Author Topic: Ezytrail parts  (Read 3524 times)

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Ezytrail parts
« on: April 13, 2018, 07:20:54 AM »
I have an Ezytrail hard floor camper to get by until The World's Slowest Build is finished. A few months ago, the handbrake let go when I nudged it a bit harder than usual while I was hitching it up. It jumped its chocks and sailed down the hill into my neighbour's brand new and very beautiful Alpha Romeo. I realise now that I should have put the chains on before hitching it on a slope.

My insurance looked after the neighbour's car and we are all still friends. But there was minor damage to the wheel carrier on the camper which I fixed myself. I noticed that they had put the spare on at the factory with only one lug nut. It was covered by a canvas rubbish bag and I hadn't noticed.

So I called the Sydney Ezytrail office to get another one and guess what? They do not carry any spares of any kind at all. Picked one up at the local tyre place.

Fixed the brakes as well. The electrics had always worked fine, but the  shoes were out of adjustment and the handbrake cable had stretched. In a few months time, if anyone wants a cheap Ezytrail please let me know. But you'll be on your own for spares.
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Ezytrail parts
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 07:28:24 AM »
Why didn't you get the camper fixed under the same insurance claim?

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 08:38:18 AM »
The damage to the camper was too minor to bother with. The spare tyre soaked the impact and just bent the bracket a little.  A bit of heat and a bash with a hammer fixed it.
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »
Called Ezytrail again yesterday to get a pair of main gas struts and some replacement trailing arm bushes. My model was discontinued last year and they carry no spares of any kind. He was sympathetic and offered to order them for me from China but said they would take 12 weeks. Ordered struts at Struts Online and I'll go to a parts joint to see if they can match the bushes.
Isn't there some kind of law that says vehicle manufacturers (and a camper trailer is a vehicle under the Road Transport Act) have to carry parts for a certain length of time?

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 02:02:08 PM »
A "Reasonable Time"....

https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/mv_standards_act/files/Sub212c_Consumer_guarantees_guide.pdf

P17.

In America I think its 10 years for cars.

:cheers:
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 04:41:01 PM »
Thanks heaps for that Mace. I just sent this off to Ezytrail. I won't hold my breath for a reply.

I have an Ezytrail Eden LX purchased in Sydney late in 2014. This week I tried to order some spare trailing arm bushes and a pair of main gas struts. I was advised that, even though this model was discontinued only last year, spares are not available unless I was prepared to wait at least 12 weeks while they came from China.
Here’s what Page 17 of the consumer regulations says:
https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/mv_standards_act/files/Sub212c_Consumer_guarantees_guide.pdf

Repairs and spare parts
Manufacturers or importers guarantee they will take reasonable steps to provide spare parts and repair facilities (a place that can fix the consumer’s goods), for a reasonable time after purchase. For example: > A consumer drops his digital camera, which he bought new a year ago for $2000. He contacts the importer and asks where he can get it repaired.
The importer advises they no longer supply parts for that model of camera. A reasonable consumer would expect a one year-old camera to be repairable. The manufacturer has not taken reasonable steps to provide spare parts or facilities, so the importer must provide a remedy.
How much time is ‘reasonable’? This will depend on the type of goods. For instance:
> it would be reasonable to expect that tyres for a new car will be available for many years after its purchase
> it may not be reasonable to expect that spare parts for an inexpensive children’s toy are available at all.

Yours faithfully

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 04:58:22 PM »
I f you have the  bush or bushes out, go to a  suspension place IE: Fulcrum / pedders / etc etc see if they can measure / match  them up with a Known brand : Toyota / Nissan etc suspension bush .. Surely they wouldnt have made their own bushes to suit .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User