password contained a part of the username so maybe that was the drama. Anyway I have just registered again with 'tttfog' as my username. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have owned a new prado for a short while and just before I bought it I was able to at least see prado point posts which appeared very helpful. So I thought now that I have the vehicle in my possession that I'd have another look.  But when I went back to the site recently I found I had to register to see anything and so far the registration got me nowhere.

There should be more sites like these congratulations to their creators.

Cheers

Offline two+four

• Tent User
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 07:16:02 PM »
Hi Irritated,

I have just approved you, if that application is exactly the same as last time I suspect you were at the end of a long list of applications and whoever rejected you did so because you did not state which state you live in. The application does ask for town and state. Most of us let it ride but sometimes we do get grumpy and feed up, we are only human after all.

Neil

Offline irritated

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 07:39:32 PM »
Neil,

I'm in.........You are an absolute legend, thanks very much.

Offline CRW

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Driving the Dreamliner
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
Hi Irritated,

I have just approved you, if that application is exactly the same as last time I suspect you were at the end of a long list of applications and whoever rejected you did so because you did not state which state you live in. The application does ask for town and state. Most of us let it ride but sometimes we do get grumpy and feed up, we are only human after all.

Neil

Hello this is My Swag not Prado point
Cheers
Carl

200 Series Land Cruiser TTD V8,  Complete Campsite Hard Floor Fraser

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 07:55:17 PM »
Hello this is My Swag not Prado point

Yeah it is a lot less anal around here :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline irritated

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 08:25:15 PM »
the more info the better if you ask me.  If someones experience, good or bad, helps another whether they are on this site or any of the other 1000 or so similar sites.............its all good. As for pradopoint.......try searching for prado specifics and you'll soon find that there is not much out there other than that on pradopoint.

Offline darren

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius"
    • CampingAustralia.org
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
Yeah it is a lot less anal around here :)

What do you expect, It's full of Prado drivers
Living the Dream.