Author Topic: What trailer 25k or under?  (Read 12863 times)

Racer

What trailer 25k or under?
« on: April 29, 2011, 09:18:58 PM »
As the title suggests, the wife and I are commencing proceedings for a new CT. We discussed a Jayco Hawk/Eagle etc, we then moved onto a 2nd hand caravan but I woke up to myself and realised I wouldn't be able to take one to the places we may wish to do so. So I thought a good quality CT with all the bells and whistles etc for that price range. So far I like the Complete Campsite Trailers (Jabiru) however there is no doubt several trailers around the same price range. Mainly focussing on a soft floor with 12v/240v (legal setup of course) power, plumbed water, nice kitchen etc. Something super easy and quick to set up with what we need...

Yes, this means we are selling our Mario Trailer...

So suggest away...

Offline CRW

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Driving the Dreamliner
Re: What trailer 25k or under?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 09:27:02 PM »
Complete campsite of course ;D ;D
Cheers
Carl

200 Series Land Cruiser TTD V8,  Complete Campsite Hard Floor Fraser

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 09:30:34 PM »
http://www.mountaintrailcampers.com.au/Content.aspx?contentK=97

or

http://tambocampers.com.au/Omeo.html
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 09:38:16 PM »
The problem (and only one) with the Complete campsite is that they start at just over $25k so doesnt leave anything for extras if required (full annex etc). I am looking at updating in the distant future and will see what deals Complete campsite are offering at the Brisbane caravan and camping show in June. My other choices are Modcon Solution rear fold and Trackabout SV Extenda. I like all 3 but leaning towards Trackabout with a few changes pinched from the other 2 brands.
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline CRW

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Driving the Dreamliner
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 09:50:28 PM »
The problem (and only one) with the Complete campsite is that they start at just over $25k so doesnt leave anything for extras if required (full annex etc). I am looking at updating in the distant future and will see what deals Complete campsite are offering at the Brisbane caravan and camping show in June. My other choices are Modcon Solution rear fold and Trackabout SV Extenda. I like all 3 but leaning towards Trackabout with a few changes pinched from the other 2 brands.

Call me bias but with the Complete Campsite you are getting what you pay for.  Not to detract from others because I reckon JT makes an excellant trailer, so it all comes down to personal preference, and budget of course.  Just my opinion
Cheers
Carl

200 Series Land Cruiser TTD V8,  Complete Campsite Hard Floor Fraser

Offline Gazman

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
In my biased opinion, it would have to be trackabout  :cup: for your budget you should be able to get everything you want in a trackie. Complete campsite did look pretty awesome at the shows, but with the bells and whistles they were a whole price bracket above. Talk to JT,  and check out the drifta return kitchen, it's a great setup!
80 series Landcruiser
2011 Trackabout safari

Offline blackstump

• ''LIFES TO SHORT TO BE SMALL''
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 10:46:05 PM »
For a pinch more mate your in a new forward fold Modcon. Really nice trailers.

IS THERE A PROBLEM OFFICER

Offline Pete_R

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 10:53:14 PM »
Racer, we have the same predicament but with Mountain Trail & All Terrain also thrown in for our "shortlist". To add a wildcard, I like the pricing of the Armadillo considering the features but currently not many reviews of it.
cheers
Pete

2014 200 Series TTD V8 Land Cruiser VX with quite a few extras.
2015 Lotus Freelander 19'6" caravan. (Previously Complete Campsite Uluru XT 16 camper trailer)

Offline singo-26

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Gone bush permanently!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 11:56:48 PM »
Racer, we have the same predicament but with Mountain Trail & All Terrain also thrown in for our "shortlist". To add a wildcard, I like the pricing of the Armadillo considering the features but currently not many reviews of it.

There is a review in the current CTA. Looks like you get a lot for the $.

If it were me I would be looking at the extender type from J.T., Camel, Mountain trail etc.
Steve

2001 HZJ105 and a custom rearfold softfloor.

Offline Rod Camping

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2009 Lifestyle Extenda-2011 Nissan Patrol ST Wagon
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 12:57:45 AM »
In my bias opinion you cant go past a lifestyle extenda where it be the elite or the standard, if you put all the options on to it that the complete campsite have you will still have change left over from $25k.

Never let me down been over some serious tracks is basically bullet proof.

Consider Lifestyle and I dont think you will look back.

Cheers Rod.... 8)

P.S. The Lifestyle has an extra 300mm on the walkway than the trackabout sv extenda. But from what i have heard and seen trackabout make a very good trailer.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:59:27 AM by Rod Camping »

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 05:54:27 AM »
In my biased opinion, it would have to be trackabout  :cup: for your budget you should be able to get everything you want in a trackie. Complete campsite did look pretty awesome at the shows, but with the bells and whistles they were a whole price bracket above. Talk to JT,  and check out the drifta return kitchen, it's a great setup!

x2 [and 3 if I get another vote]

Mate you will never go wrong with a Trackabout.

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline mystq

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 06:14:34 AM »
Get a Tambo with everything with change left over, they are made for the bush :cup:
Eat Sleep Camp Repeat

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 06:39:07 AM »
At a pinch + a Slab + the 25K you can have mine  8)
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 08:53:43 AM »
It is a no brainer. GO THE TRACKABOUT
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline kiwipete

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 10:57:45 AM »
Consider an Explorer Camper & Canvas Camper Trailer.

They are less that the $25,000 tand come with all the options including choices of Kitchens, Power options and of course Tent options.

We bought a 9" Lawson with annex walls.  the canvas is perfect in everyway and the design means that there is no requirement for Guy Ropes..  we went camping last weekend with some friends that have one of the campers mentioned above and we had to step over guy ropes all weekend,  not an issue but if we also had guy ropes it would have been like a spiders web...  It goes up in no time and packs up the same, one person can easily put it up and down and then with the massive room under the adjustable cover for all your extra stuff.

The other beauty is you buy from the blokes that make the whole thing, trailer is built in Gosford the tent hand sewn by Scott of Explorer Campers and Canvas and all is fitted out by Andrew... 

If you don't consider one of these and buy something else you could be doing yourself an injustice, when you do see one in the flesh and you have bought something other you could well be rather P$%%ed off...

They are great  ...   Another thing that is stand out,  The Canvas is designed in a way that it remains taught i.e. no sagging canvas,   if you are like me and like things that are built well and look look neat as a pin check these out...   

www.explorercampers.com.au

KiwiPete
1991 HDJ80
Explorer Campers & Canvas - Lawson Off Road
http://www.explorercampers.com.au/
Canberra

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 01:56:16 PM »
With $25K in your pocket the world is your soft-floored oyster, or potentially even your second hand hard-floored entree.

There are some mid 2000 model Kimberley's in that range, or a whole bunch of new or barely used soft options. If I were in the marlet for a new soft floor camper I'd be considering one with a walkway.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline making tracks

• Tent User
  • Whats around the corner
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 03:16:10 PM »
Tambo Omeo,solid build with alot of change for the extras! :cheers:

Offline mystq

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 04:28:35 PM »
Tambo Omeo,solid build with alot of change for the extras! :cheers:

Go the Tambo :cup:
Eat Sleep Camp Repeat

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »
Have a look at one of the Trackabout Safari's, 25k will leave you heaps left over for extras with enough change for maybe a fridge :cheers:

Disco.
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »
In my bias opinion you cant go past a lifestyle extenda where it be the elite or the standard, if you put all the options on to it that the complete campsite have you will still have change left over from $25k.

Cheers Rod.... 8)

P.S. The Lifestyle has an extra 300mm on the walkway than the trackabout sv extenda. But from what i have heard and seen trackabout make a very good trailer.

x 2 for Lifestyle

mcbadger

Offline Johnny Trackabout

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • GIDDY UP...WHOO BACK
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 05:47:29 PM »

Cheers Rod.... 8)

Our walkways are 600 mm wide hmmm how wide is yours Rod ?.....and good luck with your camper decisions mate  ;D

Cheers
JT

Offline morgue

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »
Nice 25K to spend on a camper...man, the fun I would have trawling the manufacturers web sites...simple for 25K...1/. bloody good soft floor with a few bells and whistles...2/. you can get a good 2nd hand hand floor....3 to 5yo Argle Pioneer($19500 to about $23000), 5 to 7yo base model KK, Campo Matic, AORC or such..

All I can say...have fun you lucky Bastard!!!!!!

Offline Flemo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 10:12:39 PM »
x2 [and 3 if I get another vote]

Mate you will never go wrong with a Trackabout.

Hem

X3 here trackabout extenda all the way! As for lifestyle walkway bein 300mm wider theirs must be 3 foot wide then? Would post the link to ours but to hard on the iPhone.http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=6881.45
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:21:00 PM by Flemo »

Offline kiwipete

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 09:31:43 AM »
I just had a look at Explorer Campers & Canvas new Blog and looks like they are producing a new camper that maybe more what you are looking at... I Dunno the price but give them a call..   "Wentworth"   looks like a really nice unit...   a little envy happening here..

http://andrew-explorercampers.blogspot.com/
KiwiPete
1991 HDJ80
Explorer Campers & Canvas - Lawson Off Road
http://www.explorercampers.com.au/
Canberra

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 07:24:18 PM »
With $25K in your pocket the world is your soft-floored oyster, or potentially even your second hand hard-floored entree.

There are some mid 2000 model Kimberley's in that range, or a whole bunch of new or barely used soft options. If I were in the marlet for a new soft floor camper I'd be considering one with a walkway.
I'd agree with this.
Theres some DIAMONDS out there in the used market to be found. Let someone else lose thousands on a new one. I'd never buy new again.

If your lookin new, I'll x 5 on the Trackabout. Never met the bloke, but his attitude towards customers is second to none.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home