Author Topic: what to store in extenda walkway?  (Read 3660 times)

Offline cootha

• Tent User
what to store in extenda walkway?
« on: May 15, 2011, 07:33:18 AM »
What do people store in their walkways?

I was thinking of putting the fridge in there when on the move and overnighters.  Along with some other stuff.

Offline Isuzumu

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Isuzu MU
Re: what to store in extenda walkway?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:41:28 AM »
I store the small fold up ladder, a small table our chairs (not the ones that go in a bag) some times the ground sheets and the pillows which stops the chairs moving around as we have a stereo and speakers built into the walk way.
Cheers Bruce
2012 Isuzu D.Max
1994 Isuzu Mu
2011 Jayco 17.55 Outback with Cruisemaster Independent Air Suspension
Off road trailer full of camping gear.

HF Radio Club  Sel Call 1955

Offline Fivid

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 09:36:33 AM »
I made a removeable shelf to span across the walkway from the bed base to to front of the trailer for while we are travelling.  On the shelf we keep some of our extra canvas, pillows, etc. to bring that level up to the same as the mattress.  Under the shelf in the walkway area we keep our foam mats that we use in the shower, our table, chairs, 3' step ladder, and our bags of clothes.

:cheers:
Dave
http://www.trailtrack4x4.com/

Offline Malcur

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:41:54 AM »
We store our fridge when on the move. We have an Evakool 60l and it fits perfectly. I cut out some 1" foam to fit under the fridge. I can also fit the Colemans HWOD when travelling.

Mal

crackacoldie

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 10:03:58 AM »
We keep the 40l fridge and the porta poti in the walkway.  Waeco for beer, Porta poti for thos who won't use a tree!!!

:cheers: Cracka

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:11:19 AM »
 :worthles:
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline cootha

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:36:49 AM »
We keep the 40l fridge and the porta poti in the walkway.  Waeco for beer, Porta poti for thos who won't use a tree!!!

awesome, both bases covered in one spot, would never have to move. lol. :cheers:

edit: spelling
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:18:33 PM by cootha »

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 05:34:37 PM »
We keep our chairs (4) and the swaggs for the girls to sleep in. All these are easy to get at. :cheers:

http://frostysadventures.blogspot.com/

Offline stevo

• I used to have a handle on life........but it broke
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 09:23:40 PM »
A 40L waeco sits there permanently and has the food type items (our main fridge is in the tug). Also a porta potti when going into areas without loos.
Isuzu MU-X Coronet caravan
The hearse does not stop at the bank on the way to the cemetery.

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 01:06:16 PM »
Bags of clothes and pillows for us. Sleeping bags if we're throwing them in (in addition to the doona on the bed). Basically any "inside" things that we want in the tent. It ends up being the last stuff we put in at home, and the last stuff we need access to when we're setting up.

I hadn't thought of storing the chairs there - that might not work to well for us. Usually the chairs are the first thing out, so that J can go and sit under a shady tree while I put the camper up  ;D. Good work if you can get it.

I'm not game to keep the portapotty in the walkway while we travel. It goes in there once we've set up, but for travel, it lives in the (easily hose-out-able) toolbox.

I would assume that a fridge would go in there no worries at all. Ours lives in the back of the car, but I can't see why you couldn't put it in the walkway while travelling, so long as you could secure it well.

Thanks!
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 01:30:23 PM »
I hadn't thought of storing the chairs there - that might not work to well for us. Usually the chairs are the first thing out, so that J can go and sit under a shady tree while I put the camper up  ;D. Good work if you can get it.
Matto,
We have a side access door where we can get access to the chairs when we stop for lunch etc.

The people who have a fridge in the extended section, what do you do when you set up? Does it come out and stand in the kitchen area or does it stay in the extenda area and you have to climb over it to get into bed?

crackacoldie

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 03:03:32 PM »

The people who have a fridge in the extended section, what do you do when you set up? Does it come out and stand in the kitchen area or does it stay in the extenda area and you have to climb over it to get into bed?

The fridge is our drinks and over flow fridge, the main fridge is in the cruiser.  The one in the camper comes out at setup and site on the floor in the tent area so we don't have to climb over it.  The porta poti gets kept on the off side to the steps so we can access it on the road if needed and we don't have to climb over it when we are set up.

Offline sadie

• Tent User
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 03:17:27 PM »
We store our 4 fold up chairs, two kids stretcher beds, two self inflating mattresses and a fold up table in one half of the walkway. We put our ARB fridge in the other half and take it out and put it on a fridge stand near the kitchen when we set up. Our Lifestyle came with the shelf thingy on top already. We've since attached legs to it so it doubles as a very handy table when we're setup. In transit, etc, we chuck sleeping bags & blankets on top of it...

Offline cootha

• Tent User
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 03:19:11 PM »
awesome, it's funny eh. I bought an extenda for the extra tent room and the extra inside-tent storage available, the last thing was the ability to walk through onto the bed.  

Offline cootha

• Tent User
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 03:45:18 PM »
We store our 4 fold up chairs, two kids stretcher beds, two self inflating mattresses and a fold up table in one half of the walkway. We put our ARB fridge in the other half and take it out and put it on a fridge stand near the kitchen when we set up. Our Lifestyle came with the shelf thingy on top already. We've since attached legs to it so it doubles as a very handy table when we're setup. In transit, etc, we chuck sleeping bags & blankets on top of it...

yeah, that's exactly what i'm planning to do, take the fridge out on longer stays and put next to the kitchen, but on overnighters just leave it there.  And putting the legs on the bit of wood too to use as a fridge stand.  great minds think alike eh  :cheers:

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 05:50:22 PM »
yeah, that's exactly what i'm planning to do, take the fridge out on longer stays and put next to the kitchen, but on overnighters just leave it there.  And putting the legs on the bit of wood too to use as a fridge stand.  great minds think alike eh  :cheers:
[/quote
We'll be keeping our second fridge in the front boot, but may change to the extention area.  We also placed legs on the timber bench. A set of table legs from Bunnings did the job.

Offline mikew

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 09:06:12 PM »
We keep the kids sleeping bags and stretchers as well as a table and bench seats for lunch and dinner, as we keep the fridge in the front box, and with driver side access to the table for lunch.
2016 MY16 VX TTD White Landcruiser
2008 D4D Prado
2016 Lifestyle Reconn