Author Topic: New Campers From Melbourne  (Read 9768 times)

Offline Walkahz

• Learning the Ropes
New Campers From Melbourne
« on: February 09, 2018, 07:46:47 PM »
Hi

Just signed up.
My wife and I have just upgraded to a camper after many years in tents.
We figured we needed the extra room with our first kid on the way and running out of room for camp gear in the car only carrying the 2 dogs let alone everything that comes along with children.
We ended up buying an ex showroom demo Black series Alpha soft floor (got it for a price we couldn't refuse).
Not the greatest reputation but we are not planning on crossing the simpson (any time soon anyway).
I am also a mechanical engineer and fabricator so i figure ill be able to fix any issues if they arise.
Being located near sunbury in the west we went out for a test camp in the wombat SF and picked the only raining single digit temp day in january.
One of the first additions will be removing the bolt on gas bottle and jerry can mount and making a rack for my dirtbike.

Looking forward to exploring the forum an finding lots of tips and mods i can use on my camper.

Thanks
Josh

Offline McTavish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: New Campers From Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:27:31 PM »
Welcome to Myswag Josh.    Sound like good times ahead.   Camping and dirt biking...   Nearly as good as camping and surfing?
Vacation Camper & McTavish surfboard - what more does a guy need??

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
Re: New Campers From Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:15:32 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, ask away if you have any queries, heaps of info to be found

GG