Author Topic: Cub temperatures  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Babion

• Learning the Ropes
Cub temperatures
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:08:14 PM »
We are new cub camper trailers and have been surprised at how cold it gets inside at night! Is this just a feature of canvas? Any suggestions to help us would be appreciated.
Thanks
2+dog

Offline coffs camping

• Tent User
  • We are three - Mum, Ms.15 and Mr.9
Re: Cub temperatures
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 12:40:34 AM »
Hi there,

I have a cub too. I have found it's cold in summer and hot in winter but no different to being under canvas in any other tent or camper.

I admit to using a heater if I have power, which isn't often, otherwise I get under another cover if I can (eg the big farm shed on a the property we go to). Other than that, another layer and another bevvie!

See you out there!

J
Love weekend camping whenever we can in our 2002 Cub Spacematic (Transcontinental Pack) with the 80series LC. See you out there!! J

Offline LB

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:48:17 AM »
I know a lot of people use sheets and doona's but I will not camp without my sleeping bag. Have always had a queen size and even when it went to -5 one night we were nice and toasty.

LB
2017 BT-50 GT
Kimberley Kamper Platinum 2013

Offline Babion

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:08:52 PM »
Thanks for your input guys. It's the temperature in the tent section that seems to feel icy, much colder than it actually is outside! In bed it was okay under the Donna but the air inside the tent was pretty cold. And it was end of Sept. in SE Qld. About to go away again so we will see how bad it is this time!
Thanks again.
2+dog

Offline Trex_s4m1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • need more toys! :D
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »
keep the tent slightly open during the warmth of the day and close it up shortly before sundown. and reverse in summer.
i do that in the house and it works a treat.

Offline Eski

• Tent User
  • Practising Grey Nomad
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 08:34:46 PM »
I has reduced the extreme temperatures in my Cub a bit by using an Air Cell roof cover....

Air Cell is like bubble wrap with silver foil both sides.   Extremely light and great thermal ability...

This is what I have used as I had some left over from the shed...

http://insulationessentials.com.au/store/product.php?id_product=150

:cup:

Kym
2022 Isuzu MU-X & Cheetah X-Country