Author Topic: Bathurst 2016  (Read 52848 times)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Bathurst 2016
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2016, 12:38:05 PM »
Welcome to come here if needed. We've still got power.

Thanks, I dragged the gennie out, it was due for a run anyway :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2016, 12:49:56 PM »
Must be getting older....or bored....turned it off while I have a lunchtime snooze.

Turn it back in for the most exciting bit....the last couple of hours.

Go the blue team  :cheers:

Rob
not much happening in the race really, I'm getting bored myself. Just looked at the weather forecast and no rain forecast unfortunately, so not looking good for crash action today.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2016, 01:48:40 PM »
not much happening in the race really, I'm getting bored myself. Just looked at the weather forecast and no rain forecast unfortunately, so not looking good for crash action today.

I generally watch the first 5 laps and last 10, if I'm home. I hope the first 5 laps aren't any indication of the last ten ::)

With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2016, 02:16:12 PM »
4 Sale   , Honda 10 gen set can be delivered , Best Offer Get it while you can  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »
Anybody just see the ARB ad.?

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2016, 04:26:13 PM »
Interesting end to the race....whilst I'm no big fan of Whingecup, I reckon the 15 second penalty is harsh. Yes he did wrong and was redressing the situation as the rules stipulate for such an offence, but if Tander had of not tried to push through, that mess wouldn't have happened....and I actually say that liking Tander as a driver and wanted him to win out of those in the lead. Can't blame the guy for seeing an opportunity and going for it, but he's not blameless in that mess.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »
Interesting end to the race....whilst I'm no big fan of Whingecup, I reckon the 15 second penalty is harsh. Yes he did wrong and was redressing the situation as the rules stipulate for such an offence, but if Tander had of not tried to push through, that mess wouldn't have happened....and I actually say that liking Tander as a driver and wanted him to win out of those in the lead. Can't blame the guy for seeing an opportunity and going for it, but he's not blameless in that mess.

Agree, and for once agree with the commentators, the re-address rule caused the accident, but as you state could have been avoided.   Whincup tried to do what the rules dictate and nek minit, crash.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2016, 04:36:00 PM »
Less than impressed with Whincup, yes there's taking a passing opportunity, but don't think you're the only one on the track - he managed to do it to inititate both the McLaughlin incident, and then the Tander incident.

Also I don't think that McLaughlin had much choice as to where he was heading for his reentry- not a lot of grip for stopping or steering on grass with slicks...

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »
Wow closest race ever! How do they keep managing to do that????

What a ****ing joke maybe we should not allow any passing at all and just run the whole race behind a pace car!
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2016, 04:48:07 PM »

x2

Happy for Will though, never led a lap in the race and he wins it...

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2016, 04:48:57 PM »
x2

Happy for Will though, never led a lap in the race and he wins it...

He did a Bradbury
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2016, 04:52:18 PM »
Holden 1 & 2 & 3 + 1 dead Volvo                    :cup:                    :cheers:
till next year  ;D                                     :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2016, 04:54:21 PM »
Yep and I got reacquainted with VB today  ???
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2016, 04:56:50 PM »
Yep and I got reacquainted with VB today  ???
So did l   , Well Done               :cheers:

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2016, 05:01:00 PM »

I reckon Tander had too much of a hard-on thinking he was Johnny on the spot rather than check where the hell the 3rd car was.

He should've gone to Spec Savers...... Might've seen the Volvo was about to enter the track again.  ;D
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2016, 05:02:56 PM »
I reckon Tander had too much of a hard-on thinking he was Johnny on the spot rather than check where the hell the 3rd car was.

x2

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Streetkid

• Tent User
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2016, 05:52:46 PM »
Wincup got the blame for the whole thing, they are doing a post race review of the volvos actions which could well lay the blame with that driver which won't help wincups result so a ruined race imo.
Happy Customline owner

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2016, 06:01:55 PM »

He should've gone to Spec Savers...... Might've seen the Volvo was about to enter the track again.  ;D
thought much the same myself....Whingecup may have caused the first incident, but the vehicle firing back onto the track as far as he did and Tander trying to take advantage of the situation worsened the outcome.

Offline Joff

• "This is my Custom User Title"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2016, 06:14:51 PM »
Wincup has been robbed. Im no Wincup fan either but he punted Mclachlan and the penalty for that if the other car re-enters is redress, not 15 seconds. Mclachlan re-entered. Its not Wincups fault Tander and Mclachlan took each other out. And it doesnt cut it that Tander was trying to pass a slowed Wincup either. Hes entitled to hold his line while redressing. Its up to Tander to pass safely, he didn't

However you cut it, as much as id have liked to see Tander or The Gizz or Mclauchlan or even Davidson beat him, he was robbed today. I wouldnt mind betting there is reversal of some sort on that decision. I dont thing Techno should be bolting that silverware down just yet.

And, if you dont like the class or motorsport generally, bugger off back to your macrame  :D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:16:51 PM by Joff »
HDJ-105 full dresser plus modded Allterrain and NO BLING

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »
                                 That's Bathurst         :cheers:                 :angel:

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2016, 06:28:25 PM »
Wincup has been robbed. Im no Wincup fan either but he punted Mclachlan and the penalty for that if the other car re-enters is redress, not 15 seconds. Mclachlan re-entered. Its not Wincups fault Tander and Mclachlan took each other out. And it doesnt cut it that Tander was trying to pass a slowed Wincup either. Hes entitled to hold his line while redressing. Its up to Tander to pass safely, he didn't

However you cut it, as much as id have liked to see Tander or The Gizz or Mclauchlan or even Davidson beat him, he was robbed today. I wouldnt mind betting there is reversal of some sort on that decision. I dont thing Techno should be bolting that silverware down just yet.

And, if you dont like the class or motorsport generally, bugger off back to your macrame  :D

I was thinking same but it such a bussines now I bet they have some "do not appeal"  legal BS in place as its a franchised business ? There is no way that decision should stand.

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2016, 06:30:03 PM »
                                 That's Bathurst         :cheers:                 :angel:

Well eggenberger had their victory scrubbed and given to the golden Peter some months after the event so I suppoe theres precendence?

Jim

Offline Joff

• "This is my Custom User Title"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2016, 06:31:46 PM »
Well eggenberger had their victory scrubbed and given to the golden Peter some months after the event so I suppoe theres precendence?

Totally different governing body back then
HDJ-105 full dresser plus modded Allterrain and NO BLING

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2016, 06:45:50 PM »
Totally different governing body back then

Ofcourse in was in response to the "it's Bathurst" claim. Today's it's a business I'd like to know what allowances they have signed away in the name of it. When John Bowie drove F5000 I think he travelled to races with a lawyer or one crewed for him   :D

Jim

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2016, 06:59:45 PM »
Watching the McLaughlin interview he admitted he re-entered unsafely and effectively caused the crash. This isn't over by a long shot. It will be interesting to see if Whingecup lodges an appeal. He might not but Roland Dane probably will.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado