Author Topic: Carbon Tax  (Read 26879 times)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Carbon Tax
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
I actually thought you were serious, until I read point 1. If you were serious point 1 would have read.

I voted Labor because I love the fact that I can now marry whomsoever and whatever I want. I've decided to marry my Jeep :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

efjay

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2012, 01:21:35 PM »
I actually thought you were serious, until I read point 1. If you were serious point 1 would have read.

I voted Labor because I love the fact that I can now marry whomsoever and whatever I want. I've decided to marry my Jeep :)
But bigamy is still illegal mate....and the mrs would do a bobbit on me lol

Offline cucinadio

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »
When your family, friends or associates cannot explain why they voted Labor, give them this list. Then they can then pick a reason from this "TOP 12".

1. I voted Labor because I love the fact that I can now marry whomsoever and whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd dog.

2. I voted Labor because I believe the oil companies' profits of 4% on petrol is obscene, but the government taxing the same fuel at 35% isn't. The double whammy of 10% GST after that is only fair. The Government must have the money for welfare and anything to stop the use of motor vehicles is laudable.

3. I voted Labor because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would. The Carbon Tax, pink bats in every roof (to save the world), the Education revolution, the NBN, money to the IMF and the EU, helping unfortunate Islamic refugees (who always have no papers or passports) into the privileges of the Australian welfare system, running a fair Justice system (without favour) and giving the Trade Unions a fair go - against rich, foreign owned, greedy and domineering Companies. These are all sound policies to redistribute wealth fairly and empower those not yet on full entitlements.

4. I voted Labor because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it. Political correctness must overcome the racists who dislike illegal immigrants, angry mobs, global warming deniers and other right wing extremists.

5. I voted Labor because I'm way too silly and irresponsible to own a gun, (and certainly not allowed by Australian law), and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers, thugs and thieves.

6. I voted Labor because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius. I believe that it will never rain properly again, that Global warming will kill us all unless we stop using fossil fuels. I am terrified of the prospect of the sea levels being 30 metres higher in 20 years. Tim Flannery is my idea of a new generation man. Always accurate and honest -- just like our PM.

7. I voted Labor because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all convicted criminals alive.

8. I voted Labor because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and social security benefits, and we should take the social security away from those who have spent a lifetime paying into it.

9. I voted Labor because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Greens see fit.

10. I voted Labor because I believe Left Wing and Green judges need to rewrite the Australian Constitution and regulatory law books every few days to suit some fringe weirdos who would never be able to get their agendas past the voters.

11. I voted Labor because I think that it's better to pay billions for oil and petrol to people who really hate us, but not to drill more of our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, turtle or fish.

12. I voted Labor because my head is so firmly planted up my rear end that it is totally unlikely that I will ever be able to entertain another point of view

Mate, you forgot one, "I voted Labour because i don't drink TEA "!....  :o :o ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:24:10 PM by cucinadio »
My 130 HCPU camper build - (now sold) http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=6733.msg240757#msg240757

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2012, 02:15:31 PM »
38% are sick of paying for it

Aussie Battler. What does that even mean anymore?

I must be part of that 38% ... no kids, single, paying off a mortgage, I own my 1/2 of a camper trailer and I own my car ... I don't owe anyone anything ... except the bank for my house.  I receive no suplimentary income from any government department or anywhere else, and haven't done so since I got my first full time job. It's taken me well over 25 hard working years to get where I am today and I'm proud of myself.  I make do with what I have and I do it hard sometimes.  Have done so all my life.  Just how I was bought up I guess.  I haven't gone and gotten myself pregnant with a few kids to live off the hard working benefits of anyone else.  I simply could never afford them, so went without.   

This carbon "whatever" is going to make it that much harder for me ... that's what I think.

As for the term Aussie Battler ... I think it refers to days gone by.  Days when it wasn't so easy to make ends meet and you were more willing to be responsible for yourself, your family and even your neighbours ... when the government wasn't so willing to give hand outs left, right and center ...

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline cucinadio

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »
I must be part of that 38% ... no kids, single, paying off a mortgage, I own my 1/2 of a camper trailer and I own my car ... I don't owe anyone anything ... except the bank for my house.  I receive no suplimentary income from any government department or anywhere else, and haven't done so since I got my first full time job. It's taken me well over 25 hard working years to get where I am today and I'm proud of myself.  I make do with what I have and I do it hard sometimes.  Have done so all my life.  Just how I was bought up I guess.  I haven't gone and gotten myself pregnant with a few kids to live off the hard working benefits of anyone else.  I simply could never afford them, so went without.   

This carbon "whatever" is going to make it that much harder for me ... that's what I think.

As for the term Aussie Battler ... I think it refers to days gone by.  Days when it wasn't so easy to make ends meet and you were more willing to be responsible for yourself, your family and even your neighbours ... when the government wasn't so willing to give hand outs left, right and center ...

Kit_e

No Hecs loans Kit_e?... 
My 130 HCPU camper build - (now sold) http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=6733.msg240757#msg240757

efjay

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »

This is the best thing to come, LIEbor and the greens will be smashed at the next election.

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2012, 03:31:15 PM »

Mate, you forgot one, "I voted Labour because i don't drink TEA "!....  :o
 :o ;D

Come on, I think you are being way to harsh on Labor. Name one thing that they have stuffed up since coming in government? Better still to save time, is there one thing they haven't stuffed up?

Also, I might add, we had the watershed 2020 Summit - millions of dollars spent to give us an extra cartoon channel on the ABC.

Paul

2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB

Offline cucinadio

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2012, 03:35:26 PM »
Come on, I think you are being way to harsh on Labor. Name one thing that they have stuffed up since coming in government? Better still to save time, is there one thing they haven't stuffed up?

Also, I might add, we had the watershed 2020 Summit - millions of dollars spent to give us an extra cartoon channel on the ABC.

Paul

Paul, I'm to sure if that one went over your head, or your a very clever man ..lol... :cheers:

Offline Mrs smith

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2012, 03:52:32 PM »
If joolia wanted to be remembered for doing some good,  she should have introduce an IQ test
before your allowed to vote.

Offline ozbogwam

• Soft Floor Camper User
Carbon Tax
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »
When your family, friends or associates cannot explain why they voted Labor, give them this list. Then they can then pick a reason from this "TOP 12".

1. I voted Labor because I love the fact that I can now marry whomsoever and whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd dog.

2. I voted Labor because I believe the oil companies' profits of 4% on petrol is obscene, but the government taxing the same fuel at 35% isn't. The double whammy of 10% GST after that is only fair. The Government must have the money for welfare and anything to stop the use of motor vehicles is laudable.

3. I voted Labor because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would. The Carbon Tax, pink bats in every roof (to save the world), the Education revolution, the NBN, money to the IMF and the EU, helping unfortunate Islamic refugees (who always have no papers or passports) into the privileges of the Australian welfare system, running a fair Justice system (without favour) and giving the Trade Unions a fair go - against rich, foreign owned, greedy and domineering Companies. These are all sound policies to redistribute wealth fairly and empower those not yet on full entitlements.

4. I voted Labor because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it. Political correctness must overcome the racists who dislike illegal immigrants, angry mobs, global warming deniers and other right wing extremists.

5. I voted Labor because I'm way too silly and irresponsible to own a gun, (and certainly not allowed by Australian law), and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers, thugs and thieves.

6. I voted Labor because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius. I believe that it will never rain properly again, that Global warming will kill us all unless we stop using fossil fuels. I am terrified of the prospect of the sea levels being 30 metres higher in 20 years. Tim Flannery is my idea of a new generation man. Always accurate and honest -- just like our PM.

7. I voted Labor because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all convicted criminals alive.

8. I voted Labor because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and social security benefits, and we should take the social security away from those who have spent a lifetime paying into it.

9. I voted Labor because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Greens see fit.

10. I voted Labor because I believe Left Wing and Green judges need to rewrite the Australian Constitution and regulatory law books every few days to suit some fringe weirdos who would never be able to get their agendas past the voters.

11. I voted Labor because I think that it's better to pay billions for oil and petrol to people who really hate us, but not to drill more of our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, turtle or fish.

12. I voted Labor because my head is so firmly planted up my rear end that it is totally unlikely that I will ever be able to entertain another point of view

So from that we can then deduce if you vote Liberal you get emails of originally American sourced chain emails and think they are true.

Offline Trackaprado

• Tent User
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2012, 05:19:45 PM »
looking at my latest gas bill I caused 200kg of carbon to be emitted, my electricity usage caused 922kg.  Over a year thats about 4.5 tonnes of carbon that I caused to be emitted.  At $23 a tonne, assuming the cost will be passed straight onto me thats an extra $103 a year straight up.  Luckily there are only the three of us at home and not big energy users.  My assistance package $0

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline NewcastleKnight

• Hard Top Camper User
Carbon Tax
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2012, 06:02:39 PM »
This thread reminds me of the John Laws Show or Allan Jones talk back or even Jerry Spinger.  Uninformed and ill-informed opinion along with a few generalisations and the odd sweeping statement make for some very scary reading. 

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2012, 07:12:37 PM »

No Hecs loans Kit_e?...

Nope.  I pay my own way  ;D

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline cucinadio

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2012, 07:13:54 PM »

Offline schmik

• Tent User
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »
This thread reminds me of the John Laws Show or Allan Jones talk back or even Jerry Spinger.  Uninformed and ill-informed opinion along with a few generalisations and the odd sweeping statement make for some very scary reading.

Scary!?!?  Scary is a 70% increase in electricity costs on the last 5 years. And another 20% as of carbon tax day. Let's generalise it to 90% over 6 years. Wages over the last TEN years 58%.   

Rents and Mortgages. OUCH!

The fact is that the LAST thing our economy and OUR PEOPLE need is more increases in the cost of living.

Kit_e... if you take a way the three $63 dollar cheques that the govt provided for having kids then I am part of the 38% too.

Offline NewcastleKnight

• Hard Top Camper User
Carbon Tax
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »
Scary!?!?  Scary is a 70% increase in electricity costs on the last 5 years. And another 20% as of carbon tax day. Let's generalise it to 90% over 6 years. Wages over the last TEN years 58%.   

Rents and Mortgages. OUCH!

The fact is that the LAST thing our economy and OUR PEOPLE need is more increases in the cost of living.

Kit_e... if you take a way the three $63 dollar cheques that the govt provided for having kids then I am part of the 38% too.

Yawnnnnn

efjay

« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2012, 08:00:34 PM »
Yawnnnnn

Thats why this country is going to crap....

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
Carbon Tax
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2012, 08:02:09 PM »
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
Carbon Tax
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline schmik

• Tent User
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2012, 08:07:50 PM »
Yawnnnnn

If it is that boring then don't read and post useless replies. i.e. Stop trolling.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2012, 08:08:54 PM »
If it is that boring then don't read and post useless replies. i.e. Stop trolling.

That accounts for 80% of the posts in this thread :)

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Wandering Tassie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2012, 08:12:21 PM »

Regardless of the carbon tax facts, Julia lied to us all, or am I uniformed on this as well.

Trevor

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
Joolia wanted to be PM that bad she got into bed with greens to secure her minority govt.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/election2010/7945914/pm-says-no-carbon-tax-under-her-govt

Mon Aug 16 2010

Prime Minister Julia Gillard has said there will not be a tax on carbon while she leads the federal government.

Deputy Prime Minister Wayne Swan last week said if Labor won the August 21 poll, there would not be a carbon tax during its next three years in power.

Ms Gillard seemed to go a step further on Monday.

"There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead," she told Network Ten.

"What we will do is we will tackle the challenge of climate change."

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline NewcastleKnight

• Hard Top Camper User
Carbon Tax
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2012, 08:18:33 PM »
Is that you Greg combet?

Yes, of course it is because if you don't want to join in with the crowd you must be from the "other side", I was waiting for the assumptions to come up, the ldt missing piece.

I could write you a novel whining about the injustices of the world and the injustices that governments of all persuasions have done, since governments were born.  The fact that Turnbull as opposition leader was ready to sign off on this tax prior to being rolled but now stands there telling us it's no good.  My personal journey of having my wages eaten away by greedy corporates and governments and on and on I could go and be accused of being a "red", a labor sympathiser or perhaps a red neck but the I would fit in.

But in the morning the sun will rise and life will continue and like so many of us we will suck it up and do what we have to and lie will go on.

Like I said I have already betrayed myself by commenting on this thread, I'm going back to my beer, my food and my trip planning before the commis take it away....