Author Topic: Another Newbie....  (Read 4073 times)

theins

Another Newbie....
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »
Good Morning,

finally have signed up, as there are now negotiations within this household about getting a campertrailer for an extended trip north (being based in Melbourne).

You will probably see me asking all sorts if typical rookie questions.

My drive is a 2008 Disco 3... Trailer yet to be determined..

Cheers,

Thomas

Offline berlitza

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Another Newbie....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:34:21 AM »
welcome aboard, you will find an endless amount of info on choosing a ct here, checkout the classifieds    :cheers:
All my life, I thought air was free...until I bought a bag of chips

scarps

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:16:51 PM »
Welcome aboard. Can highly recommend as an option Trackabout depending on your budget. If not new, there seems to be a few for sale atm.

Offline grc

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 12:46:03 PM »
Welcome to myswag Thomas
Ask away plenty off people here with a wealth of info

CHEERS GRC  :cheers:

KingBilly

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 01:26:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Good luck with your CT search.  Lots of options  :D :D

Happy camping
KB

theins

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 05:43:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Good luck with your CT search.  Lots of options  :D :D

Happy camping
KB

Thanks everybody - the number of available options seem to be part of the problem... so much information, hard to know where to start...

Cheers,

Thomas

theins

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »
Welcome aboard. Can highly recommend as an option Trackabout depending on your budget. If not new, there seems to be a few for sale atm.

Thanks - just read about them in the CTA 2014 awards - and am considering them as an option. Trying to create a shortlist ...  :laugh:

Offline Rob C

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • North Coast Campers
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
Welcome Thomas,

Bet the short list will grow once you start.
Set out what you need in a CT as a start and then research each co so that you have all the facts. Then ask the happy members here for advise as we have most brands covered.
Best to visit a camper show so they are all in the same place at once.

All the best and happy camping,

Rob
Nissan Patrol Y62-2023 & North Coast Camper XLT

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »
Welcome to MySwag Thomas. You will find plenty of good advice here to assist you in your CT search.

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 08:56:29 AM »
Welcome to MySwag Thomas, what are you thinking off, hard or soft floor. How many have to fit inside. Give us some info and we will help you spend some hard earned. The classifieds are where you might find a bargain

GG

theins

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 07:51:19 PM »
Welcome to MySwag Thomas, what are you thinking off, hard or soft floor. How many have to fit inside. Give us some info and we will help you spend some hard earned. The classifieds are where you might find a bargain

GG

Thanks GGPatrol - Leaning towards a hardfloor due to apparent ease of setup, but have not yet ruled out a softfloor either. Key criteria for me is around ease of use (setup). This is not going to be a "destination camper", but a touring camper, so I don't want to spend an hour setting up camp each time. At the same time, I also need a few luxuries, incl hot water, heater, ensuite...
It is two of us travelling (no kids).
I have to date largely done internet research - planning to go to Albury week after next for a recon and then - of course - early March in Melbourne. CT's I have looked at closer so far include Mountain Trail, Kimberley, Pioneer, Complete Campsite and Trackabout. In case of a softfloor, I am keen to get one with a walkthrough to make getting in and out of bed easier (not getting any younger... :'()

Any thought on either of these or other CT's I should look at would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Thomas

Offline vicandug

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Get ready. Get set.......
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 08:31:46 PM »
Hi

We are waiting on delivery of our Outback Tanami Camper.  We had one of their campers previously and have been more than happy with their service.
They are located in Carrum Downs which is even better for us as its only about 45 minutes away so hubby can drive them nuts while its being built.

Vic and Ug :cheers:
The dream - to travel like a snail with my home behind me, seeing every inch of Australia.

Life is a gift and too short to waste.

theins

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »
Had a look at the Tanami, looks like a good trailer.... The more I read/see/listen I am more and more leaning towards a hardfloor camper, shortlist to date includes Pioneer, KK and Aussie Swag... Still, want to give softfloor another look at Albury over the weekend (mountain trail)...

Had not appreciated the delivery times, though.... this is getting tight for our holiday...  :-[