Author Topic: What’s your ancestry DNA?  (Read 8065 times)

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
Re: What’s your ancestry DNA?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »
We are both RATBAGS.  Recently Arrived Tasmanian's Back After Generations....

On our maternal side both great grandmothers spent time at the Hobart female factory. Mine was pretty well behaved, but SHMBO 's had a rap sheet longer than my arm - 26 entries,  returned to the factory multiple times for bad behaviour, bad language and being found in places of ill repute...  Both came from Ireland unsurprisingly.....

On the paternal side, we can trace our bloodline back 16 generations to Sir Richard Partriche (b1360) of Westmorland. Partridge became the second name for many generations of males in our family. Luckily my father ended the tradition when I was born.  The family estate was apparently lost during Cromwells time.

As a side note, Ancestry throws up the occasional curve ball.  Only last week SHMBO became aware that she has three new cousins. All now in their 50's and 60's with extended families in tow.  As if there wasnt enough of their tribe....

All interesting stuff.   :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 01:12:47 PM by Mace »
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Gandalf the White

• Wise Wandering Wizard
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Feelin great with a 2.8
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 08:42:27 PM »
We are both RATBAGS.  Recently Arrived Tasmanian's Back After Generations....

On our maternal side both great grandmothers spent time at the Hobart female factory. Mine was pretty well behaved, but SHMBO 's had a rap sheet longer than my arm - 26 entries,  returned to the factory multiple times for bad behaviour, bad language and being found in places of ill repute...  Both came from Ireland unsurprisingly.....

On the paternal side, we can trace our bloodline back 16 generations to Sir Richard Partriche (b1360) of Westmorland. Partridge became the second name for many generations of males in our family. Luckily my father ended the tradition when I was born.  The family estate was apparently lost during Cromwells time.

As a side note, Ancestry throws up the occasional curve ball.  Only last week SHMBO became aware that she has three new cousins. All now in their 50's and 60's with extended families in tow.  As if there wasnt enough of their tribe....

All interesting stuff.   :cheers:
so let me get this straight, for a while there you and your kin were part of the Partridge Family🤔
How to fall asleep in a chair
1 - sit in a chair
2 - be old

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 08:01:14 AM »
Mother's side is Maltese who married Isle of Wight (English) - both side go back to before records.
Father's side is Welsh and English/Australian new lifers.

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 08:17:06 AM »
Minimum of 4 generations of Australians , before that I don't care .
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 09:12:03 AM »
My grandmother's family were German (she was born here in late 1800's, but her christening certificate - which I have - is in German).

I've never bothered digging through our family history. A lot of our heritage is general family knowledge, so I've never really felt the need. However I probably should take the time to sit down with my aunts and discuss it and write it down - sadly I know I won't have them for much longer, so recording this knowledge will be important.
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline MadMarv

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2018, 10:52:11 AM »
My DNA tree is alot shorter ....... its just me ..... being adopted ive no idea off my DNA side off the family , however my Mum and Dad are both from England and came to Aus on a boat back in the 60s , it took 3 years off being on the registry for them to be able to adopt , so in late 1970 they became Mum and Dad , funnly enough my sister is there natural daughter , i always use the line .... if it wasnt for me you wouldnt have been born .. hehehehe .... Dad is now 84 Mum 77 i think, and my sister 45 , dont know yet who my natural parents are and not overly fussed .... yes id like to know but its not going to change anything , my family is my family just because our blood is diffrent dosent change anything
Regards

Marv
The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2018, 07:07:26 PM »
When & or Where you have come from is really beyond your control  . Where & or When  you  go to  is entirely within your control .
Looking Froward  , Looking Back                 :-* :-*                                      :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust