Author Topic: stainless steel - freedom camper / wholesale camper trailers  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Crosslander

• Tent User
Hi all.

apparently because I have been looking for a camper and use this forum my brother in law thinks I am 'in the know' - anywhoooo.....

He has found a stainless steel camper made from 304 grade stainless steel from a mob called freedom campers in queensland - apparently changing to wholesale camper trailers.

He hasn't actually seen one in the flesh yet and is hoping to inspect at the Brisbane Camping show.... I said i would ask on the forum if anyone has one of these or has seen them and general thoughts etc.......

so.... has anyone ever seen one of these... must admit I like the look of them just no sure how practical stainless steel would be.... at least it would be light.

Thoughts???

edit: forgot to link the site.... http://www.freedomcampertrailers.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=10
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:33:45 PM by Mark@Port »

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: stainless steel - freedom camper / wholesale camper trailers
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 04:40:22 PM »
Certainly look OK, but SS isnt light it is about the same weight as steel, Aluminium is the light one
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van

Offline Campa

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 04:46:53 PM »
Johnnos camper trailer's had one that looked very similar at the Brisbane show last year.

Its was a Off Road Deluxe I think in stainless. Heres a link, this is based on there Off road Premier.

http://www.discoverdownunder.com.au/article-details/articleid/1486.aspx

The trailer in the link you have Is very similar to there Off Road Deluxe model.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:53:08 PM by bnk08 »

Offline Crosslander

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »
Hmmm - interesting thanks for the link.

Do Johnno's make their own campers? Or are they Chinese - my brother in law thought the freedom one was imported based on some email correspondence he had with them (they offered him to buy a kit where you bolt on the draw bar, buy your own coupling chains etc.

Anyone going to Brisbane show that might like to volunteer to have a look at these for me (or rather him) - I'll be going but really don't know enough about what to look for.... he will to but he knows less than me   ;D

Offline Annie

• Twas not me it was my shadow
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »
not sure where Johnny gets his trailers from

ours came from Rockhampton but I dont' think they guy is making soft tops any more

Ours is a Robust camper there use to be a site sure if he has it up still
Smile, Be Happy and Enjoy Life and look on the bright side you only live once.
Oh and laugh too!!!!!!!