Author Topic: Sound Bars for TV  (Read 16402 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Sound Bars for TV
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2018, 09:21:13 PM »
So been a while, what setups do people use these days?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2018, 08:44:12 AM »
I bought this maybe 2 yrs ago.
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/samsung/samsung-hw-n550-3-1ch-soundbar-with-wireless-subwoofer/639712/

bought it cause the speakers in my tv no longer work and was a cheaper option than buying a new LCD.

We watch a fair amount of TV / Movies, but TBH, I dont really care for surround sound and all the fluff. The Sub makes a massive difference to the sound experience. This sound bar does the trick for us
Cheers

Justin

Offline pedrogb

• Tent User
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2018, 09:53:53 AM »
Hi all
We had a Samsung music speaker thingy we used on our 8yo Sony TV, the speaker packed it in, we could only listen to the TV sound for so long. It was terrible, and very difficult to hear the spoken stuff.
I bought a Samsung HW MS 750 on special from JB, after shopping around and watching sales for a month or so. I would have loved to have bought the Sonos or the Bose, but they were both 5 bucks shy of a grand, the samsung was 559. We use the optical connection
Definitely a good investment, sound is much improved, and spoken stuff is much clearer. It will dial down big boom sounds as well if need be. I'm happy with it.
Pedro