Author Topic: Kimberley Kamper Escape model  (Read 4686 times)

Offline bigred

• Tent User
Kimberley Kamper Escape model
« on: May 20, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »
Justing wanting to know where the Kimberley Kamper Escape fits into the KK's (I suspect it is the base model). I am looking at buying a 2006 model - does anyone have any comments on this particular model.
120 prado KK Limited Ed

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
Re: Kimberley Kamper Escape model
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 10:06:55 PM »
Hi mate.

I am new to KK ownership and only looked at a few before purchasing ours. I bought a KK Limited edition 2005 model with boat loader, boat and motor for 30k. I believe the escape model is the base model. The main difference is in the kitchen area, particularly the set up on the draw bar. The stove and storage systems are the main difference. To my knowledge the trailer chassis and body (tent part) are identical (pretty much) across all models.

I think the Escape is designed to keep the draw bar weight down also so it can be towed by smaller vehicles. If the design suits your needs then go for it. They are amazing and simple to use, we are impressed every time we use ours.

One of the other guys with way more KK knowledge will be able to provide you more detail and correct me if I am off target.

Regards

Jason

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:48:27 PM »
I used to have an 05 KK Escape and yes they were the base model ( which is now the Sports RV )
One difference was the lack of the gullwing front box, instead it had the smaller box with the slide out cooker.
Also the Escape had electric brakes and leaf springs ( and shockies ), but that wasn't a bad thing....it still rode and handled very good ..
Came standard with only 2 batts ( 70A/H ) but it could be upgraded to 6 batts if you wanted !
Another thing was a 70 ltr water tank ( instead of the stainless 120 ltr )

As no two trailers were never usually the same as they left the factory, it could have some/ none or all available options ??

The tent, main trailer, chassis was all the same, so apart from the above things, you won't feel as if the quality is less than the top of the range models..

Check for general condition of the whole setup ( especially the tent section )  and good luck with your "maybe" purchase !
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Tim - Stratford

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Sarah's Canvas Products
    • Canvas Jaffle Iron Covers
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 12:31:40 AM »
G'day Bigred,

I concur with the above posts....there's also some good KKs in the 'for sale' section here.   :D

Tim

Sarah's Canvas Products...
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=30053.0

Offline bigred

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 07:38:53 AM »
Thanks for the help gents.

I am having a look at an escape today. Usual story - have looked closely at AORC and KK's which will sell in the mid 20's. Just trying to find the one in best condition and most extra's.

Tim have looked at to the one's in the classified's section - might have to come down a little to get into my price bracket  :'( .

Thanks again for the quick response
120 prado KK Limited Ed