Author Topic: The Great Service Thread  (Read 13545 times)

Offline Mattsglxr

• Tent User
Re: The Great Service Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 10:14:53 PM »
I started having issues with my Uniden 8060s UHF not always sending and receiving recently and contacted them last week, they told me to do a full reset on the unit which I did to no avail. They then told me a Reply paid address and I sent it off last Monday afternoon. Could not believe it when I had a parcel pickup today from them with a brand new unit! I know it was well within the 5yr warranty period but it was super fast service and no mucking around. Very happy with Uniden.

Offline Watty2975

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 07:25:44 PM »
Great result and back up by uniden.
Landcruiser 200 TTD GXL with a few goodies & campomatic camper

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 02:35:18 PM »
Great service from Zordo
Had the truck in for a service and they said my caster correction bushes were stuffed. I don't have the gear to pull it apart to check so thought I would go to see Zordo (where I got my suspension from) and he checked them - all ok. Think mechanic was hunting for extras.
While I was there I asked him to check why the truck was 25mm down on on side. He explained that probably the dual battery was the culprit so he swapped the front springs over (drivers side is longer than passenger) and now all sweet.
No charge for his work either.
Top bloke, top service
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 02:47:59 PM »
Quote from: noel_w
Top bloke, top service

Heaps of good reports about his work over the years from many forums..  :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 02:57:35 PM »
Heaps of good reports about his work over the years from many forums..  :cup:
Wouldn't go anywhere else now. My mate drove up from Tamworth (600K's) to get his Nav done by John and was happy as a pig in poo.
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 02:59:39 PM »
I originally posted this on it's own. But it's worth being here too...

I just wanted to put this out there ok...

I inherited a McHitch with the half an 80 series trailer. For the last year or so... it's been fine.

But the weekend before last, due 100% to user error, I broke off one of the little aligning tabs on the bottom of the hitch "head" unit.

Bugger I thought...

Come Monday morning, jumped online and emailed McHitch. Got an answer back from Joe within minutes.

I asked if the part was available and could I fit it myself. Joe said that he preferred to do the re-builds himself and seeing that they were based in Lithgow, I took a Saturday morning drive out there from the Blue Mountains.

Joe said to come back in an hour. We took the puppy round the corner to the dog park for an hour.

Came back to pick it up...

Joe has totally re-built it. Replaced all pins, grease nipple, head unit and ...

painted it and replaced the McHitch sticker on top.

And all of this for $50

fifty... dollars.

A lot of business people won't get up to scratch their ass for $50.

And Joe totally re-built my 2nd hand McHitch and painted it.
Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=58855.msg1064705#msg1064705
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.
The following users thanked this post: Bird

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »
I originally posted this on it's own. But it's worth being here too...

I just wanted to put this out there ok...

I inherited a McHitch with the half an 80 series trailer. For the last year or so... it's been fine.

But the weekend before last, due 100% to user error, I broke off one of the little aligning tabs on the bottom of the hitch "head" unit.

Bugger I thought...

Come Monday morning, jumped online and emailed McHitch. Got an answer back from Joe within minutes.

I asked if the part was available and could I fit it myself. Joe said that he preferred to do the re-builds himself and seeing that they were based in Lithgow, I took a Saturday morning drive out there from the Blue Mountains.

Joe said to come back in an hour. We took the puppy round the corner to the dog park for an hour.

Came back to pick it up...

Joe has totally re-built it. Replaced all pins, grease nipple, head unit and ...

painted it and replaced the McHitch sticker on top.

And all of this for $50

fifty... dollars.

A lot of business people won't get up to scratch their ass for $50.

And Joe totally re-built my 2nd hand McHitch and painted it.
Good service goes along way... And you'd go there again without question.

Shame it doesn't seem go as far by the jungle drums as bad service.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 07:01:25 PM »
Great service from Zordo
Had the truck in for a service and they said my caster correction bushes were stuffed. I don't have the gear to pull it apart to check so thought I would go to see Zordo (where I got my suspension from) and he checked them - all ok. Think mechanic was hunting for extras.
While I was there I asked him to check why the truck was 25mm down on on side. He explained that probably the dual battery was the culprit so he swapped the front springs over (drivers side is longer than passenger) and now all sweet.
Top bloke, top service
John did the suspension on my 105 series Cruiser...nice guy who doesn't B.S you and great service :cup:
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

KingBilly

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 07:35:33 PM »
... nice guy who doesn't B.S you and great service :cup:

Not many places you get to sit in the workshop chatting with the person doing the job, drink coffee and play with a dog.

KB

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 07:52:27 PM »
Not many places you get to sit in the workshop chatting with the person doing the job, drink coffee and play with a dog.

KB

I know another fourby fitouts in Melbourne

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline latestarter

• Tent User
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2016, 07:06:04 AM »
Not sure it's appropriate here, but I ordered some gear off the net from liteshop.com.au....torches chargers, batteries as xmas presents for family. Anyway, ordered on Wednesday, arrived at my work on Thursday afternoon.... I kid you not.

Now I know the business is based in Sydney as is my work....but the stars must haves  aligned for this to have happened. Anyway... I have no affiliation but have n ver had anything but good service from this business.

Offline rokster72

• Tent User
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2016, 03:11:22 PM »
Shout out for Powerbulbs.com

Ordered some Phillips X-treme Vision +1305 H4's from them in April. Not only was the price about half of anything locally, shipping from the UK was free, and the bulbs arrived here within 2 weeks. But wait, that's not all.. it comes with a free 1-year warranty.. which I got to test this month... emailed them a photo of the bulb with the broken filament, and 2 weeks later 2 new bulbs are in my hand, free of charge, no questions, no haggles.. just good customer service.

Offline Watty2975

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 06:04:38 AM »
Popped into Tyre Power to book in for a balance, rotation and alignment yesterday. The owner looked at my tyres and and told me he wouldn't take my money off me, they were wearing really well and didn't need doing yet.
I often stop in and check them with him and have always extended the life of my tyres. It's nice to get good advice that is not money driven.

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2016, 07:06:41 AM »
We bought a Jet Bunker XL a few weeks ago. A great product IMO.
The first time we packed it up, the stitching on the bag let go on one corner.
(It looked to me like one side of the material hadn't been fully engaged in the seam)
Contacted OzTent. They said to send it back to them for an assessment (at their expense).
A week later, a new bag arrived in the post.

Very happy.... :cup: :cup:
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Watty2975

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2016, 07:11:39 PM »
I have had similar service from Oztnt. Great D any wh back their products.

Offline latestarter

• Tent User
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2017, 02:33:01 PM »
Sydney Suspension at Penrith: Champions

Trying to locate a replacement shock for my camper was more difficult than I had imagined. First company I dealt with, despite me providing all the info required and pictures, sent me a wrong size shock. I returned it and got a refund. I next went to Pedders, which was the manufacturer of the original shock. Despite having the same part numbered shock in stock, it appears the trailer manufacturer had a slightly modified version made for them. From what I could tell, just a different bush on the bottom. The lovely lady behind the counter was of the view that the current production shocks couldn't be re-bushed, but come back another day when joe blow who has worked in R&D is here and he will give you a definitive answer. Not feeling confident, I moved on.

I go to Sydney Suspension and what a breath of fresh air. Dean, is the chap I'm dealing with and he actually took an interest in getting me sorted ... not just selling me something. First thing, he didn't slag off his competitors .. said the Pedders shock was a good one.

He asked me about the trailer and what I was going to be doing with it.  He then sent me away and got me to take some measurements for him, including the distance from the pivot point of the suspension to the mounting point of the shock. Apparently this is important for what valving is used in the shock. (Learn something new every day).

He wanted a second look at the old shock to compare with what he ultimately source for me and offered to reverse courier the shock to him. I didn't take him up on the offer ... but still worth mentioning. Getting the correct bush, requires getting it made. He's let me know that this is happening as I type in Qld and will be couriered down on Monday.

Throughout this process he has been in and out of work dealing with a stomach ulcer. That said, I've been kept informed throughout the process and he even offer to come open the shop up on a Saturday form me if that was more convenient for me at one point.

Should get the shocks next week.

I have no affiliation at all ... just super impressed with the level of service. You know when you just get a sense that someone is doing the right thing and is on top of their game. That's how I feel.

For the effort that has been put in, at the end of the day, they won't be making truck loads of money out of me but I do hope that this posts sends some work their way because they certainly deserve it.

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2017, 06:53:12 AM »
1. Walked into MDC Brisbane yesterday with one weeping shock absorber.

'Very sorry Sir, we have changed to a different shock for your model - here, have four with our compliments'.

Wow.

2. The importer for the Country Comfort HWS was on the MDC owner's forum the other night, asking how everything is. I piped up and said I wanted a longer shower hose and a shower head with an easier to use switch. The owner was overseas but sent their mobile number at 8.00 p.m. and did the deal right then and there - $18 delivered to my door in 3 days.

Boom.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2017, 08:38:00 AM »
Piranha Offroad - Dorset Rd Bayswater

Second time they have saved a weekend for me...
Recently had some work done on the car ready for weekend away somewhere else.

Anyway after the nanna and air cond issue, I was heading off noticed my battery monitor said second batt was right down.. Couldn't see anything wrong so last resort thought the dual battery gig might have lunched itself.

It was late in the day and I thought I was pushing my luck, but pulled in there and explained the situation, and the guys there were straight into it. No questions asked.

45mins later after pulling the system apart and testing everything he pin pointed an earth issue - and he was right.. Captain Fukstain who worked on the car the week before hadn't bolted the earth strap back on.
So we bolted it back up,. retested and  ;D ;D ;D.

I asked how much and the bloke said ' no charge'...   :cup: :cup:

They may not be the cheapest system on earth but they work + with service like that, I'm happy to pay up.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 06:05:14 PM »
You'll need to sit down for this.
BUT

Beleive it or not!

I can give compliments to telstra, for great service.
Sadly I lost my Dad, unexpectedly, he had a new phone and interweb contract, 6 months old. I went into the shop to ask what needs to be done, they gave a form to fill in, and an envelope etc and details to send it to.
In next to not time they have given a reply saying the contract is cancelled and final bill on the way. Also, I can reuse his phone and so on for one of my kids etc.
Out of all the stuff needed to be done when sorting a deceased estate these guys are the easiest to deal with by far.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
Great Service from Safety Dave
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 06:33:42 PM »
Hi,
   After a reversing incident that cracked some fibreglass, it was obvious that a reversing camera would have prevented the damage.
A bit of research and a phone call outlining my needs, and a bit more research and I ordered a pair of cameras and a monitor from Saftey Dave on Friday after noon.

Stone the crows! It arrived on Monday from Melbourne.

Good Service!

Opening the package and preparing for a bench test, I noticed one of the plugs had a bent pin. Now I was happy to try and straighten it but thought I should ring and let them know.

No way!
They would send out a replacement straight away, and I could keep the bent one as a spare.

It arrived the next day!

Now that is good service.

cheers
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:07:18 PM by austastar »

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2017, 07:07:37 AM »
Massive thanks to Black Diamond for getting the wife's car back on the road yesterday. With a call to him on the weekend he had all parts needed in a day and got it all together and back in the road with minimal fuss.

Anyone wanting mechanical or tyres for their vehicle in Melbourne or trailer should get in contact with BD

GG

Offline lochgilphead

• Tent User
  • Disgruntled by work; Gruntled by camping
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2017, 02:06:50 PM »
Big thank you to the guys at Blingwork Automotive Lighting in Clayton.  Purchased an LED headlight upgrade and rang them because I couldn't install it.  As it turned out I had the wrong size (my fault not theirs) so they asked if I could come back to the showroom.  They had a look, realised the problem and installed the gear for me at no charge.  Secured the LED drivers with double sided tape and cable ties and tidied everything up when they finished.  They weren't the cheapest around but the customer service was exceptional.  Thanks guys.  Mac  :cheers: :cheers:
Mac and Jen - Isuzu MUX with some small mods towing a Rhinomax Discovery. This is our rig until we stop travelling!!

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2017, 02:58:33 PM »
Photo Bucket.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.