Author Topic: Hi, from Lake Macquarie  (Read 4263 times)

Offline ARRTOO

• Learning the Ropes
Hi, from Lake Macquarie
« on: February 25, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Damien, 34 yrs old. Wife and 3 children (girl 8 - boy 5 - girl 18months)
I found the site, while looking for something.!?-f   ??? forget what actually-  and had a good time reading all that seemed relevent to me at a glance. ;D

wife and i have been together since 1996 (high school sweet hearts -some would say  :-*)
and have enjoyed camping  form the day we could get out and about in our own cars.

we got pretty serious about canvas tents and campers when camping at Nuggets Crossing (near Jindabyne) and the wind snapped out tent pole and peirced the tent. pefect time to upgrade and over the last 10yrs have done so until CT 3yrs ago.

i won't bore too much with details of camper, its soft floor, tows well behind both vehicles, and is a very blank canvas (pun not intended) for us to build on 

i had doubts about joining, its a camper that many seem to, well, doesnt matter.

it's mine and we do enjoy it - that is really what matters

sigh, ok its a Marios- there- haha.......got it off my chest  :D

anyway, hope i can contribute somehow. i know ill learn alot even if its just more spots to go.

not sure if its ok to post a few pics in here or somwhere else, we just got back from Jimboomba in QLD, then to cousins place at Valery in Coffs Harbour then onto Mungo brush in Hawkes Nest then home at Fassifern, Lake Macquarie in 10 days.

a week later went to Bonny Hills in Port Macquarie area
in April heading to Upper Tooloom QLD for a week or so.

sorry for long rant, just getting my excitement out of the way

Cheers Damo
Totally lost,,,,,But making great time

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Hi, from Lake Macquarie
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 07:48:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum. You get around a bit. I assume you mean upper tooloom, northern nsw?  Nice area.

Enjoy the forum
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:34:28 PM »
Welcome aboard mate great to have your company here. It's a bit like that, I remember the first time on here I was looking something up and I'm still trapped on here ;D

:worthles:
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

scarps

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »
Welcome Damo and co, great to have you onboard. Which part of Lake Macq you from?

KingBilly

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »
Welcome to myswag.  Hang on and enjoy the ride  ;D

Happy camping
KB

Offline kenny

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »
Welcome Damo start up a new post in the Trips, Tracks, Touring and Reports  and put up lots of picks i love photos as do a lot of others on here.. :cheers:

Regards Ken

Offline Rob C

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • North Coast Campers
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 06:47:58 AM »
Welcome Damo & Family,

Sounds like you have a great set up and are out there enjoying it.
Have fun on the site as we all do. It can be a bit addictive.

Rob
Nissan Patrol Y62-2023 & North Coast Camper XLT

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 10:31:02 AM »
Welcome to The Show Damo,

Great part of the world you live in & great that you are enjoying the great outdoors. How did you find Mungo? We checked it out but it seemed a bit crowded but that could have been all the BOLLARDS ??? ???

Regards

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline ARRTOO

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 11:20:11 AM »
thank you all for the pleasant welcome.

Welcome to the forum. You get around a bit. I assume you mean upper tooloom, northern nsw?  Nice area.

Enjoy the forum

thanks oldmate yeah its the first time ive spent more then 2 nights in it due to work. it was nice to have a break for a change and used it well i thought ..and i apologise, you are correct, northern NSW, very close to border near Kyogle i wasnt thinking haha

Welcome aboard mate great to have your company here. It's a bit like that, I remember the first time on here I was looking something up and I'm still trapped on here ;D

:worthles:

Black Diamond, i will admit best time ive ever had getting lost (on computer, haha)

Welcome Damo and co, great to have you onboard. Which part of Lake Macq you from?

Hi scarps, fassifern and your cameron park or mannering park? yes?

Welcome to myswag.  Hang on and enjoy the ride  ;D

Happy camping
KB

thanks KB, much appreciated

Welcome Damo start up a new post in the Trips, Tracks, Touring and Reports  and put up lots of picks i love photos as do a lot of others on here.. :cheers:

Regards Ken

thanks Ken, i will try to do that, only took a few pics of trip for family to see on facebook but thanks for telling me where to post them.

Welcome Damo & Family,

Sounds like you have a great set up and are out there enjoying it.
Have fun on the site as we all do. It can be a bit addictive.

Rob

thanks Rob, i do like the camper, it needs work but now i have a list to work with.

Welcome to The Show Damo,

Great part of the world you live in & great that you are enjoying the great outdoors. How did you find Mungo? We checked it out but it seemed a bit crowded but that could have been all the BOLLARDS ??? ???

Regards

Hem

thanks Hem, yeah we do love the lake and surroundings. as for Mungo my mother-in-law has been going for 50-60yrs and my wife for 35yrs, our children all their lives 8yr - 5yr and 18months. it has its ups and downs, mad crazy dingo's one yr nothing the next, this yr no dingos, the only mozzies were in the drop toilets, and ducks every where, only one goanna seen.. as for the bollards sometimes they are a good thing, as it does get busy with caravaners, and boat owners. so atleast you get a decent size site they tend to respect.

i must ask HEM19X, my user name was going to be HEM116, dont happen to be a chrysler guy?

just one picture of it at Bonny Hills last week, not completely setup as it was just a short trip (big4 caravn park) 

cheers Damo

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 11:31:37 AM »
Welcome to MySwag Damien and family. Good luck with modding the CT. plenty of good advice here and it doesn't matter what brand mate. :cheers:

Offline ARRTOO

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 08:14:46 PM »
Thanks Muzza. Hope to contribute

scarps

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 08:23:25 PM »
Hey Damo, you live in a great part of Oz. Raised our 2 sons at Mannering Park for just on 10years.
Decided the weather just wasn't good enough, so moved to Melbourne instead:-) nah, actually for work.

Look forward to reading about your future trips. Enjoy the forum.

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 09:16:22 PM »
Pm sent.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/