Author Topic: 'Suspension Stuff' Shocks  (Read 6430 times)

Offline Moto Moto

• Soft Floor Camper User
'Suspension Stuff' Shocks
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:34:49 PM »
Anyone out there using Suspension Stuff own branded shocks on their vehicles?

Want to update the suspension on the Trol to a 2 inch lift kit. Already decided a while ago on the dobinson springs, just can't decide on shocks, there are too many options.

They do some great "mates rates" deals online. One of the options is their own shocks, which i understand is rebranded and slightly re-valved lovells. 5 yr warranty on the shocks is hard to go past. Plus the package price including delivery is really good.

Any feedback from those using these shocks would be appreciated  :cheers:
2012 BT-50 XTR and Jayco Expanda 14.44-4 Outback

Offline offroadfreq

• Tent User
  • My First Patrol....... Long time ago.....
Re: 'Suspension Stuff' Shocks
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 09:57:39 PM »
I have Koni, long travel, on my 2" lift patrol for 200K's now and would never buy anything else

Offline Disco EMU

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 05:53:17 AM »
I've only heard good reports about them ... mainly from other Land Rover owners.
Have you looked into sourcing your shocks from OS? The aussie dollar is still strong against the US. I bought 4 Bilsteins from www.truckspring.com for around $500au delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Craig
2000 Landrover Discovery Series II TD5
2001 Jayco Finch

Offline Moto Moto

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:42:16 AM »
Thanks for the tip Disco, searched their website but they don't list bilsteins for the Patrol. Every other make just about though :'(

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 11:20:49 AM »
Thanks for the tip Disco, searched their website but they don't list bilsteins for the Patrol. Every other make just about though :'(
Offtopic to your original question, but it would be worth dropping them an email if you're interested. Nissan don't sell the Patrol in the US, so that's probably why they're not listed. That said, as Bilstein dealers they can probably get whatever part you need, it'd just be a case of them looking in the book.

I've bought stuff from TruckSpring in the past, and they've been very helpful over email. One of the guys on the Pathfinder forum went back and forth with them, and eventually discovered that an airbag kit for a Kia Sorrento will fit a 2" lifted Pathfinder perfectly, so that's what I'm running in mine now. Nice people to deal with, who don't mind talking to you to find out what you need, vs just listing whatever's on their website. Shipping was fast and reasonably priced, what's not to like?

Good luck either way!
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline SKEMPIE

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »
Not sure of their quality, But it may or may not be of interest that there slacks creek shopfront has been closed for sometime now. Whether or not in this day and age there supply side exceeds there fitting bay hence now a internet based business i'm not sure.

Offline db

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »
I have suspension stuff shocks and Dobinsons springs on the Pajero for about 2 years now (got one of their mate rates packs).  I have had no problems with them.  Don't have anything other than the OEM springs / shocks to compare to, but I am happy with them.  Have done the Simpson desert, and about 10,000 ks towing with them including about 3000 ks dirt.  No complaints.
Modcon Quattro
NW Pajero GLX-R

Offline Mighty80

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 12:39:16 PM »
Not sure of their quality, But it may or may not be of interest that there slacks creek shopfront has been closed for sometime now. Whether or not in this day and age there supply side exceeds there fitting bay hence now a internet based business i'm not sure.

They have moved their shopfront to Springwood just on the otherside of the hwy.

Look at their website for adress details.

Cheers Scott

Offline Moto Moto

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
I have suspension stuff shocks and Dobinsons springs on the Pajero for about 2 years now (got one of their mate rates packs).  I have had no problems with them.  Don't have anything other than the OEM springs / shocks to compare to, but I am happy with them.  Have done the Simpson desert, and about 10,000 ks towing with them including about 3000 ks dirt.  No complaints.

Thanks for the feedback, their mates rates kit fits my budget, so i think i'll give them a try.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »
Shane is pretty good to deal with, will give you the right info without any bullShit.

but remember, things made to a price arent always cheap...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Moto Moto

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 08:16:01 PM »
Thanks Lost.

I was very happy with the help and advice i got and placed an order this afternoon :cheers: