Author Topic: AFL Season 2017  (Read 98133 times)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: AFL Season 2017
« Reply #450 on: September 30, 2017, 08:23:09 PM »
If your a Tiger supporter you must love the guy...

DUSTIN Martin is like no other player we have seen, and on Saturday he achieved a feat no other player has in the history of the game.

The champion midfielder won the Norm Smith Medal and a premiership medallion just five days after he took home the Brownlow Medal.

His season has been described by Hawthorn legend Leigh Matthews as the greatest ever put together, and Saturday's masterful performance was the final chapter.

The tattooed superstar is the best player in the game and an approving roar went up around the MCG when he was announced by 2000 winner James Hird as the Tigers' second Norm Smith medallist.

He was the calm in the chaos of Saturday's brutal Grand Final, creating order whenever he got his hands on the football, finishing with a team-high 29 possessions (21 contested) and two goals.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #451 on: September 30, 2017, 09:11:41 PM »
Bachar Houli for four quarters for the Norm Smith for mine so I checked his stats-
http://finalsiren.com/AFLPlayerStats.asp?SeasonID=2017&Round=4-2&Sort=Rating+Desc
Dusty was very good but when the Crows kicked the first 2 goals and the Tiges missed 2 set shots Houli was setting the example and continued to do so in a great even performance for four quarters. Perhaps he'd have it if he hadn't missed those 2 shots on goal but given his work rate probably understandable. He didn't miss when the Tiges really needed it.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #452 on: September 30, 2017, 09:35:53 PM »
Bachar Houli for four quarters for the Norm Smith for mine so I checked his stats-
http://finalsiren.com/AFLPlayerStats.asp?SeasonID=2017&Round=4-2&Sort=Rating+Desc
Dusty was very good but when the Crows kicked the first 2 goals and the Tiges missed 2 set shots Houli was setting the example and continued to do so in a great even performance for four quarters. Perhaps he'd have it if he hadn't missed those 2 shots on goal but given his work rate probably understandable. He didn't miss when the Tiges really needed it.
Yep 100% Houli with Rance a close 2nd. Dusty had patches of brilliance, but consistent for 4 quarters?
Unfortunately workhorses dont get recognition in our modern society. I reckon the Brownlow dazzled the judges.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #453 on: September 30, 2017, 10:49:59 PM »
For Crows fans welcome to the law of averages and needing an ounce of luck to win a GF as revisiting those 1997-98 finals would show (eg if the Kangas had turned their 6-15 to the Crows 4-3 at half time into say 12-9 it was all over but alas for all that first half effort). 2017 GF the Crows could look back at losing Brodie Smith and McGovern beforehand and perhaps Charlie Cameron's early calf injury in the GF and wonder but there it was on Fox Footy preview. Richmond's historical GF record of 10 wins and 11 losses as favourites or not and now it's line ball for a much longer term club. Welcome to the law of averages with the footy gods Crows fans which with the draft and salary cap implies perhaps a premiership every 18 years but with averages it can be a long time between drinks as Tiges fans know  :cup:

PS: 
The AFL ladder in terms of years waiting for a premiership now reads as follows:

Melbourne: 53 years
St Kilda: 51 years
Fremantle: 23 years*
Carlton: 22 years
Adelaide: 19 years
North Melbourne: 18 years
Essendon: 17 years
Brisbane: 14 years
Port Adelaide: 13 years
West Coast: 11 years
Collingwood: 7 years
Geelong: 6 years
Gold Coast: 6 years*
Sydney: 5 years
Greater Western Sydney: 5 years*
Hawthorn: 3 years
Footscray: 1 year
Richmond: umm?
(*never won a premiership)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:26:22 AM by prodigyrf »
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #454 on: October 02, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »
We're not exactly a happy happy team at Hawthorn-
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/hawthorn-sack-chief-executive-tracey-gaudry-after-five-months-in-the-job/ar-AAsLFyY
Some of the YES men at AFL HQ will not be pleased  :'(

So the end of season ructions begin in earnest with all the impatient clubs but note that curious byline at the end-
"It is understood Silvers has had several long sessions with Alastair Clarkson in recent weeks."
No doubt because Clarko has had strong overtures from hungry clubs with younger lists that are dangling the carrot.  Port obviously weren't in the running so which clubs does that leave?

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #455 on: October 02, 2017, 03:10:53 PM »
We're not exactly a happy happy team at Hawthorn-
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/hawthorn-sack-chief-executive-tracey-gaudry-after-five-months-in-the-job/ar-AAsLFyY
Some of the YES men at AFL HQ will not be pleased  :'(

So the end of season ructions begin in earnest with all the impatient clubs but note that curious byline at the end-
"It is understood Silvers has had several long sessions with Alastair Clarkson in recent weeks."
No doubt because Clarko has had strong overtures from hungry clubs with younger lists that are dangling the carrot.  Port obviously weren't in the running so which clubs does that leave?
You have the Vickery curse! Things picked up for us once we got rid of him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #456 on: October 03, 2017, 12:12:55 AM »
Plenty of speculation and we'll see how this lot goes- http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/10/02/afl-trade-rumours-need-know-2017/

Mind you do watch- 'Walls blasts Crows forward for being the master of the Joe the goose' for one of his tips as to who Adelaide should trade  :-[

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #457 on: October 03, 2017, 12:36:53 PM »
Oh were from Tiger land..........

YELLOW AND BLACK  ;D

Wheres Bird? :-* :-*
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #458 on: October 04, 2017, 10:57:55 AM »
I wont mention it again.........
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #459 on: October 04, 2017, 12:14:44 PM »
I wont mention it again.........

Make the most of it mate...could be a long time till the next one...
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #460 on: October 04, 2017, 12:18:12 PM »
Make the most of it mate...could be a long time till the next one...

Correct :)

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #461 on: October 04, 2017, 01:23:42 PM »
Correct :)
12 months isn't that long

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline raider

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #462 on: October 04, 2017, 04:10:08 PM »
Got my tattoo today but I won't show it until it stops bleeding cos it looks like the Bombers. :'(
Don't live a life of going-to-do's and die with nothing done

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #463 on: October 06, 2017, 03:30:12 PM »
Jackson trengrove to the dogs, seems like a nice bloke and will help the boys down back

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #464 on: October 19, 2017, 08:28:13 AM »
Is trade week just a wank? I mean constant updates of "I heard a rumour" that nothing ever comes of,  or more often than not "Nothing to report" day after day..

why not just make it 48 hours and get it over and done with.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #465 on: October 19, 2017, 08:57:40 PM »
Good to see gazza getting his wish........just not sure what Scott has up his sleeve for the back line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #466 on: October 20, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »
Quote from: weeds
Good to see gazza getting his wish........just not sure what Scott has up his sleeve for the back line.

Agree with him going home is good - but not sure Geelong need him. Are they just topping up to hope to stay in the 'window'? or is it to sell a few jumpers?

But unless this year was all an act as he'd lost his ticker I think he's not going to be the savior everyone dreams of - hes always broken and falling apart... or was that all an act? Were his injuries all bullShit this season cause he didn't want to play for cold ghost?

As for finishing as Best and Fairest for Cold Ghost - in a team of faeces doesn't mean much when you only played 14 games for the whole year and still win!! Shows how Shit the rest of the team are.
that sorta result reminds me of this kinda bullShit
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #467 on: October 20, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »

How about those Tiges though Bird?? They went alright didnt they ;D

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #468 on: October 20, 2017, 10:38:32 AM »
Also just want to add that I got my first tattoo. Yes the premiership tattoo  :cup:

Its all scaby and terrible looking atm so I cant show it yet but I cant believe how tuff I am now. Im considering joining an outlaw mc club or something  ;D

When I went to the tattoo shop I asked if a chubby nearly 50yo is allowed to get his first tattoo and when they found out what it was they agreed it was dedication at its finest, go tiges :cup:

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #469 on: October 20, 2017, 11:28:56 AM »
Quote from: DannyG
Its all scaby and terrible looking
nothing more needs to be said... ;D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline raider

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #470 on: October 20, 2017, 12:44:43 PM »
Also just want to add that I got my first tattoo.

So did I , this was taken just after it was done. I need to go back in a couple of weeks and get it touched up and get the white teeth and eyes which weren't done for some reason.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #471 on: October 20, 2017, 12:59:05 PM »
Agree with him going home is good - but not sure Geelong need him. Are they just topping up to hope to stay in the 'window'? or is it to sell a few jumpers?

But unless this year was all an act as he'd lost his ticker I think he's not going to be the savior everyone dreams of - hes always broken and falling apart... or was that all an act? Were his injuries all bullShit this season cause he didn't want to play for cold ghost?

As for finishing as Best and Fairest for Cold Ghost - in a team of faeces doesn't mean much when you only played 14 games for the whole year and still win!! Shows how Shit the rest of the team are.
that sorta result reminds me of this kinda bullShit

The cats have been in the window for 10 years and probably the next few years.  probably should have had another premiership though but better than being stuck the in the bottom eight for years on end.

Gazza won't be costing us much, broken or not he is still a handy player, quite happy for him to sit in the forward pocket to take a good defender and slot a goal or two. Might free up tomahawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #472 on: October 20, 2017, 01:06:21 PM »
nothing more needs to be said... ;D

I need you to tell me something positive about the Tiges after all these years of stirring me about being 9th......go on say they were great...... ;D

Also just want to add that I got my first tattoo.

So did I , this was taken just after it was done. I need to go back in a couple of weeks and get it touched up and get the white teeth and eyes which weren't done for some reason.

Ok heres mine just after it was done too. Way too much of a close up because you can see the blood etc in the yellow and to be honest the photo doesn't do a lot for it but its all i got atm.
I wanted more white too but the tattooist said something about me being white enough ;)

Go tiges  ;D

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline raider

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #473 on: October 20, 2017, 01:28:15 PM »
Noice , the young bloke wants one like that but the pussy hasn't made a booking yet.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #474 on: October 20, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Quote from: weeds
Gazza won't be costing us much, broken or not he is still a handy player, quite happy for him to sit in the forward pocket to take a good defender and slot a goal or two.
I hear what your saying, but that's if he can make it on to the ground which is didn't do too regularly this year and when he did he didn't finish the games.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home