Poll

What New 4x4 / SUV would you buy if you had $60K to $70 spend?

New Toyota Prado
48 (47.5%)
New Ford Everest
12 (11.9%)
New Toyota Fortuner
9 (8.9%)
New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport (Challenger)
9 (8.9%)
Other.  Leave a comment with your suggestion
20 (19.8%)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
3 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Looking for a new tow vehicle to replace the X-trail...$70K max and New!!!  (Read 39151 times)

Offline Isuzumu

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Isuzu MU
Re: Looking for a new tow vehicle to replace the X-trail...$70K max and New!!!
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2015, 06:47:24 PM »
Mind you if you're having a mid life crisis and can stretch another $15k or so  8)
http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/2016-range-rover-evoque-convertible-new-car-sales-price-36643?utm_source=cg&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=theguide

Went for a drive in my brothers and it was very nice, they have had it off road and said it went pretty well. Saw one at Double Island Point when we went for a drive during the MySwag get together, it was doing the sand quite well, was high tide as well. But $80K don't think so, my sil wanted an MU-X would have been better value.
Cheers Bruce
2012 Isuzu D.Max
1994 Isuzu Mu
2011 Jayco 17.55 Outback with Cruisemaster Independent Air Suspension
Off road trailer full of camping gear.

HF Radio Club  Sel Call 1955

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2015, 08:43:14 PM »
Never had so much fun thinking about spending all that dough on a tug. Oh well perhaps I'll get some sunnies and shell out for one of these and stick my head out the window of the Zook occasionally-
http://www.hatsbythe100.com.au/mens-drivers-cap-ivy-herringbone-km43-b.html?utm_source=googlepla&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=pla&utm_campaign=pla&gclid=COWdwszUhckCFVglvQodcqQExg
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline landbarge

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2015, 09:37:54 PM »
As the Subject and Question for the Poll suggests....what would you choose and why?  I know I know, I've been around here long enough to know where this thread is headed but I've been waiting 18months for all of the above vehicles to be released (the mitsi is soon) and will be upgrading in the next 6 months or sooner.

Now the dilemma is the X-trail has and is a great little bus.  It's great on fuel, tows fantastic for a car it's size and believe it or not is quite capable off road in the right hands.  We want a little more luxury and room, better off road ability (especially towing the Swan), increased towing capacity and above all not much more fuel use than we are used to.

Go...flame suit on!  >:D >:D >:D

Dave :cheers:
I have a random option.

A bloke in Perth is doing GU Pootrolls with the 1HDTE turbo-diesel engine from the Hunjy. Many killer wasps and many many torques from that monster of an engine...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline chookduck

• Tent User
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2016, 06:59:34 AM »
Cheers. It was already on the list!...Will be checking all the options before diving in.  The old Toyota isn't what it used to be so I'm finding out :( (service wise that is)

Dave
After reading all 6 pages of this thread, and now it's the end of February 2016, and all the "new" wagon models are out, no outcome reached. What is/was your decision Dave?
1994 Landcruiser RV 80 and 2014 Ultimate Xplor, previously a Trak Shak Midway

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
What the Hell! Every Green family needs a his and hers occasionally-
http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/2016-bmw-x5-xdrive40e-review-first-australian-drive-40556?utm_source=cg&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=theguide
although I'm not so sure the grandkiddies will thank us for thinking of them quite like that ;D
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline mrdenn1s

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Dennis Does Cricket
That MU-X engine though.......so damn good.
2014 Blue Water Tanami Soft floor Camper
2000 Landcruiser 105 GXL Inline 6
2011 Kia Sorento

Offline cheif carlos

• Soft Floor Camper User
That MU-X engine though.......so damn good.
I liked the engine but found the auto 'box "clunky" ended up going the Colorado 7 (for better half) for better/smoother Box and cheaper price for extras
Need to get the backside into gear and get out camping