Author Topic: Re: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2019  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2019
« on: January 01, 2019, 07:36:03 PM »
Good to see the message still not getting through

21yrs old.... blew 0.121, suspended, 195k's

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/it-is-not-rocket-science-p-plater-allegedly-clocked-at-nearly-200km-h-20190101-p50p3d.html

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:08:59 AM by GGV8Cruza »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
Re: Re: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 10:21:48 AM »
PISS POOR EFFORT IN 2018, LETS SEE IF WE CAN DO BETTER IN 2019!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:33:42 AM »
Why do people go miles from anywhere to camp and then have to play music at full volume. We're camping a a few hundred metres from another camper on the other side of the gully.  Dead quite, except for all the sounds of nature, with the odd car every now and then.
Set up the awning, Swags, table and chairs and start cooking and then then music starts. Even worse it was a mix of Irish tunes and bogan country.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 10:50:01 AM »
Quote from: #jonesy
Why do people go miles from anywhere to camp and then have to play music at full volume. We're camping a a few hundred metres from another camper on the other side of the gully.  Dead quite, except for all the sounds of nature, with the odd car every now and then.
Set up the awning, Swags, table and chairs and start cooking and then then music starts. Even worse it was a mix of Irish tunes and bogan country.

I guess everyone goes away for different reasons.. boys weekends etc. Mates of mine went away for boys weekend, had the place to themselves, loved it, then some old fogies turned up, and not camped at the other end of the place, started setting up next to them... Trying to do the right thing - Timbo walked over and said politely that they were there for a boys hair down shindig, beers and music were to be had - this was for the fogies own benefit, they might be better at the other end of the ~several hundred mtr long campground. He was told to **** off and mind his own business. So the music went on, beers were had, old fogies complained, and were ignored. They eventually left. You cant win.

But I do agree, you seem to have to keep going more and more remote to get that serenity these days.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 04:00:31 PM »
I suppose your right   but I thought single 4WD and they were there and quiet when we turned  up  We'd been there a few hours before it started. Their choice if music is probably what did it for me. But it didn't finish early.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 04:25:12 PM »
Quote from: #jonesy
I suppose your right   but I thought single 4WD and they were there and quiet when we turned  up  We'd been there a few hours before it started. Their choice if music is probably what did it for me. But it didn't finish early.

yea country music is worth taking a shot at the car from your camp I'd say..  **** it would be more than enough to make me pack up and far cough to another state....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 06:30:22 PM »
yea country music is worth taking a shot at the car from your camp I'd say..  **** it would be more than enough to make me pack up and far cough to another state....

I must remember that   >:D >:D >:D >:D
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 07:55:32 PM »

So will I , set up, get a beer, put on John Williamson loud, and watch them all far cough.  :cheers: :cheers:

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 08:21:31 PM »
So will I , set up, get a beer, put on John Williamson loud, and watch them all far cough.  :cheers: :cheers:
Ya might end up with Keefy doing his late nite dancing 

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 09:45:38 PM »
I find Bagpipe music  at pretty good volume tends to harmonise well with nature and keep our camp pretty isolated  ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 06:15:21 AM »
I find Bagpipe music  at pretty good volume tends to harmonise well with nature and keep our camp pretty isolated  ;D

If you want plenty of space around your camp, just get the kids to mound up little piles of dirt all over the place and put a little tuft of toilet paper in the top of each one  >:D
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 07:46:09 AM »
If you want plenty of space around your camp, just get the kids to mound up little piles of dirt all over the place and put a little tuft of toilet paper in the top of each one  >:D

The problem with that idea is some people will think that that area is obviously the communal crapper, so will come along & drop one in the middle of it :'(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 08:39:56 AM »
Quote from: xcvator

My Evo built stereo is louder than yours... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imqvLToWH7k I win :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 10:11:34 AM »
Guys, there is a 2019 Rant thread.....
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 10:44:15 AM »
Funny you should say that Spadz,  ;D   Did exactly that many years ago [ and it worked ]  to stop being over run by Back packers [ back in the days before guided  tours / camps  ] each afternoon beach camping on Fraser.
One year we didnt and got over run by 15 truck loads [ 150 grubs ] all crapping / pissing playing up like no tomorrow etc around our camp on the dunes  right in front of us, No more than 20' to 30' away, Blokes / Sheila's didnt matter, just drop the dacks  / squat a turd out / couple of wipes and walk off  without a flinch or burying it .. 
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Hookie

• Tent User
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 01:28:30 PM »
Nothing changes...

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5840020/filthy-campers-leave-wrecked-gear-excrement-at-south-coast-site/?cs=12

People like this are the reason I have to sit on the rim of a stainless steel bowl when I'm away from home field and have an emergency....

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 09:54:46 AM »
I guess everyone goes away for different reasons.. boys weekends etc. Mates of mine went away for boys weekend, had the place to themselves, loved it, then some old fogies turned up, and not camped at the other end of the place, started setting up next to them... Trying to do the right thing - Timbo walked over and said politely that they were there for a boys hair down shindig, beers and music were to be had - this was for the fogies own benefit, they might be better at the other end of the ~several hundred mtr long campground. He was told to **** off and mind his own business. So the music went on, beers were had, old fogies complained, and were ignored. They eventually left. You cant win.

But I do agree, you seem to have to keep going more and more remote to get that serenity these days.

Same thing happened to us, but I was part of the boys weekend. We pick a non-public Holiday/School Holidays  weekend and 25 Guys go to the end of the surf beach on Stradbroke Island because we knew we would be noisy. The beach is virtually empty and we find a spot with no neighbours within 5kms each side. Late the first afternoon a family of 4 pull up and start setting up 20 meters away. We do the right thing and go over and explain we have 25 guys on a boys weekend and they will be noisy. The Father tells us to F off because this is his favourite spot.

11pm he comes over all cranky because of the language/laughing around the camp fire. Lets just say the reply he got wasn’t as polite as when we spoke to him that afternoon. Next morning he packs everything up and moves 2kms down the beach to an equally good spot.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 10:17:15 AM »
Same thing happened to us, but I was part of the boys weekend. We pick a non-public Holiday/School Holidays  weekend and 25 Guys go to the end of the surf beach on Stradbroke Island because we knew we would be noisy. The beach is virtually empty and we find a spot with no neighbours within 5kms each side. Late the first afternoon a family of 4 pull up and start setting up 20 meters away. We do the right thing and go over and explain we have 25 guys on a boys weekend and they will be noisy. The Father tells us to F off because this is his favourite spot.

11pm he comes over all cranky because of the language/laughing around the camp fire. Lets just say the reply he got wasn’t as polite as when we spoke to him that afternoon. Next morning he packs everything up and moves 2kms down the beach to an equally good spot.
ya just cant help some people....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home