Author Topic: It's for his own good.  (Read 27832 times)

Online Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: It's for his own good.
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2014, 06:27:22 PM »
Jobs are assigned on a priority bases.
Exactly.

Sent from my XT905 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2014, 06:40:47 PM »
But yeah, you may right, he just likes a beer and rides his bike with his mates.  No harm there.
KB

King billy I just get a bit sick a tired of people always saying that police officers were in the right when a number of times in life I have seen otherwise I worked in security for some time both monitoring and out on patrol and it left my head spinning with some of the crap I witnessed.

There are some very good police officers out there but like any workplace there are some class a dopes that do there colleagues no favours at all, nothing more then thugs throwing their weight around and I guess this is why I have lost respect.

Actually a funny thing, one of the guys I worked in security now is an officer in QLD police he was quite unstable when we worked together have no idea what the standards are to get in but they cant be real high if they let him in.

Offline JCAT

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Live for today, you may not be here tomorrow.
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
BBwilly,

not everyone who rides a Harley is a member of an OMCG, I know friends and cops that ride them that are not members of OMCG's.

From the female cop and the Sergeant's line of questioning it is not hard to see that they had formed the opinion he is a member of what the QLD police have determined is an OMCG.

And yes, I agree, there are good and bad police officers as there are good and bad in every line of work and life.

Not taking away from the fact this bloke was a spanker.

Given his pi.s poor attitude the police showed a great deal of restraint.
2018 Prado GXL
2017 Vista Crossover XL

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2014, 08:53:56 PM »
I don't think many people have issues with the pressure on Outlaw gangs...

But looking at most motorcycle forums Qld doesn't want any single person to ride a bike at all anywhere any time - any sort of bike from a Vespa to a Posty bike.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2014, 09:38:50 PM »
Its purely a numbers game, well documented we're broke in Qld
You too eh? In SA noticed they're just putting up the fine for unregistered vehicles to $2500 and with no rego stickers anymore (costs money) you wanna be careful about borrowing a mate's trailer or the like. My guess is more are driving unregistered because they're struggling to pay rego anyway.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2014, 09:41:26 PM »
I don't think many people have issues with the pressure on Outlaw gangs...

But looking at most motorcycle forums Qld doesn't want any single person to ride a bike at all anywhere any time - any sort of bike from a Vespa to a Posty bike.
Not true.
I was talking to a bike rider at a BBQ tonight. He has a Harley and rides with his mates that own Harley's quite often. He said that on his weekend rides he normally rides with three of four other Harley riders. He doesn't belong to a club and doesn't wear colours. He said he  has never been pulled over since the new laws have come in and that innocent riders have nothing to worry about. He said the only times he has been pulled over have been when he was speeding.

He did say he thinks the laws are a bit extreme but it hasn't affected him at all.

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2014, 12:10:55 AM »
Must say I'm surprised Julia and the Misogyny Maidens aren't right onto that outrageous video. Why aren't those mysogynist coppers back in the squad car, not standing over Ms Affirmative and letting her get on with the job?
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2014, 09:33:05 AM »
Not true.
I was talking to a bike rider at a BBQ tonight. He has a Harley and rides with his mates that own Harley's quite often. He said that on his weekend rides he normally rides with three of four other Harley riders. He doesn't belong to a club and doesn't wear colours. He said he  has never been pulled over since the new laws have come in and that innocent riders have nothing to worry about. He said the only times he has been pulled over have been when he was speeding.

He did say he thinks the laws are a bit extreme but it hasn't affected him at all.
Your mate seems to be the minority from what all the motorcycle forums are saying.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2014, 04:31:02 PM »

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-commissioner-sorry-for-inconveniencing-harassed-biker-20140113-30pxh.html
 :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

Read the article , bloke looks like a wanna be prospect ! I've got no dramas with turkeys like this being targeted. Good to see the QLD boys in blue stirring up blokes like this. If your doing the right thing you've nothing to worry about! These OLMC blokes are the s bend of the earth even wannabe blokes like this numpty!

Bring back the old boys from 21 division.

Cheers

Disco teddy
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2014, 04:55:09 PM »
Read the article , bloke looks like a wanna be prospect ! I've got no dramas with turkeys like this being targeted. Good to see the QLD boys in blue stirring up blokes like this. If your doing the right thing you've nothing to worry about! These OLMC blokes are the s bend of the earth even wannabe blokes like this numpty!

Bring back the old boys from 21 division.

Cheers

Disco teddy

Agree 100%
If you want to play "dress-ups" to look like a motorcycle gang member than expect to be picked on by the cops.  I have no sympathy for him. I just saw this tool on the CH7 news.  Open face helmet wearing a bandana across his face, you know the ones that look like a skull. Also wearing a black leather vest with patches on it.

If he continues to play "dress ups", then I hope the cops continue to harass him.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:54:06 PM by muzza01 »

Offline Davepatrol

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 4.2 Patrol with a lot of extras
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »
When something like this or worst can happen, I don't blame them getting backup.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/video/watch/20730161/police-officer-dragged-by-car/

When I lived around the Campbelltown area I've heard on the scanner where cops have stopped cars and had Knives & also a gun pulled on them,  If people want to be a low life or act like one put up with the consequents.

Offline evans52

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2014, 08:51:05 PM »
With a head of hair like that he's lucky he doesn't get stopped while he's on foot!

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2014, 05:41:16 AM »

Read the article , bloke looks like a wanna be prospect ! I've got no dramas with turkeys like this being targeted.

Disco teddy

Re-read the article. The bloke is clearly a PATCHED member of a SOCIAL motorcycle club. Same thing as a FINANCIAL member of a social 4x4 club, a social fishing club, a social chess club.

Yes, that particular guy seems to be a right twat. So ? Why should he be targeted? Because he's a twat? Because he wears leather and not lycra? Because the bike he rides is made from steel and not carbon fibre? Is his dress code enough reason alone for him to be targeted and harrassed? Clearly by previous comments, this seems to be of some peoples opinion ???

Look at my user name. The ONLY shorts I own are footy shorts. The next time there's a fooball player in the news, please don't associate me with them. I'm not a footbaler, don't follow or support football. Personally I think it's a stupid game.

Please don't wish the same harrasment upon me, based on my dress code, the vehicle I drive and any membership I may hold with a legal social club.

Stop watching Sons of Anarchy people. That **** aint real.

Shane.

(Can't wait for the VLAD laws to hit the electrical section..........  Electricians, bikies, you're all the bloody same now, apparently   ;D )
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:16:41 AM by Footy Shorts Shane »
With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2014, 06:55:55 AM »
Re-read the article. The bloke is clearly a PATCHED member of a SOCIAL motorcycle club. Same thing as a FINANCIAL member of a social 4x4 club, a social fishing club, a social chess club.

Yes, that particular guy seems to be a right twat. So ? Why should he be targeted? Because he's a twat? Because he wears leather and not lycra? Because the bike he rides is made from steel and not carbon fibre? Is his dress code enough reason alone for him to be targeted and harrassed? Clearly by previous comments, this seems to be of some peoples opinion ???

Look at my user name. The ONLY shorts I own are footy shorts. The next time there's a fooball player in the news, please don't associate me with them. I'm not a footbaler, don't follow or support football. Personally I think it's a stupid game.

Please don't wish the same harrasment upon me, based on my dress code, the vehicle I drive and any membership I may hold with a legal social club.

Stop watching Sons of Anarchy people. That **** aint real.

Shane.

(Can't wait for the VLAD laws to hit the electrical section..........  Electricians, bikies, you're all the bloody same now, apparently   ;D )

No need to re read mate, I've had a little bit to do with OLMC clubs in the past so know a little bit about their structure. (Purely as a part of my employment) it's pretty funny but in twenty years I've never run into a member of a fishing or four wheel drive social club member at a OLMC club house social function, plenty of the social motorcycle clubs do though, some have closer relationships then you think! Just my option mate but if you hang with these blokes you accept their behaviour!

And I don't mind a good pair of footy shorty either  :angel:

Cheers

Disco teddy
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:01:29 AM by discoteddy »
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2014, 11:04:20 AM »
People have seem to have forgotten it is things like this  http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/another-bikie-brawl-on-gold-coast-as-rivals-clash-at-smoothie-shack-at-nobbys-beach-gold-coast/story-fnihsrf2-1226730295951 that brought about the new laws in qld that allow Police to target memebers of OMCGs and other organised crime gangs/groups.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »
What else did he expect?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/department-of-transport-says-douglas-gaylards-mongols-numberplate-indecent/story-fnihsrf2-1226801568545

A chicken takeaway owner who invested in personalised plates named after a notorious outlaw motorcycle gang has been ordered by the State Government to return the plates after he was told they were "indecent".
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2014, 08:51:56 PM »
So you don’t think the judges are still out of touch.  As reported today, one of the so called Yandina 5 was released on bail.  He is still awaiting trial on drug trafficking charges, has a criminal history including found with a loaded concealable weapon in his car. The judge in part said, ‘there was not a risk he would fail to appear at his next court date despite expressing concerns about the possibility of reoffending.  Justice Byrne said with the trial only 10 weeks away he believed this was insufficient time from Carew to offend.’
So the judge thinks there is a change he could reoffend, but 10 weeks is not long enough for him to offend. What the!  So how long does it take to commit a crime?   ???     Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2014, 08:56:24 PM »
So you don’t think the judges are still out of touch.  As reported today, one of the so called Yandina 5 was released on bail.  He is still awaiting trial on drug trafficking charges, has a criminal history including found with a loaded concealable weapon in his car. The judge in part said, ‘there was not a risk he would fail to appear at his next court date despite expressing concerns about the possibility of reoffending.  Justice Byrne said with the trial only 10 weeks away he believed this was insufficient time from Carew to offend.’
So the judge thinks there is a change he could reoffend, but 10 weeks is not long enough for him to offend. What the!  So how long does it take to commit a crime?   ???     Kevin

Yep. Judges have a lot to answer for. They are just out of touch with Mr and Mrs average.

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »
  So how long does it take to commit a crime?

11 weeks...  ;D

Offline evans52

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »
The problem, from a legal perspective as I understand it, is a precedent set in the past for crimes. They can go back as far as the 60's and 70's maybe earlier. So the way I see it, Judges and Magistrates need to spend a week or two Camping along the Canning Stock Route, discussing around the fire over a few Amber Ales or Reds about how to start handing out tougher sentences together, at the same time and within a certain time frame, therefore setting a new precedent for various types of sentences.

However, there's more chance of me leaving The Bride, taking the Patrol and Camper and doing the Canning Stock Route with her Best friend.

Offline sandman

• Tent User
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2014, 09:47:34 PM »
I normally don't get involved in these discussions but this article shows just how far from reality some of the current Qld MP's are. What a w@nk3r

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/proposal-people-tattoos-go-police-register/1855284/

Offline jaycamrie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2014, 04:39:03 AM »
Every man, women and there dogs have tattoos these days

be a big register

Offline Davepatrol

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 4.2 Patrol with a lot of extras
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2014, 07:43:39 AM »
Every man, women and there dogs have tattoos these days.

And half the police force

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2014, 10:19:18 AM »
After reading several articles on what he said, I think he had the right general idea, however his brain did not keep up with his mouth.  Which is interesting when I am sure he had given his idea some thought.  But he is a politician, not saying they all like that, but they love making headlines. I am sure, well I hope, that he has seen what a stupid statement he made.
I made the mistake of having a general dig at a female because of a tattoo of a male’s name on her upper arm. She then told me it was the name of her 4 year old son who drowned some years back.  Talk about feeling like digging a hole and climbing into it. What a DH I was.  :-[  Kevin 
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.