Author Topic: Hi from WA  (Read 2397 times)

Offline brownegaz

• Sleeping Bag User
Hi from WA
« on: March 30, 2015, 02:20:06 PM »
This is my first post here for quite a while so not really an introduction, Im now semi retired so the wife and I are able to start getting more use out of the Pioneer Prospector hard floor CT we bought new 5 years ago.Im towing it with my trusty 2.5 litre diesel MN Triton.
Im heading off to Kirkalocka Station, Mt Magnet, Sandstone, Lenora, Lake Ballard, Menzies and Kalgoorlie over Easter any tips on road conditions or what we should look out for or avoid would be appreciated, my main interest will be photography and seeing the sights like London Bridge, Gromely Sculptures, old town sites like Gwalia etc.I was considering going straight down to Lake Ballard from Sandstone but Im not sure about the conditions on the unsealed road, this would also mean I would not see Gwalia Agnew or Leonora.
Thanks
Gary
2009 MN Triton 2.5 Litre Diesel  2009 Pioneer Prospector Camper Trailer

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Hi from WA
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 03:02:01 PM »
This is my first post here for quite a while so not really an introduction, Im now semi retired so the wife and I are able to start getting more use out of the Pioneer Prospector hard floor CT we bought new 5 years ago.Im towing it with my trusty 2.5 litre diesel MN Triton.
Im heading off to Kirkalocka Station, Mt Magnet, Sandstone, Lenora, Lake Ballard, Menzies and Kalgoorlie over Easter any tips on road conditions or what we should look out for or avoid would be appreciated, my main interest will be photography and seeing the sights like London Bridge, Gromely Sculptures, old town sites like Gwalia etc.I was considering going straight down to Lake Ballard from Sandstone but Im not sure about the conditions on the unsealed road, this would also mean I would not see Gwalia Agnew or Leonora.
Thanks
Gary
My sister worked in the areas mentioned for DOCP and she never bothered with checking road conditions and was getting about in a  n old nissan pulsar, but best check with local police / rangers if you want to be sure
2004 Jayco Eagle Outback - 1999 Toyota Prado Snowy

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 06:43:48 PM »
We drove from Menzies to the lake in September 2013 and the road was in very good condition. We were the only ones at the lake and had a brilliant night there in our camper.  My wife got lots of photos at sunset and sun rise.  This was our camp spot.....   Kevin

Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline brownegaz

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 10:15:58 PM »
Thanks Kevin It looks like you also have a hard floor camper, what make is it ?
I only hope there isn't a crowd at Lake Ballard but I guess being Easter theres likely to be a few campers out that way,I see from the weather forecasts that its probably going to be a bit damp out that way  ;D
2009 MN Triton 2.5 Litre Diesel  2009 Pioneer Prospector Camper Trailer