Author Topic: My brilliant plan  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
My brilliant plan
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
So drinking my coffee Saturday morning I came up with a brilliant plan.
I would let Morag take the dogs on their morning walk alone and, after they got out of sight I would take off in the opposite direction. I would then wait at the opposite end of the park that is ½ way around our normal walking circuit to see 1- how long it took the boys to recognize me and 2- how fast the dogs would run across the park to get to me. Of course I didn’t tell Morag my great plan.
So a few minutes after they left I rushed to the park and hid myself behind a tree.
After about 20 minutes passed I began to wonder where they are.
Then plan B jumps into my mind. A brilliantly devious plan.
Instead of waiting in the park I will sneak along the path and hide in the bushes. Then just as they pass I will jump out and scare the daylights out of them. I wanted to see if the boys would run away like rabbits or stay and protect Morag for the couple seconds it would take before they recognize me and (hopefully) not bite the heck out of me.
So I snuck across the park, walked down the trail and hid in the scrub to await the inevitable.
20 minutes pass and still no sign of the trio.
So now I ditch plan B and go to plan C which was to start walking towards where they should be coming from, thinking if I see them first I will go back to plan B.
I got 3/4 of the way around the circuit and still no sign of them.
So back home I walk wondering what the heck is going on.
I get back home to see Morag and the boys sitting on the front deck waiting for my arrival.
And they did not seem to be as happy to see me as I was to see them.
Seems Morag got about ½ way round her walk, seen a lady with a dog off the lead heading their way, and to avoid any nastiness between the dogs she took a shortcut home thus avoiding them.
When she got home she found the door was locked and I was nowhere to be seen. So she went to a few of the neighbours looking for me.
When I got home I found that not only was she worried but she had all the neighbours worried as well.
One neighbour had been phoning my mobile ( kind of hard to surprise someone if your mobile rings so I had left it home) and the other neighbours were getting a search party together to go hunting for me.
So my brilliantly devised plan turned into an epic fail.
I explained my plan to my neighbors who did not see it as brilliantly as me. They kept telling me I was lucky no one called the police about the peeping Tom along the track.
And not only that but they will never ever let me live it down  ;D
Bill and Morag
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown

Offline singo-26

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Gone bush permanently!
Re: My brilliant plan
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:56:59 PM »
I'll just sit here laughing, waiting for the cracks to start. ;D ;D ;D
Steve

2001 HZJ105 and a custom rearfold softfloor.

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:57:56 PM »
 :D That one backfired  :cheers:
Imagine trying to explain that one to the Cops  :cheers:
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 12:51:27 AM »
ahhh, my kids came home on Saturday morning saying there was some stranger running about hiding in bushes etc and acting very suspiciously, i grabbed my trusty old hunting knife and the concretors working on the house next door, who heard what my kids were saying well they grabbed a few lengths of pipe, we formed a posse and went looking for this person............... guess your lucky you didn't form a plan "D".............

hahaha, just kidding!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline singo-26

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Gone bush permanently!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 01:33:56 AM »
ahhh, my kids came home on Saturday morning saying there was some stranger running about hiding in bushes etc and acting very suspiciously, i grabbed my trusty old hunting knife and the concretors working on the house next door, who heard what my kids were saying well they grabbed a few lengths of pipe, we formed a posse and went looking for this person............... guess your lucky you didn't form a plan "D".............

hahaha, just kidding!!!! ;D ;D ;D

And now they start. ;D ;D

Bill was it you who had an incident with a wheelbarrow not so long ago?   :angel:   :cheers:
Steve

2001 HZJ105 and a custom rearfold softfloor.

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 07:33:14 AM »
And now they start. ;D ;D

Bill was it you who had an incident with a wheelbarrow not so long ago?   :angel:   :cheers:
Indeed it is sir.
I have no problem admitting my errr mistakes...:D
Bill and Morag
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown