Author Topic: 4wd Touring Australia Mag  (Read 2029 times)

Offline GregS

• Tent User
  • I have a dream...to see all of this great country
4wd Touring Australia Mag
« on: July 30, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »
Hi All, just a heads up on a new mag about to hit the stands by Carlisle Rogers. It's called 4WD Touring Australia. Here is a link to the subscription site http://www.isubscribe.com.au/4WD-Touring-Australia-Magazine-Subscription.cfm

I have had a quick read of a copy that my boss got, (he is the owner of Johnno's camper trailers and a friend of Carlisle's) and going by the look I had it looks like it will do really well. It has more touring articles and less ads than nearly every other 4wd mag out there and when I can actually get my mitts on the book and bring it home I can give a more indepth report.

I have no affilliation with this mag or with Carlisle Rogers other than being an employee of Johnno's Camper Trailers.

Cheers

Greg

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13

Offline GregS

• Tent User
Re: 4wd Touring Australia Mag
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:01:34 PM »
Hi Symon, mate thanks for the link, I didn't know he had put something up so if you need to remove this thread then by all means go for it. I will post over on Carlisle's thread.

Cheers

Greg

Offline GregS

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »
Well after a bit more reading of the mag today I have to say that this mag will give a couple of others out there a bit of a scare. I will be lining up for my subscription as well. If you like your 4wd touring then this mag needs to be in your hands, as it will certainly be in mine. If Carlisle keeps to the same mantra (hopefully this is the right word to use!!) he has set himself with the first mag...great touring articles, great writing, awesome photography (nice work guys), and sensible advice then he is on a winner.

Carlisle, mate I don't say these words because I work for Johnno's campers or I have been told to say them (which I haven't, as I form my own opinions) or I want freebies or whatever, I say these things because I honestly believe that this is a great mag and it deserves to do well. I cannot wait for the dvd's though as working for Craig is a riot at times so having him on them would have been a hoot.

Cheers

Greg

Offline VKPrado

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »
Just picked up the latest copy of 4WD Touring at ARB and found that my in-laws vehicle is in it in the readers vehicles section. They were the runner up.