Author Topic: AFL Season 2017  (Read 99275 times)

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: AFL Season 2017
« Reply #350 on: September 10, 2017, 08:50:41 AM »
Druggos flogged... shows what happens when they dry out
From wooden spooners to playing in a final  in one season aint too bad, better restart than i had hoped for.

Go the blues, hahaha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #351 on: September 10, 2017, 09:06:14 AM »
Bit better than the NRL :D :D :D

Mike Brady :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #352 on: September 10, 2017, 09:30:30 AM »
So that adjusted percentage ranking was a good guide to week one apart from WC beating the odds and the smart money will put equal money on Adel and Richmond for the flag now but be nervous about Syd doing a Bulldogs. For we Port fans season percentage is all very well but the moral to the story is to kick enough goals to win enough games for a double chance week one  :'(

Watched 2 men in Dustin Martin and Charlie Dixon turn games on their own but alas the kicking boot deserted one of them when it was most needed and mad Monday it was. No cheap Premiership for the remaining likelys in Adel and Richmond as they always had to beat the other 3 top four sides (or any side like Syd coming through that can beat them) in order to hold up the cup.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #353 on: September 10, 2017, 11:59:32 AM »
 :cup:
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #354 on: September 10, 2017, 01:28:08 PM »
So hows your team fairing this year Bird?
exactly where I suggest they would be before the season started

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #355 on: September 15, 2017, 08:53:52 PM »
The Bloods are struggling against the 50/50's
:(
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline 03GV

• Tent User
« Reply #356 on: September 15, 2017, 10:03:45 PM »
Franklin who? Write geelong off at your own peril!
2010 DDIS Grand vitara
Lumberjack  Buckley  Campertrailer

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #357 on: September 15, 2017, 10:42:06 PM »
No lack of effort from Sydney and they were still in it at quarter time but even then it looked like their ball handling skills had deserted them and it proved to be for the rest of the night. Buddy wasn't fit again and he must be left wondering about a fitness hoodoo at the business end of footy seasons.

Only 3 more Mad Mondays now before the ultimate contest  :cup:
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #358 on: September 16, 2017, 10:41:56 AM »

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline 03GV

• Tent User
« Reply #359 on: September 16, 2017, 02:03:52 PM »
I love excuses, screen grabs and being second to the ball don't win games!
2010 DDIS Grand vitara

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #360 on: September 16, 2017, 02:35:16 PM »
I love excuses, screen grabs and being second to the ball don't win games!
how good was your win last week???
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline 03GV

• Tent User
« Reply #361 on: September 16, 2017, 05:00:41 PM »
Win? We didn't win,we got flogged!  ;D
2010 DDIS Grand vitara

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #362 on: September 16, 2017, 08:19:45 PM »
Game over
bye west joke.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #363 on: September 17, 2017, 10:16:52 AM »
And then there were the top four as usual and history shows the ultimate Premier doesn't have an off game but wins all their games which puts the Crows and Richmond in the box seat now. You can go back to Brisbane losing to the Pies and coming back to knock them off in the GF but they did have 3 Brownlow Medallists running around in their midfield and I don't see that with the Giants or Cats but while they're still alive the dream lives.

Barrack with emotion but always bet with your head  :cup:

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #364 on: September 18, 2017, 03:38:15 PM »
I see the coaching rumour mill has started with Hinkley. He's a good coach like many but the message can get stale with the one group in 5 years so the GC job would make sense, particularly if Port can use the compo money to lure Clarko from Hawthorn which would be just as attractive to him given the respective state of the playing stocks.

As for contracts they're not worth the paper they're written on from either side when circumstances change dramatically-
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/alastair-clarkson-signs-threeyear-contract-at-hawthorn/news-story/8e3d502588fd80f4e4f021ff8715ca23

A speculative one to watch out for but which club would be more attractive for a Clarko move if Hinkley leaves Port?

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #365 on: September 18, 2017, 03:47:18 PM »
I see the coaching rumour mill has started with Hinkley. He's a good coach like many but the message can get stale with the one group in 5 years so the GC job would make sense, particularly if Port can use the compo money to lure Clarko from Hawthorn which would be just as attractive to him given the respective state of the playing stocks.

As for contracts they're not worth the paper they're written on from either side when circumstances change dramatically-
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/alastair-clarkson-signs-threeyear-contract-at-hawthorn/news-story/8e3d502588fd80f4e4f021ff8715ca23

A speculative one to watch out for but which club would be more attractive for a Clarko move if Hinkley leaves Port?
he would be nuts to take it and insane not to..

Extra money will be good as coaching GC is a dead cert to kill anyones career..
And no Abblett no GC.. With Abblett supposed to be returning to Geelong (**** knows why they want a broken down player) theres no way they will win...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #366 on: September 18, 2017, 05:10:20 PM »

Port can use the compo money to lure Clarko from Hawthorn

Thanks for the belly laugh

Not sure how Clarko would tolerate Kochie?

Sounds like the board will happily push Kochie to keep Ken.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #367 on: September 18, 2017, 06:43:13 PM »
So Caro is "reporting" 3 more years for Hinkley at Port - he laughed at it but said he is 100% staying ....

Caro's 'opinion' pieces are ****in annoying 
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #368 on: September 18, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »

Thanks for the belly laugh

Hinkley has a year to run and Clarko 2 so that would only cost Port one break year although if a coach is ready to take up another opportunity there's no point in clubs upping their contract offers as an inducement to stay. OTOH clubs have to honour payouts if they sack a coach still under contract and both sides of the equation know the rules of the game.

The changes I outlined are all speculative but not beyond Port management's capabilities if they're impatient with Hinkley and he sees a longer future with GC. Hawthorn would be the loser but that's because their coach faces a draft rebuilding period and Clarko might figure there's the possibility of a Premiership with Port. Simply put the planets only have to align for these sorts of sudden moves as the AFL is a very competitive business nowadays and everyone knows today's rooster is tomorrow's feather duster.

Offline 03GV

• Tent User
« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2017, 09:20:28 PM »
Interesting you say this prodigyrf. Just today ports list was talked about on SEN and it doesn't bode well if they don't get in a gf next year or the year after. I didn't  realise how many oldies they have. Was actually gobsmacked that Robby gray was turning 30 next year!
2010 DDIS Grand vitara

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #370 on: September 19, 2017, 01:45:18 AM »
Well there'd be plenty of overtures to coaches like Clarkson this time of year, as there would be to a lesser extent for others like Hinkley. Now put yourself in Clarkson's shoes knowing it will be a few years to rebuild the Hawks via the draft. OTOH one or two of the overtures offer the opportunity to do like Blight did with the Crows, so where's the best bet, given he knows intimately the strengths and weaknesses of all the clubs and might figure which ones he could lift to a GF. I'm suggesting with the Hinkley rumours Port is an obvious choice (he has coaching ties to Adelaide with Central District and Port) but are there any others that fit the bill, bearing in mind you'd think the top 4 finishers coaching positions are out of the picture for next year.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #371 on: September 19, 2017, 06:27:33 AM »
Well there'd be plenty of overtures to coaches like Clarkson this time of year, as there would be to a lesser extent for others like Hinkley. Now put yourself in Clarkson's shoes knowing it will be a few years to rebuild the Hawks via the draft. OTOH one or two of the overtures offer the opportunity to do like Blight did with the Crows, so where's the best bet, given he knows intimately the strengths and weaknesses of all the clubs and might figure which ones he could lift to a GF. I'm suggesting with the Hinkley rumours Port is an obvious choice (he has coaching ties to Adelaide with Central District and Port) but are there any others that fit the bill, bearing in mind you'd think the top 4 finishers coaching positions are out of the picture for next year.

Clarko wouldn,t be able t work withe loud mouthed, hypocritical Kockhead. Clarko is already talking finals next year. He has a good run of younguns coming up and things look good for the next few years at Hawthorn. If they had of won a couple of early games there would be some worried teams in this years top 5  (hate the top 8 as the positions of 6,7 & 8 are only money making from AFL). Clarko doesn't need to win more grand finals! He is a proven mentor for many of the people who now sit on various coaching positions of many AFL clubs. He has the full backing of the greatest club in the last 40 years and I don't think money is an issue. I reckon he is the sort of bloke that relishes the challenge of building a team up and taking it to a grand final. Time will I suppose. Besides...Hinkleys signed for another 3 years...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:29:46 AM by Bigfish »
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #372 on: September 19, 2017, 11:45:54 AM »
"If they had of won a couple of early games there would be some worried teams in this years top 5"

Ha! That statement when only one and a half wins separated the top 6 finishers and Melbourne missed out on the 8 with 12 wins, although to be fair to the Crows their last 2 games against Sydney and WC were dead rubbers with those 2 teams playing for their seasons. When it really mattered the Crows had the Giants wrapped up at half time and only had to go goal for goal after that to waltz into a Prelim. If only Port's Charlie Dixon had been watching the shot clock at the death knock against Geelong and not called to play on Port would have been Top 4 with the double chance, but then it was Ryder to Robbie Gray at the death knock that broke Saints fans hearts. If, if, if... :'(

As for- "(hate the top 8 as the positions of 6,7 & 8 are only money making from AFL). " it aint about the money but all about ensuring the team that holds up the Cup is the one that can beat the other 3 Top 4 contenders as we're witnessing now, or any team 5-8 that's good enough to come through them and snatch it.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2017, 12:30:13 PM »

The system is designed to give the top four teams an easier road to the Grand Final than the second four teams. The top four teams need to win only two finals to reach the Grand Final, while the second four teams need to win three. The two winning teams of the top four receive a bye in the second week of the playoff and then play at home in the third week, and the two losing teams play at home in the second week.  Why?  Why give the 5,6,7 & 8 teams a chance?  Lets introduce teams 9,10,11 & 12 as well. 

As I said...pure money making from the AFL.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2017, 12:44:11 PM »
It should be a final 5 but tv rights are more important

Week One
Qualification Final: 2nd vs 3rd
Elimination Final: 4th vs 5th
Bye: 1st