Author Topic: Why is this racist?  (Read 43716 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Why is this racist?
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2014, 04:58:34 PM »
Quote from: BBwilly
I am amazed it didn't happen sooner to be honest there is a long history of certain groups coming into Cronulla and causing issues and don't get me started on the boys in blue in the area.
Yup.. having grown up and gone to school thru the area I hear plenty from mates out there

but anytime someone tried to bring it up - they were instantly branded racist..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline grafy82

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2014, 02:02:45 AM »

The funny thing is I really didn't realise there were so many people of Aboriginal descent on here.  You learn something everyday!

Dazzler, please enlighten us as to why you felt it necessary to pop this race flaming comment in here. Are you saying that only Aboriginal Australians are allowed to be patriotic about their country.
   You just slagged off a lot of the forum members here for their views on this, but you clearly know the difference between the people that come here for a better life and adapt and assimilate to the Aussie way of life and are willing to follow the laws of the land and work hard to contribute to our communities, as opposed to those who come here with no intention of every trying to assimilate and who want to push their customs and laws upon us hence making this place more like what they were supposedly trying to escape from. That is what the shirt slogan, which is what we are actually discussing here, is meant to portray.

Wes
My Trailer Build
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=16864.0

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet. - Julius Caesar

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2014, 06:42:21 AM »
Dazzler, please enlighten us as to why you felt it necessary to pop this race flaming comment in here. Are you saying that only Aboriginal Australians are allowed to be patriotic about their country.
   You just slagged off a lot of the forum members here for their views on this, but you clearly know the difference between the people that come here for a better life and adapt and assimilate to the Aussie way of life and are willing to follow the laws of the land and work hard to contribute to our communities, as opposed to those who come here with no intention of every trying to assimilate and who want to push their customs and laws upon us hence making this place more like what they were supposedly trying to escape from. That is what the shirt slogan, which is what we are actually discussing here, is meant to portray.

Wes

Geez, that's a lot to get out of one sentence.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2014, 07:54:07 AM »
Geez, that's a lot to get out of one sentence.

Yep, long sentence but well said!

Cheers,

Disco teddy.
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline Terry W4

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Retired - loving every minute of it
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2014, 06:31:45 PM »
Can't believe that ths is still going!
Terry - Canberra ACT
2008 Prado 120 D4D and 2009 Swan Outback
Blog Travels with Terry: https://terrywalls.wordpress.com

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »

Yep I think it's well time it closed. Sorry it's caused some grief.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2014, 07:03:46 PM »
It's getting counter productive pretty fast.
Here's an idea if we are gonna talk religion , patriotism and politics let's compare ourselves to isreal and how they deal with foreign affairs and refugees  ....makes us all seem alot nicer dosn't it.
An no , I seriously don't want to go there was just sayn

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2014, 07:34:47 PM »
After my rant I kept well away from this as it would only have gotten worse.

To put you in the picture. 

My mothers side of the family were gypsy's and have been and continue to be persecuted.

My fathers side were Huguenots and had their lands taken from them and deported.

If you take the time to look back at your own histories you will most probably find similar stories and the basis for the persecution was intolerance fostered and fed by those with their own nationalistic or religious agendas.

"Love it or leave it" attempts to control what we are allowed to think and is the beginnings of nationalistic behaviour that mostly ends in someone being made to leave.

As a few of you know, I deported a Hazara family back to Afghanistan to the virtual certain death of the father.  Done because of the right wing jump that Australia has done since 2000. 

I can assure you this family loved Australia. 

I will say no more.  You are welcome to PM me to continue a personal argument on the matter. I will even give you my phone number.

daz
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Marschy

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2014, 06:11:44 AM »
Then don't read the thread.