Author Topic: Xmas Camping at Arakoon SRA, South West Rocks  (Read 7590 times)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Xmas Camping at Arakoon SRA, South West Rocks
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »
I have been past Arakoon in holiday times and think it would be nice to be able to get a spot like the "permanents"....

But, with a ballot system, even if I was lucky enough to score a site ( I wonder if you can pick the site you like ? ), what about my friend(s) ??????

Or do you change your ways and go camping on your own ???

Maybe thats why I now go free camping at xmas time....apart from saving money.....it avoids getting stuck with a spot for a week or two that we don't like, and we don't have to go thru the hassle of trying to find somewhere nice to stay, that is also able to have 2 ( or 3 ) groups camped beside each other ..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 11:30:32 AM »
Maybe thats why I now go free camping at xmas time....apart from saving money.....it avoids getting stuck with a spot for a week or two that we don't like, and we don't have to go thru the hassle of trying to find somewhere nice to stay, that is also able to have 2 ( or 3 ) groups camped beside each other ..
I agree with you Gronk, I'm over the squished in popular caravan park holiday gig, Sure the kids enjoy meeting other kids, but they are starting to enjoy being next to a river bank somewhere and it is quiet and spending time with a couple of good mates or family.
 :cup:

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline schmik

• Tent User
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 07:20:24 AM »
This made it to the web paper.  http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/trial-bay-campers-lose-their-spots-to-a-mouse-20130111-2clbl.html

You have to love someones Point of View don't you.   Some one that had a permanent spot says ''You have always got to play by the rules and accept change. But it needed to be done in an equitable way.''

What is inequitable about EveryBody getting a chance to have the spot?
I've been eyeing off one of those spots for 15 years....