Author Topic: Christmas Camping  (Read 15176 times)

Offline Trailer Bloke

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • You never know what's around the corner
Christmas Camping
« on: November 26, 2015, 09:32:08 AM »
One month to go then 8 days camping or glamping (park with a ensuite to keep the wife happy) at Birubi Beach where are you going ?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:03:16 AM by Trailer Bloke »
Cheers Jon
Toyota Kluger towing a Ezytrail Tarwin http://gallery.myswag.org/gallery/v/Trailer+Bloke/

Offline Uncle H

• Swag User
Re: Christmas Camping
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:00:58 AM »
Heading up to Tinaroo Dam for a week before Chrissie then to Mission Beach for a few days either side of Christmas.

Been nearly 12 months since I've had a good camp so very much looking forward to this!!!

Cheers, Paul

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 11:37:31 AM »
Heading to our usual spot: Wellington Dam.
Burnsy, stay away.  ;D
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline Banjo16

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The road less travelled
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 12:24:48 PM »
Geehi Flats,can't wait.
Cheers,
Don

PB Challenger
Jayco Starcraft OB

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »
10 days with 3 other families on 700 acres of private property hidden behind Mt Barney  ;D

Cant wait. Were going out there on the weekend prior to slash the paddock, dig the long-drops, and pre-cut a stack of fire wood.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 05:18:55 PM by Spada »
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 01:08:34 PM »
10 days on a private property hidden behind Mt Barney.

Enjoy while it last.
When the new Camping Act will be in force, you are no longer allowed to do that anymore.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 01:11:13 PM »
Enjoy while it last.
When the new Camping Act will be in force, you are no longer allowed to do that anymore.

What?? camp on private property ??????
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 01:12:18 PM »
Enjoy while it last.

That is why they invented civil disobedience.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 01:42:21 PM »
Enjoy while it last.

I wonder if; and how that will effect:    www.youcamp.com   ??

Good thing the site owners have just flogged it off to the Super Retail Group...   (Super Cheap Auto; Rays; Rebel Sport; BCF; etc; etc)...

LOL
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 02:01:10 PM »
This is in the new proposal:

"5.2   Camping at a place other than an approved facility
It is a requirement under the Caravan Parks Act that a facility making available sites for accommodation vehicles and/or tents is approved; however, there are circumstances where camping also occurs on land outside of a recognised facility (such as on private property).
Under the Caravan Parks Regulations, a person may camp for up to three nights in any period of 28 consecutive days on land with the approval of the owner. To camp for longer than this period of time, approval must be sought. Such approval can be granted by the local government for up to three months or the Minister for Local Government (the Minister) for longer than three months.

Issues
It is important to acknowledge that people camp on private property for a range of reasons and for different lengths of time. In addition to potentially disturbing neighbours, camping of this type may have a significant impact on the environment and the health and safety of the campers may not be assured, especially if there is limited access to necessary health and hygiene facilities such as toilets, water or dump points.
One significant area of demand is the requests to camp for extended periods of time outside holiday parks due to land owners needing accommodation on their property while they are building a home. This is particularly prevalent in rural and remote areas where local accommodation options are limited and there is a need to supervise or personally undertake the building work."

For more info: http://www.dlg.wa.gov.au/Content/Legislation/UnderReview/CaravanCampingLegislation/ConsultationPaper2.aspx
It is only in WA, for now.

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 02:03:44 PM »
I wonder if; and how that will effect:    www.youcamp.com   ??

Good thing the site owners have just flogged it off to the Super Retail Group...   (Super Cheap Auto; Rays; Rebel Sport; BCF; etc; etc)...

LOL

OK so stupid me has to go and have a look at this link and clicked on this..........

http://www.atlantium.org/

Now this should probably go in the funnies nuts section.....

Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »
All that rubbish ( even in only WA so far ) is totally unenforceable ..

Isn't nat parks land private property ??  Only allowed to stay for 3 days ??  What about free camping on crown land...is that also private property ??

A bit of useless legislation...if it gets passed......although being useless means it will probably get passed !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 02:25:17 PM »
Don't know how they will enforce this as the landowner could deny access to his property for the inspector.
It seems to be all in favour for the caravan parks.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 02:48:24 PM »
wot about:

"Send in the drones"

(sung to:)  .."Send in the Clowns"  - LOL

>:D
 :-*
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 03:08:32 PM »
All that rubbish ( even in only WA so far ) is totally unenforceable ..

Isn't nat parks land private property ??  Only allowed to stay for 3 days ??  What about free camping on crown land...is that also private property ??

A bit of useless legislation...if it gets passed......although being useless means it will probably get passed !!

National parks will come under "approved facility".

In NSW Crown lands : The LG Regulation 2005 (clause 78) provides that installing a caravan, campervan or tent on a Crown reserve or in a State forest does not require LG Act approval. Instead, the Crown  Lands Act 1989 and the Forestry Act 1916 apply respectively .  Whatever they are.

My guess is that they will only use it in areas where camping is being a nuisance to someone. Again, the muppets are screwing it up for everyone else.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline cruiserv8

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 03:18:21 PM »
Kelleys Lane in Vic High Country

Offline slydar

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 05:20:26 PM »
My guess is that they will only use it in areas where camping is being a nuisance to someone

or theyre not making any money out of it (but the landowner is)

Offline slydar

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 05:52:07 PM »
camping or glamping ..... at Birubi Beach

see you up there! three weeks for us

JamesM

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 05:53:46 PM »
1 month off, Perth to Sydney, to Coffs, and back across. The longest break I've had from work, ever, very keen! lots of prep going on, departing in two weeks

Offline envee

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Retired !! grey nomading.
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 01:28:24 AM »
Heading to our usual spot: Wellington Dam.

Has Potters Gorge been upgraded yet? Last time we were there ( which was some months ago ) there were lots of pegs with pink ribbons on them so we figured it was going to get the face lift  ???
'14 Disco SE  '15 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

https://destinationpotatopoint.blogspot.com/

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 08:44:33 AM »
Enjoy while it last.

I thought you were joking till I read the follow-up  >:(

Really sounds like caravan parks are whinging about losing business
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2015, 08:48:52 AM »
It seems to be all in favour for the caravan parks.
same as in Tassie.. the council run caravan parks are going broke... easiest way to bring in cash (they think) is to ban camping anywhere but their run down facilities.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 11:06:34 AM »
Has Potters Gorge been upgraded yet? Last time we were there ( which was some months ago ) there were lots of pegs with pink ribbons on them so we figured it was going to get the face lift  ???

Don't know, we are heading to the dam itself and camp on one of the secluded spots.
We are always trying to get the hardest way in so we are sure that it will be quiet.  ;D

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »
same as in Tassie.. the council run caravan parks are going broke... easiest way to bring in cash (they think) is to ban camping anywhere but their run down facilities.

Thankfully some of the councils in NSW are seeing the light. Realising their towns are going broke (particularly when bypassed) they're trying to encourage people to come stay and visit by providing overnight areas or short term camps in the hope people will visit and spend a bit of coin in the local shops.

Its surprising that NSW, which is usually one of the most legislated states hasn't introduced similar. I'm trying to get my head round it but thankfully all the rules seem to be around commercial campgrounds so don't preclude someone camping with your mates on a property, but its a bit unclear.  Though it seems you can get round the regs by holding a sporting, recreation or cultural event. So camping with your mates for xmas is a recreational event right?

"Under the LG Regulation 2005, a temporary caravan park or camping ground operated for a period of 6 weeks or less, solely in connection with use of the land for a sporting, recreation or cultural event, does not have to be designed, constructed, maintained and operated in accordance with Subdivisions 1-8 of Division 3 of Part 3 of the Regulation (see clause 73(3)). This means, for  example, that the park or ground may be excused from having permanent amenities."

At least camping is permitted in all NSW State forests (except for Cumberland and Strickland State forests) and is still FREE!
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline scblack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »
At least camping is permitted in all NSW State forests (except for Cumberland and Strickland State forests) and is still FREE!
Is that right? I mountain bike in Awaba forestry area north of Wyong. So is it OK for me to pull up the camper and stay a night or two there when I go riding?
VW Amarok Highline 2016
Jayco Swan Outback 2015

A man must believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.