Author Topic: Hybrid Camper  (Read 6301 times)

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
Hybrid Camper
« on: December 31, 2019, 03:47:53 PM »
Hi all, Just seen this looks good for the money, Star Vision Hydra CX1, have no idea where its made, craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer
The following users thanked this post: stephenh1235

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Re: Hybrid Camper
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »
https://starvision.com.au/hydra-cx1/   Here ya go Chicom generic Lifestle clone camper ..Hopefuly with a reasonable build quality for those that shell out the $$$ .. Cheap enough though . Beats paying that for a tent on a trailer .
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 04:42:01 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: stephenh1235, Craig Tomkinson

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 07:09:23 PM »
Thanks Mr edz, Craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 11:02:56 AM »
nice photoshop work on the brand logos in the pic...  ;D

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.0
2 x titanium fatbikes with 4.8" tyres

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 07:51:40 PM »
Thanks Craig for this post ,

It has me thinking that it may be time for me to change the way I go camping .

I like the look of the Galaxy PX1 .
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline rockman

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Live ... then don't
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 06:30:45 AM »
Thanks Craig for this post ,

It has me thinking that it may be time for me to change the way I go camping .

I like the look of the Galaxy PX1 .

got an as new lifestyle breakaway ultra up for sale in about 2-3 weeks .. done next to nothing , 2019 model with alot of extra's

just put it for sale
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:10:25 PM by rockman »

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 09:12:24 AM »
got an as new lifestyle breakaway ultra up for sale in about 2-3 weeks .. done next to nothing , 2019 model with alot of extra's

Hi Jim ,

I am interested in the Galaxy mainly because of the bunk bed setup . I have the grandchildren living with me and 2 of them are still a little young to be outside .

Offline rockman

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Live ... then don't
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 10:26:38 AM »
All good
The following users thanked this post: duggie

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 09:00:21 AM »
Well I have bit the bullet and bought a new Starvision Galaxy PX1 Hybrid camp trailer .

I have not seen in the flesh what I have bought but from what I have seen and what I have heard , I think that it will meet the requirements that I want .

The trailer will be leaving the Brisbane showroom on Monday and be delivered to a trucking depot either in Cairns or Townsville ready for me to pick up next Saturday .

https://www.facebook.com/StarVisionCampers/photos/pcb.1958226200947398/1958215100948508/?type=3&theater

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 10:53:32 AM »
Thats a pretty cool lookin bit of kit Duggie  8)

So wheres the maiden voyage going to be?
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline whitey001

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 11:43:32 AM »
Had a look through their showroom a few weeks ago.  Overall not too bad but there are a few things I thought could be finished off a bit better or protected better.  Varied between the different models.  Most of what I saw would be easy enough to fix up yourself and for the price they were still good value for what you get.  They nearly tick the boxes for us but still not quite right.  Would need to work out what we could compromise on.

Al.
2015 MU-X LST
2019 Jayco Journey 15.48-5

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2020, 02:24:38 PM »
Very nice!

a trucking depot either in Cairns or Townsville

to home, I reckon! ;D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2020, 03:18:39 PM »
Thats a pretty cool lookin bit of kit Duggie  8)

Very nice!

to home, I reckon! ;D

Spot on there fizzie .

I will have to go through everything that I now have within the Trackabout and sort out what to carry over into the new unit . It will be a week or two befor I will take the Galaxy out for its first camping trip , as yet I have not put any thought as to where .

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2020, 04:30:46 PM »
Well I have bit the bullet and bought a new Starvision Galaxy PX1 Hybrid camp trailer ....

Congrats duggie.... :cup: :cup:

:cheers:
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Clevohead

• Swag User
  • Star Vision CX1 Hybrid Owner
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2020, 04:38:20 PM »
Well I have bit the bullet and bought a new Starvision Galaxy PX1 Hybrid camp trailer .

I have not seen in the flesh what I have bought but from what I have seen and what I have heard , I think that it will meet the requirements that I want .

The trailer will be leaving the Brisbane showroom on Monday and be delivered to a trucking depot either in Cairns or Townsville ready for me to pick up next Saturday .

https://www.facebook.com/StarVisionCampers/photos/pcb.1958226200947398/1958215100948508/?type=3&theater

So how have you gone with the Star Vision Duggie? Understanding you have probably been limited to testing, but I am curious as to how you have found the quality etc...? The wife and I are looking at the CX1 hybrid, and just looking at what I can find online they might actually be a pretty good thing :)

Offline Clevohead

• Swag User
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 04:44:19 PM »

So how have you gone with the Star Vision Duggie? Understanding you have probably been limited to testing, but I am curious as to how you have found the quality etc...? The wife and I are looking at the CX1 hybrid, and just looking at what I can find online they might actually be a pretty good thing :)

Offline drazza

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 04:10:07 PM »
Looks the same as the EMU hybrid.

https://emucampers.com.au/cars/xtraveller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PMX Off Road Camper Trailer

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 07:22:12 PM »
Sorry Clevohead ,

I missed your post so I am sorry for the late reply .

The Starvision Galaxy PX1 that I have bought is in my opinion great value for money.

Yes they are made overseas , finished off in Australia , Gas and electrical  are Australian fitted and so all works as it should .

The trailer tows very well other than the weight when pulling up hills , you do not really notice that it is behind you .

A few small things could probably be better as in the finish but nothing that needs money spent , and most if not all can/could do the little things . Really it depends how fussy you are .

Set up time is only 5 to 10 minutes , the awning is very easy to set up and put away with 2 people , can be done with 1 person , the electric actuators lift the roof .

I turfed the innerspring matters , too bloody hard for my liking . Pulled the old one out of my Trackabout , selling the Trackabout with the new innerspring .

First trip was Tinaroo dam , rained . Water did leak between the awning and trailer , also had small seepage into inner roof area . Both are getting fixed by Starvision . I believe that these are been look into by Starvision and are been better sealed before selling new trailers .

I have been posting a few things that I have been changing on the Starvision facebook site .   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/756072018236974/ 

search up Doug Collett you may find some of the stuff that I have posted .
The following users thanked this post: Clevohead

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2020, 08:16:34 PM »
Looks the same as the EMU hybrid.

https://emucampers.com.au/cars/xtraveller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep very similar to the Starvision Galaxy PX! , different front box section , same internals even same rims  .

5 grand dearer than the Starvision .

Electrics are a little different

Offline Clevohead

• Swag User
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 09:56:38 AM »
Sorry Clevohead ,

The Starvision Galaxy PX1 that I have bought is in my opinion great value for money.

Yes they are made overseas , finished off in Australia , Gas and electrical  are Australian fitted and so all works as it should .

The trailer tows very well other than the weight when pulling up hills , you do not really notice that it is behind you .

A few small things could probably be better as in the finish but nothing that needs money spent , and most if not all can/could do the little things . Really it depends how fussy you are .

Set up time is only 5 to 10 minutes , the awning is very easy to set up and put away with 2 people , can be done with 1 person , the electric actuators lift the roof .

I turfed the innerspring matters , too bloody hard for my liking . Pulled the old one out of my Trackabout , selling the Trackabout with the new innerspring .

First trip was Tinaroo dam , rained . Water did leak between the awning and trailer , also had small seepage into inner roof area . Both are getting fixed by Starvision . I believe that these are been look into by Starvision and are been better sealed before selling new trailers .

I have been posting a few things that I have been changing on the Starvision facebook site .   

Cheers for that, yeah we ended up selling our '84 Dove, and have put some coin down on a CX1, the missus was in love with that layout, and the ease of setup, and considering the kids now have and prefer their swags it doesn't matter if it more suited to a couple. I have spent a bit of time on the phone with the rep in Melbourne, and we will be the first CX1 in Tassie, so I reckon he will be doubly making sure it is all sweet before shipping over :)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 11:41:24 AM »
Sorry Clevohead ,

How are they fixing the problem?  Do they have a dealer here in Cairns or Townsville?
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2020, 04:40:54 PM »

How are they fixing the problem?  Do they have a dealer here in Cairns or Townsville?

Between Starvision and myself we have came to a solution that is workable .

Starvision are freighting up to me ( at their cost )new ceiling panels, sealant, pop rivets and everything required to fix the problem , including a pictorial on how they did this . We have come to an agreed compensation payment as well and I will do the repairs at home in my shed . 

Starvision has been very good with the whole issue , they did contact a caravan repair business in Cairns , but he had a change of mind when I rang him . They then found a guy in Townsville who said that he could do the repair , I was not that happy having to do a 400km each way trip twice , plus this bloke has not been in contact with me in over 6 weeks .

Starvision did look at freighting the needed materials to my address and flying up their workers to do the repair , but cost was too high .