Author Topic: AFL Season 2017  (Read 99317 times)

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: AFL Season 2017
« Reply #425 on: September 26, 2017, 02:47:11 PM »
Given the AFL's concern about the long term ramifications of concussion and the new ambulance chasing world we live in these blokes pretty well summed up the reasonable expectation with both Sloan and Cotchin-
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ted-richards-says-the-afls-obsession-with-outcomes-is-likely-to-hurt-trent-cotchins-bid-to-play-in-the-grand-final/news-story/af6da776446ed8031ffb2da94e44b5c9
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/dylan-shiel-feels-cheated-by-system-says-mark-williams/ar-AAsq9QM
but being a GF it was a Barry Hall and/or safety in numbers  outcome for them both. In terms of intent I thought Sloan was more hangable than Cotchin but the outcome for the latter was worse and home and away season they'd both hang.

Byron Pickett was the turning point as was ruckman Matty Primus as they were both sacrificed for the new reality and winds of change, in Primus case because they clearly wanted the Natanui types in ruck.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #426 on: September 26, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »
Given the AFL's concern about the long term ramifications of concussion and the new ambulance chasing world we live in these blokes pretty well summed up the reasonable expectation with both Sloan and Cotchin-
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ted-richards-says-the-afls-obsession-with-outcomes-is-likely-to-hurt-trent-cotchins-bid-to-play-in-the-grand-final/news-story/af6da776446ed8031ffb2da94e44b5c9
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/dylan-shiel-feels-cheated-by-system-says-mark-williams/ar-AAsq9QM
but being a GF it was a Barry Hall and/or safety in numbers  outcome for them both. In terms of intent I thought Sloan was more hangable than Cotchin but the outcome for the latter was worse and home and away season they'd both hang.

Someones talking Shite.........     "He [Shiel] feels cheated. I've talked to him," Williams said. "I feel for him ... completely cheated by the system ... Dylan had seven possessions, two shots on goal and to lose a player that's an All Australian in the first quarter, he came off and that was it."

The Giants denied Shiel was upset at the MRP decision, saying the players were only disappointed that they lost a preliminary final.   Even the Giants coach said there was nothing in it!!!

Byron Pickett was the turning point as was ruckman Matty Primus as they were both sacrificed for the new reality and winds of change, in Primus case because they clearly wanted the Natanui types in ruck.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #427 on: September 26, 2017, 03:13:34 PM »
"The Giants denied Shiel was upset at the MRP decision, saying the players were only disappointed that they lost a preliminary final.   Even the Giants coach said there was nothing in it!!!"

Well they would say that now wouldn't they?
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #428 on: September 26, 2017, 04:44:51 PM »
Quote from: prodigyrf
"The Giants denied Shiel was upset at the MRP decision, saying the players were only disappointed that they lost a preliminary final.   Even the Giants coach said there was nothing in it!!!"

Come on... why would Shiel be pissed off at missing 3/4's of the biggest game of his life and the bloke getting away with it ??? He'd be ****in over the moon.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #429 on: September 26, 2017, 08:01:15 PM »

No they wouldnt.  If they believed he was not done justice, like all clubs they would be broadcasting it!
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #430 on: September 26, 2017, 08:17:11 PM »
I suppose the brownlow count was rigged and Dusty shouldn't have been the winner??  >:D Bird? ;D
The mark of the year was a joke... but I guess the name won him the award...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #431 on: September 26, 2017, 10:49:07 PM »
No they wouldnt.  If they believed he was not done justice, like all clubs they would be broadcasting it!

Fair dinkum! Here's an AFL bloke just like Choco, freed from the yoke of the PC Yes men of the AFL with their fines and penalties for straying from the company line-
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/swanny-brownlow-survival-guide-tips-for-duz-my-epic-trip-to-las-vegas/news-story/4921011e06d5e69e94578df2240e4378

Then there's the last of the dinosaurs having the final word with up yours girlymen- “There could be Alastair Lynch style exit to my career.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/barry-hall-caught-punching-opposition-player-in-queensland-afl-grand-final/news-story/4235647e3d565231d8340d27b343d649

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #432 on: September 27, 2017, 10:05:48 AM »
Quote from: DannyG
I suppose the brownlow count was rigged and Dusty shouldn't have been the winner??  >:D Bird? ;D

Now that you mention it, watching a replay at BD's of 360 last night how did Danger get zero brownlow votes in round 22, but got every radio/tv station top points ??? 34 touches, 2 goals and few assists... what a Shit game

The mark of the year was a joke... but I guess the name won him the award... Since its a popularity contest, not a genuine award theres no way on earth that a GWS GC or a smaller club player could ever win even if they took somethign like this
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #433 on: September 27, 2017, 10:58:49 AM »
Now that you mention it, watching a replay at BD's of 360 last night how did Danger get zero brownlow votes in round 22, but got every radio/tv station top points ??? 34 touches, 2 goals and few assists... what a Shit game

The mark of the year was a joke... but I guess the name won him the award... Since its a popularity contest, not a genuine award theres no way on earth that a GWS GC or a smaller club player could ever win even if they took somethign like this

The same thing happened to Dusty in the hawks game. He won every vote in every other system just like danger did in round 22 yet he didnt get a brownlow vote. We would need to ask the umpires the question why.

As for the mark of the century.......

None other than my home town hero im afraid ;D
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #434 on: September 27, 2017, 12:03:15 PM »
Quote from: DannyG
Yea thats pretty special! ... but the way the system is now that mark would get 10 votes if he played for a small club. Again its nothing but a popularity contest..

Personally I didnt think anything of dunnyher's mark.. not even mark of the hour - I actually think he took better than that during the season more than once! In reality Howes mark blitzed it.  SEN reported tihs morning that it has cost Howe something like 40,000 in advertising/marketing and bonuses... so its not just some crap award.

Having said that I guess the wobbler supporters hadnt stolen enough phones to ring in and get Howe the award.. but it is a broken system
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #435 on: September 27, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
Yea thats pretty special! ... but the way the system is now that mark would get 10 votes if he played for a small club. Again its nothing but a popularity contest..

Personally I didnt think anything of dunnyher's mark.. not even mark of the hour - I actually think he took better than that during the season more than once! In reality Howes mark blitzed it.  SEN reported tihs morning that it has cost Howe something like 40,000 in advertising/marketing and bonuses... so its not just some crap award.

Having said that I guess the wobbler supporters hadnt stolen enough phones to ring in and get Howe the award.. but it is a broken system

We agree on something footy related ;)

Yes it is a popularity vote. Imagine the greatest mark ever taken was by someone from GWS and he was against lesser marks from the big vic clubs.........same as goal of the year.

They need to appoint an unbiased panel of 'experts' to judge them.

Anyway, Mcgovern out for the Crows....GO TIGES
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline lukeycat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #436 on: September 27, 2017, 08:09:18 PM »
The same thing happened to Dusty in the hawks game. He won every vote in every other system just like danger did in round 22 yet he didnt get a brownlow vote. We would need to ask the umpires the question why.

As for the mark of the century.......

It happens the umps have to worry about so many different rule interpretations these days how can they really work out who was best in ground, I know I've walked off the ground a few times going hmmmm now who played well? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline lukeycat

• Soft Floor Camper User

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #439 on: September 28, 2017, 04:00:19 PM »
Hodgey is a good mate of Fagans and like Sam Mitchell, he is thinking of coaching.  He would be a great asset to the Lions but the brown and yellow will always be in his blood.  Just check out how many clubs grab people who have been at the Hawks for a few years.  The Hawthorn F.C. run a great leadership program and are just so professional with its management...(don't mention Jeff Kennet though...lol )

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #440 on: September 30, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »
lets hope for ump's with 2 eyes.. hope the AFL havent stuck their fingers in too deep... the tigers supporters will march from the G to the Westgate LMAO

lets also hope

Edit: sadly the wish for impartial umpires fell on deaf ears and its only 1/2 time
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:41:52 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #441 on: September 30, 2017, 04:27:24 PM »
lets hope for ump's with 2 eyes.. hope the AFL havent stuck their fingers in too deep... the tigers supporters will march from the G to the Westgate LMAO

lets also hope

Edit: sadly the wish for impartial umpires fell on deaf ears and its only 1/2 time

you must be watching a different game than the one at the MCG...... :cheers:

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #442 on: September 30, 2017, 05:31:55 PM »
Go tiges...

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #443 on: September 30, 2017, 06:48:22 PM »
Ill hardly mention it..............

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #444 on: September 30, 2017, 06:53:53 PM »
Mention what??
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #445 on: September 30, 2017, 06:55:40 PM »
Dogs last year, tiges this year how awesome the only thing now if for the demons to grab one I then wn couple of years and the saints

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #446 on: September 30, 2017, 06:57:21 PM »
I thought it was a great result, but it would have been nice if Adelaide turned up.....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #447 on: September 30, 2017, 07:28:59 PM »
Dogs last year, tiges this year how awesome the only thing now if for the demons to grab one I then wn couple of years and the saints

Swannie

I,m with you...If the demons could get it next year I,d be a very happy chappy.  Love the Hawks BUT...Being a Hawks supporter (50 years), I,ve been very spoilt !!!!   would like the demons to win. Saints the year after...still pissed off withe saints/maggots game that saw the draw and Saints no good in the replay..

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #448 on: September 30, 2017, 07:53:34 PM »
Mention what??

Just the little win we had today ;D Bugger you made me mention it ;)

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #449 on: September 30, 2017, 08:00:07 PM »
Just the little win we had today ;D Bugger you made me mention it ;)

Oh, did I do that??..... ;D ;D
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon