Author Topic: Carbon Tax  (Read 26878 times)

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
Carbon Tax
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »
Well as of 10hrs 35Min ago (EST), we now have a carbon tax.

I'm wondering if any one can see the sky clearer now?

or does the air coming into your lunges feel cleaner??

;D ;D
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Carbon Tax
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:00:21 AM »
There was a great cartoon in the Saturday Advertiser yesterday saying:

We're all going to freeze to death because of global warming (as we can't afford to turn on the heaters).

Offline rooscoota

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
Well as of 10hrs 35Min ago (EST), we now have a carbon tax.

I'm wondering if any one can see the sky clearer now?

looks pretty crap overhead here, didnt do jack s#*t.

Offline Maîneÿ . . .

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Watch videos below
    • S0LAR power charging videos
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 12:13:45 PM »
I personally believe it is a total waste of time and OUR money  >:D

when we have to pay big $$ for the small amount of carbon we put into the air when compared to China, or any other manufacturing country, we will loose more manufacturing to overseas countries simply because the local  prices will escalate beyond our ability to buy the item.

Local manufacturers have to pay the CARBON TAX on every part and component they buy, as part of the production cost of the item, and then as a CARBON TAX they have to pay. That increased cost adds to the GST we already pay now, so the price will be noticeable and and we will have to IMPORT everything we need that is produced.
So in the long term we will have next to NO MANUFACTURING done here in Australia, and all the 'boat people' will want to go to America because they will not be able to afford to live here in Australia.
Thinking about that the Government will then have to give them much more money than our pensioners get 
Woops, rethink that, the 'boaties' get MORE $$$ than any Australian citizen does right now>:D

as I say just my opinion, based on the facts as I understand them
if you believe the Aussie pensioner gets more $$ than a 'boatie' tell me I'm wrong, but also explain why I'm wrong  ;D

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 12:27:39 PM »
I just had 2 ton of red gum dropped off for the coonara and open fireplace... am I to blame?

Offline Crimso

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 12:30:08 PM »
I personally believe it is a total waste of time and OUR money  >:D

when we have to pay big $$ for the small amount of carbon we put into the air when compared to China, or any other manufacturing country, we will loose more manufacturing to overseas countries simply because the local  prices will escalate beyond our ability to buy the item.

Local manufacturers have to pay the CARBON TAX on every part and component they buy, as part of the production cost of the item, and then as a CARBON TAX they have to pay. That increased cost adds to the GST we already pay now, so the price will be noticeable and and we will have to IMPORT everything we need that is produced.
So in the long term we will have next to NO MANUFACTURING done here in Australia, and all the 'boat people' will want to go to America because they will not be able to afford to live here in Australia.
Thinking about that the Government will then have to give them much more money than our pensioners get 
Woops, rethink that, the 'boaties' get MORE $$$ than any Australian citizen does right now>:D

as I say just my opinion, based on the facts as I understand them
if you believe the Aussie pensioner gets more $$ than a 'boatie' tell me I'm wrong, but also explain why I'm wrong  ;D

OK

http://www.kochie.com.au/the-real-benefits-for-asylum-seekers-in-australia

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/98services.htm

Took about ten seconds to find, there is a lot more true info out there if you are interested.
http://www.myswag.org/gallery/d/19406-2/Burrum+Camp.jpg

Offline Swaggie

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »
A little off topic

Was watching ABC this morning and they were saying over the next three years they will bring in about 13 plus Billion on the Miners Resource Rent Tax....

Oh well that should cover all the illegal queue jumping boat peoples expenses and the cost of our resources rescuing them...

While there kicking out pensioners from homes (public housing) there been in for 50 years plus so they can home these queue jumpers...

time

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 12:39:22 PM »
Too many people fooled by MrRabbit and the Alan Jones of this world I think, you will not pay a carbon tax.. 

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CARBON TAX.

What has been introduced is a price on carbon dioxide, produced by something less than 500 companies.  Their costs may/will filter down through the products/services they produce but will not result in the world ending today or any time in the foreseeable future. 

Any business that has costs that can be attributed to carbon pricing can pass those costs on.  Any business that tries to rip you and me of by jacking their prices, and blaming a a non exist "Carbon Tax", when those rises cannot be directly attributed to carbon pricing will justifiably be sat upon from a great height.

Costs for the average house hold will be less than the value of the compo being paid to most households, i.e. $10.10 per week.

Why has carbon pricing been introduced - to give an incentive to high carbon producers to lower the amount of carbon emissions they produce and therefore reduce the amount THEY need to pay.  The end result being greater investment in "clean" energy and for your grand kids a better world I hope.   

.............. and no I'm not a tree hugging greenie or mad Labor supporter.  I have however, taken some time to inform myself and not just swallowed the tripe pedaled by those with a vested interest. 

I have my flame suit on  ;D

Offline Swaggie

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 12:41:53 PM »
Who cares mate as long as your warm...Chinas the worry
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:04:20 PM by Swaggie »

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 12:49:09 PM »
Any business that has costs that can be attributed to carbon pricing can pass those costs on.  Any business that tries to rip you and me of by jacking their prices, and blaming a a non exist "Carbon Tax", when those rises cannot be directly attributed to carbon pricing will justifiably be sat upon from a great height.

Most of the electricity in this country is generated by burning coal. Therefore any business that uses electricity will be impacted. Therefore they can increase prices to cover the increase in their energy spend to maintain their profit magins. Welcome to reality.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Trackaprado

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 01:25:58 PM »

Costs for the average house hold will be less than the value of the compo being paid to most households, i.e. $10.10 per week.

Yeh and

Offline Mrs smith

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 02:11:40 PM »

Why has carbon pricing been introduced - to give an incentive to high carbon producers to lower the amount of carbon emissions they produce and therefore reduce the amount THEY need to pay.  The end result being greater investment in "clean" energy and for your grand kids a better world I hope.   

.............. and no I'm not a tree hugging greenie or mad Labor supporter.  I have however, taken some time to inform myself and not just swallowed the tripe pedaled by those with a vested interest. 

I have my flame suit on  ;D

$10.10 per week, will come in real handy next time some pensioner needs there aircon regassed.

All this tax will do is give some third world country an incentive to throw a few more tyres
on the fire to melt down some secondhand iron (probably a KIA or Daweoo) to sell back to us at an inflated price and we'll still get to breath the same polluted air.

Offline Paul Mac

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Bolwell Edge
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 02:32:32 PM »
I just hope everyone remembers at the next election Ms Gillard distinctly stating prior to the last election that a carbon emissions scheme would NOT be introduced in this next term of government.

If it looks like a tax, smells like a tax then I guess we can safely assume it is a tax.

So far as companies hiking up prices unnecessarily and the gov't protecting us from said price hikes........since when has the gov't grown teeth. If they are referring to consumer affairs or the watchdogs.........they will always be the same.....good lip service but don't expect any real action to transpire. I could be wrong because they are always on the consumers side when it comes to action against the petrol companies aren't they.

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Offline Big Nath

• Hard Floor Camper User
Carbon Tax
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »
Ok I have another tricky one. I'm about to cook a roast. Now the roast was packet pre carbon tax. So do I now eat less or more?
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline Paul Mac

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Bolwell Edge
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 02:57:39 PM »
Definately less. There is a work around though. If you can cook it with green energy then you are permitted to eat all but the bone. :cheers:

efjay

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »
Some simple facts for those silly enough to believe in the co2 lie.
The IPCC and UEA ( the climate people responsible for all this) have been caught out lying, fudging the data and engaging in political activism.  See the USA senate report on the issue.  Also see the senate grilling al gore over his lies in the movie he made.
There is no OBSERVED proof that co2 is the cause of "global warming" only computer models of such.  Models that only spit out data withing the parameters of the data being put in.  See nasa pulling back from climate stance...
The worlds temp has risen by 0.7 deg C over the last 150 years BUT there is a downward trend being observed currently
The worldwide push by greenies and leftists towards co2 taxes has more to do with wealth redistribution than anything else.

When you stop believing in the greens fairytale and educate yourself things become clearer.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:09:10 PM by efjay »

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 03:53:28 PM »

I don't know about everyone else, but I believe we will now pay more for everything, just like we do every year.  Instead of calling it CPI as they usually do, they'll call it Carbon Tax, perhaps adding a percent or two for the extra letters in the words Carbon Tax as it will take more space on the A4 paper and ink to print the words Carbon Tax.

I highly doubt they will increase my wage by this same percentage this year.  Haven't done so to date and I'm not holding my breath that they will suddenly become more employee conscious.

Any way you look at it ... I truely believe it's just another way for the Government to "appear to be doing something" without actually doing anything.  They are so very good at it ... why change now?

Kit_e

2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Wandering Tassie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 05:11:14 PM »
For those that think companies won't rip us of, and the Gov. will come down on them, explain this.
Our power costs in Tassie have just gone up 7% to cover the carbon tax, most of our power is generated through hydro so they will actually get carbon credits but we get slugged with a tax.
How does this work.
The Spirit of Tasmania has put a carbon levy on every car.
This is only the beggining, anyone who thinks they are going to be better of or not effected live in a different world to me.

Trevor

Offline rotare

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »
The IPCC and UEA ( the climate people responsible for all this) have been caught out lying, fudging the data and engaging in political activism. 

If you're referring to "climategate" and the debacle about the stolen emails:

Eight committees investigated the allegations and published reports, finding no evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct. The Muir Russell report stated, however, "We do find that there has been a consistent pattern of failing to display the proper degree of openness, both on the part of CRU scientists and on the part of the UEA.  The scientific consensus that global warming is occurring as a result of human activity remained unchanged at the end of the investigations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy

Also see the senate grilling al gore over his lies in the movie he made.

While there are minor errors in An Inconvenient Truth, the main truths presented - evidence to show mankind is causing global warming and its various impacts is consistent with peer reviewed science. The judge that sat on this case (Justice Barton) said the film was "broadly accurate" in its presentation of climate change.  Watch the movie and you will probably realise it's not as evil as it's made out to be.

There is no OBSERVED proof that co2 is the cause of "global warming" only computer models of such

It's well accepted by climate scientists that CO2 causes global warming - a lot of the more vocal "denialist "agree on this also.  The argument now is more about climate "sensitivity", or in simple terms, how much CO2 is too much, and what exactly will be the ramifications.

The worlds temp has risen by 0.7 deg C over the last 150 years BUT there is a downward trend being observed currently

Which means exactly what?..... The fact that in the past 150 years the global temperature has risen at a rate faster than in any other time in the earths history must mean something.  Just because there is a cooling trend for a couple of years, it doesn't mean you dismiss the last 148 years!  Yes, the average global temperature fuctuates year by year, but the long term trend is that it's heating, and will continue heating.  You need to look at all the available data and make an informed decision, not just look at a few years.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:15:45 PM by rotare »

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 05:16:04 PM »

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline fok

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 05:38:53 PM »
The only reason we have a carbon tax is because gillard needed the greens to form a government,she could not care about the enviroment only about being pm of this country she's stuffing.Bob Brown quit as he knows the backlash is going to kill both labor & the greens.
2006 Nissan Navara D40
2012 Lifestyle Extenda

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 05:41:39 PM »
The only reason we have a carbon tax is because gillard needed the greens to form a government,she could not care about the enviroment only about being pm of this country she's stuffing.Bob Brown quit as he knows the backlash is going to kill both labor & the greens.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Jon

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Bringing rain to every campsite
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 05:52:08 PM »
The only factual post in this thread.

Now back to the uninformed speculation please.
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Offline Big Nath

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »
The only factual post in this thread.

Now back to the uninformed speculation please.

No, no. my roast comment was also factual. :-)

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
Carbon Tax
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »
Well, whether CC is real or not, I can just about guarantee that the liberals will not repeal the tax.

A government will rarely, if ever, give up tax revenue.

Also imagine the backlash from your general, tranked out, braindead voter when the realisation is there that the removal of the tax will also mean the cessation of the "helping" payments to them.

Watch labor play on that little gem.
You can't spell 'funeral' without 'fun', nor 'manslaughter' without 'laughter'