Author Topic: Other forums  (Read 10892 times)

Offline olddigger

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Other forums
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 12:26:20 AM »
There's also greynomads.com.au which caters for caravanners as well as CT owners. Be warned: it's a bit  politically correct and tends to be averse to robust, adult exchanges of views on "political" issues. Oddly, the forthcoming, but as yet un-announced, rises in diesel prices under our worthless Federal Government is a "political" issue and must not be mentioned. Go figure.
Cheers, Tony

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 12:35:53 AM »
Myswag, the original and still the best  :cup:
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Campfire

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 07:21:07 AM »
I have an interest in some of hunting/ shooting and fishing forums out there. I've even seen lure making forums( great source of info). You find in many "Outdoor" forums ( camping, fishing, 4x4, hunting/shooting, boating, fishing, motorbikes) there is a good cross interest with various members in the other outdoor areas e.g. I've noticed a strong interest in 4x4 with Myswag.

My other interest is Australian Colonial History and how people lived ( bush skills and how to make do). I work in a very busy Senior Management role and the Rat Race catches up with you very quickly.

I have a "John Bradley" original oil painting which shows a quiet riverside scene and two guys just relaxing around a campfire, glow of the fire off the trees leaves, mountains and farmland reflecting in the moon night of this night camping sce

This pic is the first thing I see when I wake up and last thing I see when I go to bed, like the forums as a type of recreational escapism from the busy and demanding lifestyles we live these days, the picture is a visual reminder which keeps me centered as a constant reminder of finding balance in life and to slow down and how benefical getting outdoors can be to not only physical but also psychological health and wellbeing.

If you were to google " John Bradley" art work , have a look at how impressive this Australian Artists camping scenes are ( especially his night camping scenes around a fire).

Morpeth Art Galley have a few if your based in the Hunter Valley Area.

Campfire
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:24:17 AM by Campfire »

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 08:35:03 AM »
I've noticed a strong interest in 4x4 with Myswag.

Well this is the Offroad camper trailer forum, so it does align itself heavily with 4x4.  Having said that though we have a lot of members with on-road campers, and a disproportionately large membership with Jayco's (we tend not to talk about them too much :P).

But ultimately we are a camping site, just how difficult your destination and level of desired comfort will dictate what kind of member you are.  It is all about getting out there.
Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13

Offline Campfire

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 09:03:46 AM »
Well this is the Offroad camper trailer forum, so it does align itself heavily with 4x4.  Having said that though we have a lot of members with on-road campers, and a disproportionately large membership with Jayco's (we tend not to talk about them too much :P).

But ultimately we are a camping site, just how difficult your destination and level of desired comfort will dictate what kind of member you are.  It is all about getting out there.

The "Offroad" observation was noted, level of comfort I guess that becomes an age issue, but am suprised to see the love lost with your Jayco Brothers. If you sold your camper and upgraded to a Jayco they might let you let you into their "Secret  Jayco Club" then everybody feels the love.

Do you have unresolved Jayco Issues?

I think Jayco's are great and hope to eventually own one after I get a bit of use of use out of my current set up.

Enough people do it, you could end up with a forum name change from myswag.org to myjayco.org

Than everybody becomes happy.

Campfire ;D

Offline GU Rich

• "RED DUST BOUND"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT'S CAMPING.
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 09:16:39 AM »
One thing everyone has in common on this forum is the enjoyment of getting out there camping. There are member on here who have gone from Camper Trailers to Expandas and still are contribitng to this site, two I can think of is of the top of my head are Bushman and Cruza Driver.

Campfire you could have just a swag or a two man dome tent and still be welcome to contribute I don't always take my camper camping but I enjoy posting pics of my travels.

Cheers
Rich
IF YOU SEE US OUT AND ABOUT COME AND SAY G'DAY!

FOLLOW ME ON
https://www.instagram.com/offroad_touring/

Offline darren

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius"
    • CampingAustralia.org
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
If you drive a Prado this forum may be for you....

http://www.pradopoint.com/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:53:56 AM by Brett »
Living the Dream.

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 10:13:56 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Im feeling a bit like that at the moment Daz as Toyota are giving it to me up the Arse with the Injector issues im having  :cheers:
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline darren

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius"
    • CampingAustralia.org
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 11:58:06 AM »
I hope yours dont cost $5500 like the other dude on here?
Living the Dream.

Offline Campfire

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 03:37:52 PM »
My 4x4 arrangement is simple, I have a work vehicle ( 4x4 Hilux Dual Cab), so they pay for everything, fuel, insurance, servicing, repairs.

These kind of arrangements are pretty good when it's part of a remuneration deal which allows it for personal use. Only thing is I don't get much of a choice on colour, make or model.

I reckon there would be quite a few people on this forum who have similar arrangements

Campfire

Offline TheOtherLeft

• Tent User
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 03:43:05 PM »
but be warned - they get cranky when they get old.

Are you talking about ExplorOz? Those boys and girls really get fired up pretty easily. Plus the forum is very strictly moderated so anything not directly related to caravans, vehicles etc is binned. A person asked what their choice of beer was and the thread got binned very quickly.

Offline kiva

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 04:27:59 PM »
Are you talking about ExplorOz? Those boys and girls really get fired up pretty easily. Plus the forum is very strictly moderated so anything not directly related to caravans, vehicles etc is binned. A person asked what their choice of beer was and the thread got binned very quickly.

EO has some good content however I feel the moderation is a bit much sometimes. I read the forum topics via RSS, and after reading interesting topic I'll then follow through to the site to read the feedback - only to see the topic removed! After a while, you get to see the number of topics that are removed - perhaps over-zealously - however I guess that is their call.

I guess they've forgotten that their forum topic persists in the RSS feed even when the topic has been removed from their forum. An example from the RSS feed as mentioned by TheOtherLeft about the "choice of beer" is below -

ID:87861 - To those that enjoy a beer!, Whats the best brand in OZ?.
by Axle
I know a lot of guys that can drink any brand any time..lol., but i have tried
different labels time and time again, and keep comming back to the same one
VB> (Vitiamin B )..lol.

Cheers Axle.
Replies: 7 FollowUps: 6 Views: 498

Then again, promoting VB - perhaps the thread needed killing  >:D

LandCruiser GXL 105 Series. Complete Campsite Exodus 14.

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2011, 06:08:14 PM »
One thing everyone has in common on this forum is the enjoyment of getting out there camping. There are member on here who have gone from Camper Trailers to Expandas and still are contribitng to this site, two I can think of is of the top of my head are Bushman and Cruza Driver.

Cheers
Rich

And more recently Motto Motto  ;D  and D4D wishes he did  >:D
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »
I hope yours dont cost $5500 like the other dude on here?
Im hoping its not gunna cost me anything   >:(
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2011, 08:57:51 PM »
Just a few of the things I like about this forum are, it's easy of use, there is a huge amount of information that is given freely without being belittled for not knowing, People are honest without being nasty and it really doesn't matter what you drive, camp in/on/with or with who, what you drink, what state you live in or what colour your dog is or even if you have a dog, who really cares, It's about getting out there and having a crack at it.
Knowledge is wealth and if we all share a little knowledge, we all become a little wealthier.
Happy travels
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:00:06 PM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)