Author Topic: Hi From Brisbane  (Read 2161 times)

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
Hi From Brisbane
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:09:30 AM »
Thought I better drop a few lines been stalking for a bit and say hi my wife and two little ones and I are looking at buying a camper trailer we were at the last show in Brisbane just looking but we are more looking for something that wont break the bank so are looking for used we kind of are aware of what we want something along the lines of a Jayco Flamingo with two small kids 3.5 years and a 6 month old the space and the lounge area would make things a little easier and we can grow into it.

One of the things I have noticed whilst looking is the pricing I have seen many I would think are over priced for there age I am not sure why that is probably need some schooling.

I think others in the range are Coromel and Goldstream I don't mind spending some money on fixing it up either quite handy with cars and completed a house reno and have every tool under the sun lol the tow vehicle will be a falcon station wagon to start with later down the track we will probably upgrade to a decent tug.

Most of our movements would be based around parks etc that I can get my Falcon to then after that maybe upgrade the suspension when we get a 4X4 etc.

So i guess what I am asking is what kind of campervan should I be looking out for is a 10 year old Goldstream going to fair better with upgrades etc then a jayco.

IS there any services like vehicle checks etc in other states that can look at a caravan for you if you find one, a Broker or something like that?

Any info is appreciated

Willy

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:13:42 AM by BBwilly »

KingBilly

Re: Hi From Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 12:43:07 PM »
Welcome Willy to the forum.  Good luck with your search.  If you find something that seems to fit your needs and it is interstate, plenty of helpful folks on here who would be able to go and have a look for you.

Happy camping
KB

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »
Welcome to MySwag Willy. Plenty of swaggers will help you with advice on Jayco's etc here. See you around the forum.

scarps

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »

Offline Rob C

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • North Coast Campers
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 06:46:26 PM »
Welcome Willy,

No experience with these types of campers, but there will plenty of Swaggers that will be able to give you advise .
All the best and happy camping.

Rob
Nissan Patrol Y62-2023 & North Coast Camper XLT

Offline DarWen

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 07:28:22 PM »
Hi Willy, Welcome to the myswag family i'am you will find many people with the info you need. Darren,