Author Topic: QLD FLOODS- Showroom sector lets all HELP  (Read 4176 times)

Offline MadAz

• Swag User
QLD FLOODS- Showroom sector lets all HELP
« on: January 12, 2011, 05:50:06 PM »
I think that all of us that have products advertised in the showroom sector should offer a percentage of all sales from here to the flood fund.

I am offering 25% off all my sales as of now to go to the QLD government floods donation fund.

That way you and I can both feel like we are doing something to help out. I am too far away in WA to help with the clean up so the best i could do is offer funds, toys, clothes, books, other odds and ends etc.

I will be sending over whatever i can get together once the clean up begins.

Lets get together and do what Aussies do best, help out our mates.

Who else will jump on board.

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
Re: QLD FLOODS- Showroom sector lets all HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:18:34 PM »

Thanks for your support MadZa.  :-* (cause there isn't a hug)

I might just say that the Red Cross has requested NO PERSONAL GOODS PLEASE.  Just MONEY.  Those affected are best helped by getting exactly what they need with MONEY.  (I'm not sure how that works with no road infrastructure but I'm no expert here.)

Please donate by dropping into your local Coles, Bank or calling 1800 219 028.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/floodrelief

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Boo Boo

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 06:43:37 PM »
I would also like to say thank you to anyone for happy us Qlder's out with donations.  My work place organised a morning tea to raise money and a raffle with donated prizes, funny enough it was yesterday when we were being told to go home before you can't get home.  Though just thinking that many of these prizes were donated by businesses that have just gone under themselves.

That is the true Aussie spirit  :cup:

Offline coffs camping

• Tent User
  • We are three - Mum, Ms.15 and Mr.9
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 07:06:39 PM »
OK,

If I know a business is giving a % of sales to the flood relief I'll be more inclined to buy what I need from them. You can never have too much gear so I'll be watching this thread with interest.

J
Love weekend camping whenever we can in our 2002 Cub Spacematic (Transcontinental Pack) with the 80series LC. See you out there!! J

Offline MadAz

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »
Excellent, yes i agree if i see others with a donation pledge i will buy also.

So many it is, lets see what we can organise. I will probably be throwing a few things on Ebay to help out also.

Maybe we could list a few things on here and just put down make an offer or best offer or something. I dont have mush, but i've probably got a hell of a lot more then alot of people over there. Plus i have a dry bed and an operating town and house to live in, so i dont need much more.

Offline Johnny Trackabout

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • GIDDY UP...WHOO BACK
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »
What a great idea mate, I'm with you. I'll donate 5% of all sales made from my swag members from 12/1/2011 to 28/2/2011 and hopefully that may help a little.
I am also donating a heap of  mattresses to help those who have lost everything and need a comfy nights sleep. These are not real flash, but will beat sleeping on a hard surface and anyone reading this that may have been affected please contact me on 07 3208 1133 or drop into....

Trackabout Off Road Campers
27 Moss St
Slacks Creek

Cheers
JT

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 07:47:17 PM »
It may sound silly but would a myswag appeal be worth it. Just an idea as one party can take the donations via direct debit and present them to who ever.

Mark 
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline MadAz

• Swag User
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 05:30:30 PM »
Have 55w HID H1, H9, HB3 and HB4 kits, one of each, will sell for $50 each plus $11 express post with the full proceeds to go to the flood relief. All 5000k.

This is less then cost price.

HB3 and HB4 kits both sold.

GREAT thats $100 to the floods relief already. Top stuff
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:24:21 PM by MadAz »

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • GIDDY UP...WHOO BACK
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »
Well did my 1st my swag sale today, at 5% equates to a nice $800 to the flood victims up here.
I urge anyone to please give some $$$ as this is the worst thing I have ever seen and I know the aussie spirit will kick in and do its bit to help out, really is not great up here.

Cheers
JT

Offline Chippy76

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • :D
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »
Top work Johnny. Sadly I cant contribute here, but I am helping out in other ways.

Cheers Chippy :D
"All ice is thin ...cross only when necessary" - Buck Tilton

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 09:09:39 PM »
Top work Johnny. Sadly I cant contribute here, but I am helping out in other ways.

Chippy its not all about money mate great work what ever you are doing helping the flood victims.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • GIDDY UP...WHOO BACK
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »

matey $$$ or anything is a help at present, it really is heart breaking atm and it is amazing the stories starting to come through and even more amazing is the amount of people donating time, $$$ muscle power, there homes to total strangers , etc and really makes me proud to be an aussie

Offline Chippy76

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • :D
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 09:43:32 PM »
Dont have much $$$ at the moment Johnny. However I have been helping out cleaning out shops and businesses in Killarney. Anything I can do to help everyone get back on there feet. We are Aussies ... we are a resilient bunch!

"All ice is thin ...cross only when necessary" - Buck Tilton

Offline coffs camping

• Tent User
  • We are three - Mum, Ms.15 and Mr.9
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »
I got an email yesterday saying I could donate my velocity rewards (Virgin). I never have enough to use them before they expire so I donated them. I hope FlyBuys do the same. Everything helps.

J

14th Jan @ 21.37 - FlyBuys have come good - if you have spare points donate them if you can ...

J
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:39:05 PM by coffs camping »
Love weekend camping whenever we can in our 2002 Cub Spacematic (Transcontinental Pack) with the 80series LC. See you out there!! J