Author Topic: What do you ALWAYS have stored in your camper, to make packing easier?  (Read 6491 times)

Offline Jasonbeerfridge

I realise some have fridges & water tanks/jerrycans etc. always in them, I'm talking other stuff.
The "list" that's already done & lets you just throw in clothes, fresh food, grog & GO!
I'm yet to buy a trailer, but I know that with all types of camping, the list will require refinement.
This is what I imagine I'll try keeping it stocked with:

Plates, cups, bowls, cutlery
Cooking cutlery, frypans, saucepans, chopping knives & board, etc.
Cooking oil, salt , pepper, tea, coffee, milo, sugar, flour, spices, long-life food(tins,pasta,UHT milk etc)
Detergents-Dishwahing & hand soap etc.
Chux, scourers, tea towels
Alfoil, glad-wrap, clip-seal bags
Insect repellent, mozzie coils & sunscreen
Matches & lighters
Gas Light/electric lighting
Torch & AM/FM small radio with batteries for both
1st Aid kit
Spare rope & tie-down straps
recovery gear specifically for the trailer
Basic tools, cable-ties, electrical & gaffer tape
Pocket Knife
Dust Pan & brush
Shovel & axe
Table & chairs
All bedding (kids & ours)
Toilet paper & toiletries
Quick-erect shower cubicle
Quick-erect shade (maybe)
Toilet stool (I have a wooden toilet seat mounted on a fold-up stool base)
Tarp & piece of shadecloth, spare guy ropes & pegs.

Offline baldheadedgit

• your shout.?.. I'll ave Arf.......!
????Is that all..??????? lmao

Poverty Pack.!

Offline Gunna Do

• "To Infinity and Beyond"
Our camper has pretty much everything except fresh food and clothing stored in it all the time.  We try and keep all the non perishable food items stocked up as well.  SWMBO uses it as a backup pantry sometimes when we run low at home, but most times it doesn't get touched.

The only items which get added after considering where we're going, are extra blankets (cold months), rarely extra canvas (if going on longer stay holiday), fresh/perishable food, and clothing.

The beauty of keeping the camper fully stocked and ready to go, is you don't forget all the little bibs and bobs.

Offline Fivid

After a quick glance at your list I think the only extra we have are probably bourbon, port, fishing rods, a tap adapter for our water filling hose but we only take the hose on those occasions that we expect to have to fill up the water tank, chain saw bar oil and 2 stroke fuel (these live in the same ventilated cupboard as our spare gas bottle) and the chainsaw.

Also keep a tub of non persihable foods and we take a few spare fuses and a bit of wire...

http://www.trailtrack4x4.com/

Offline Silvo

• The grass is greener where you water it..
Yep, I would leave most of that in there as well..  For us we would take out the shower cubicle and shade unless we knew we would need it..

Some of that stuff would also live in the 4wd for us, regardless it would stay packed.

I would also leave my annex and walls OUT unless I knew we needed them.

Dan
Dan - 2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE and Lifestyle Camper AT10 EVO

Offline LC

Another vote for everything except clothes and fresh food - the fridge always has a supply of cold beer just in case I get thirsty while in the garage.
MY 2016 200 series Sahara
2016 Lifestyle Reconn

Offline DANBRI

• "Canvas Undies Never Die"
  • www.campingaustralia.org
I tend to leave ours empty because we often camp in the boat or just a tent.

I made a specific box for kitchen stuff, easy just to chuck that in (boat, 4wd or camper).  Only take 10 minutes to chuck the bedding/chairs in (etc.)

I leave most things in my camper for extra storage  ;D It onlt takes 10 minutes to back the GU in and load it up for the swag trips  8)
Other than food, and perishables.

Rich

Offline outback jack

Mine is always packed except for perishable food. Camping gear is an evolutionary process, you pick up stuff you need along the way and chuck out what you don't use.. That way its easier to go camping and your less likely to forget stuff or overpack.
 As it is we could go for 2 nights without even packing any more food

Offline albyback1

• Never too busy to go camping
We try and keep all the non perishable food items stocked up as well.  SWMBO uses it as a backup pantry sometimes when we run low at home, but most times it doesn't get touched.The beauty of keeping the camper fully stocked and ready to go, is you don't forget all the little bibs and bobs.

My pantry in the camper/car arrangement is better stocked than the one in the house. I had my sister visit for a coffee and wanted a biscuit... I had to go to the trailer for some! ;D

We go away just about every weekend.

Hooked up right now for tonight.. not sure where yet.... maybe Lithgow somewhere?

Not working until Tuesday! :cup:
Every where I go I bring pleasure. Sometimes it's when I arrive... but usually its when I leave!

Offline coffs camping

• We are three - Mum, Ms.15 and Mr.9
Hey,

I think that probably covers it. Then there is stuff specific to where you are going. And that list of stuff goes in the car. Surf boards and snorkelling gear OR bikes and helmets OR soccer / footy ball and tennis gear etc.

As gory as it sounds I also have a body bag - water proof (leak proof really), zips closed and perfect for keeping the firwood dry in all weather. Before you ask it wasn't second hand when I got it ...

I like my BBQ plate too just to make life easy over the fire. Also, the billy and the tripod.

I don't keep food in the camper. I can never remember what's in there so I take exactly what I need, eat it all, and come home and unpack coffee, sugar and condiments.

I do ave a roll of glad wrap, alfoil, zip lock bags and some clothes pegs. Matches, my string of Aussie flags and a roll of absorbent paper. I have tissues too. Like Outback Jack I have a couple of coolers and my wine galss spike and our extra long toast / marshmallow forks.

Think that covers it ...

CC
Love weekend camping whenever we can in our 2002 Cub Spacematic (Transcontinental Pack) with the 80series LC. See you out there!! J

I use body bags too.... It stops the mess in the car... 8)

We add.
Bedding
Food
Clothes
Box of batteries for cameras, fans, flashlights etc.
Everything else is always packed...
Bill and Morag
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:07:28 PM by Bill »
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline Patr80l

One think you always wished you packed but forgot; AA batteries.   Their shelf life is a couple of years so can be left in the van.
40, 80, GU, Touareg, GU, Touareg, 200

I also keep a plastic tub of firewood/kindling (about a milk crate size). Has come in very handy when arriving at a campsite on a wet day - no need to search for dry wood.

Offline Jasonbeerfridge

All, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Outback Jack - Stubby coolers mate, I'm bloody ashamed of myself for not thinking of those!
That was the best reply of all!

Offline albyback1

Outback Jack - Stubby coolers mate, I'm bloody ashamed of myself for not thinking of those!

thats a trick question!!!! the stubby cooler is NEVER packed in my camper!!!!

Its by my side in the console so its ready in case of an emergency!  :cheers:
Every where I go I bring pleasure. Sometimes it's when I arrive... but usually its when I leave!

Offline ralphedward

Better still, don't take up valuable room in your camper, just take Outback Jack with you.  He always has spare stubbie coolers, stubbies, camp ovens chocka block with food, firewood and just about anything you could possibly need when camping.  His only downfall is shown in the picture of his stubbie cooler, he supports the Colliwobbles.  When are we going camping again Jack!!!!!!!!!!! :cup:
SWMBO made me do it (whatever it was I did)!
VW Amarok & 'Cooper' the Tambo.

Offline smocky

One of the things we're looking forward to now having a CT is that it will be always in a ready to go state.

One question I have, what do you guys keep all this stuff in? Just use the plastic tubs with the the lids when the handles clip over?

Jason.

I have just about worn out the MySwag cooler must get the HD equipment next time . Might dispence with the cooler & drink faster so they dont warm up  :cheers:

We leave everything in the CT, just need to add food and clothes, hook up the tug and go :cheers:

One of the things we're looking forward to now having a CT is that it will be always in a ready to go state.

One question I have, what do you guys keep all this stuff in? Just use the plastic tubs with the the lids when the handles clip over?

Jason.

The cheap shop plastic tubs have a tendancy to break with a little rough treatment. The fish tub style are better, the come in 3 depths and have lids.

Offline albyback1

Better still, don't take up valuable room in your camper, just take Outback Jack with you.  He always has spare stubbie coolers, stubbies, camp ovens chocka block with food, firewood and just about anything you could possibly need when camping.  His only downfall is shown in the picture of his stubbie cooler, he supports the Colliwobbles.  When are we going camping again Jack!!!!!!!!!!! :cup:

colliwobbles!! rotflmao Eddie will not be impressed.... do ya wanna fone a friend or 50/50?

Offline gruesome

• Don't follow me I'm LOST
the list covers just about everything, the only other thing I can think of off hand is the spare gas burner and the camp ovens,
cheers Andy
2001 Prado OME coils and springs, bfg 265/75/16, UHF, Warn 9000lb winch
dual batteries, snorkel, draw  system, TJM bar, hella lights
Complete Campsite trailer