Author Topic: 20 ft gas cylinder  (Read 2182 times)

Offline danbo81

• Tent User
20 ft gas cylinder
« on: January 13, 2011, 11:56:48 AM »
i work along the brisbane river and last we were there watching all sorts of things float past at a great rate of speed and i could hear this hissing sound real loud it was one of those hugh lpg cylinders like at the servo floading down and it must of hit a bridge or something and was spewing gas out every where it was at least 20 foot long i think theres gunna be some crazy stuff washing into moreton bay and the local islands over the next few months its just crazy
Cheers Dan

Offline Laith

• Campers are like girlfriends... I like to check out everyone else's
  • Hard Floor Camper User
Re: 20 ft gas cylinder
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 12:16:58 PM »
If you lit a match maybe you could boil some water for a cuppa.

That would have spun you out a bit I'm sure.

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: 20 ft gas cylinder
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »
Maybe that was what hit the Go Between Bridge (Hale St Bridge) last night. One of my friends is flooded in at milton, and had this to say around 8pm:
"Omg gas explosion at go between big was so loud"

The guys on the river in the water police boats and the tugs all deserve medals to be out there dodging restaurants, ferries and bits of boardwalks! Will be interesting to see how much damage the poor bridges sustain once the water eventually goes down a bit.

There's some nasty stuff in the water - some of the rescue crews in Rocky came face to face with a 2m croc in someone's backyard a couple of days ago! I think I'd prefer the gas cylinder...

Thanks!
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.