Author Topic: Cheap Sunglass Repair  (Read 4920 times)

Offline Renno

• Soft Floor Camper User
Cheap Sunglass Repair
« on: May 25, 2011, 02:36:45 PM »
Last week I scratched my Oakley sunglasses, I was spewing at having to fork out $250 for a new pair. After a bit of googling i came across the sunglass fix near Byron Bay, (I couldn't believe my luck they were so close). I took the frames there on the way to a fishing trip and within minutes had a new pair of poloarized lenses for less than $40 bucks. I was over the moon. They are as good as new. The polarized were a bit dearer than standard and the more you get done the cheaper they are. If you post to them they will fit for free. I'm only spewing I threw out a pair of Oakley Juliets...

No affiliation at all, I thought as I was so happy with the product and service someone else might find the service useful.

Cheers
Renno :cheers:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:08:35 PM by Renno »

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
Re: Cheap Sunglass Repair
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »
That is sensational!!!

I've got this wicked pair of old-school Oakley Frogskins that have perfect frames, but over the past 15 years i've decimated the 'Iridium' lenses. Looks like I can replace them and keep wearing their awesomeness.

My wife won't be happy to see them alive again.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
I had a pr of Bolle's when I was driving years ago.. bought them at one of my customers I was delivering to, got to the next delivery, chucked them on the seat, did the delivery, jumped back the truck and landed on em - snapped the frame. there was nothing they could do so $110 for 10 minutes of ownership.
Back to $10 servo sunnys since that day back in ~1990!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline cruza driver

• ''Custom User Title''
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 05:13:19 PM »
That is sensational!!!

I've got this wicked pair of old-school Oakley Frogskins that have perfect frames, but over the past 15 years i've decimated the 'Iridium' lenses. Looks like I can replace them and keep wearing their awesomeness.

My wife won't be happy to see them alive again.
I had those until someone pinched them out of my car nearly 16 years ago,  I was devasted. I had a charcoal frame with red lenses very cool. 8) 8)
2012 MAZDA BT50 GT AND 2010 OUTBACK EXPANDA

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 06:52:49 PM »
Th more you pay the quicker they are damaged . I have a pair of safty glasses that I have used & abused for many months & they just wont go away . For $2.25  a pair who cares  ???  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline ldsparrow

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • www.1yearoff.com.au
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »
Good find, have 2 pairs with scratched lenses, have placed an order to get the first pair replaced...
Blog: www.1yearoff.com.au

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »
Great post.

I have a pair of 10 year old SPOTTERS (Cost $290 ish) that I bought for fishing etc. They have glass lenses that were fine but I dropped them and broke the frame. I sent them back to SPOTTERS and they fitted my lenses to new frames for $60 including postage. They threw in a beanie and stubbie holder too.  :cheers:

Regards

Jason
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:08:11 PM by Jason B »

Offline Maîneÿ . . .

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Watch videos below
    • S0LAR power charging videos
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 09:57:53 PM »
I took the frames there on the way to a fishing trip and within minutes had a new pair of poloarized lenses for less than $40 bucks.
I was over the moon. They are as good as new. The polarized were a bit dearer than standard and the more you get done the cheaper they are. If you post to them they will fit for free.

No affiliation at all, I thought as I was so happy with the product and service someone else might find the service useful.

Renno

Thanks for this very informative thread  :cup: :cup:

I've put in an order for a pair of polarized glasses  @ $39.95 for fishing

Offline Maîneÿ . . .

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Watch videos below
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 11:32:11 AM »
I received my Sunglasses today  :cup:

they work terrific out in the sunshine for driving keeping the glare down to (virtuly) nill, much better to the ray-bans I use

will have to go out on the jetty today to see how many fish I can see deep down in the water  ;D

Offline ldsparrow

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • www.1yearoff.com.au
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 05:28:09 PM »
I got my sunglasses back today, perfect. Prompt service and great customer service, I had a couple of questions that they replied to straight away also.  Will get my Oakley's done now...
Blog: www.1yearoff.com.au

Offline Maîneÿ . . .

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Watch videos below
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 07:54:40 PM »

will have to go out on the jetty today to see how many fish I can see deep down in the water 

Took the boat out and wore the glasses, will recommend them to anyone using a boat, or around water, as the polarized lens work fantastic, with zero reflection or glare off the water

When driving the clarity remains 100% clear daylight vision, the vision does not appear darker like my $200 raybans, these lens have zero glare and with absolutely perfect daylight clarity.

My sincere 'thank you' to the original poster :cup:

This would have to be the best small investment I've made in recent years  ;D

( no affiliation etc etc )

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 08:34:32 AM »

This would have to be the best small investment I've made in recent years  ;D

( no affiliation etc etc )

Same here. Best $30 I've dropped in, well, ever..

Just got the standard grey lenses, non-polarised or reflective, put into a pair of original Frogskins purchased on 1992. Very impressed at not only the fit of the replica lenses, but the quality of the lens is fantastic. As good as any Oakley, Von Zipper or Ray-Bans I've ever had. It feels great to have revived a pair of old glasses rather than buying another pair and just wasting the old ones when there's nothing wrong with them

Highly recommended. Can't thank you enough for the tip Renno!!!

Cheers, and thank you.