Author Topic: 4WD Super Center?  (Read 17124 times)

Offline nick_4x4

• Tent User
    • Xiam Design and Hosting
4WD Super Center?
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:47:10 AM »
Australian 4WD Action
An exciting new way to buy 4WD and camping gear is here!
Prices reduced by up to 34%.
Huge range of brands.
Capped price shipping only $9.95 on everything, Australia wide.
So get online and check out their fantastic launch special and amazing low prices now.
www.4wdsupacentre.com.au - Make this your home page!

Just had this posted up on my facebook wall.

Took 1 look and noticed its the same as tigerz11, are they changing names or just setting up a second online store?
2004 GU Patrol 3.0TD - 2010 Ezytrail

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: 4WD Super Center?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 10:50:10 AM »
Just had this posted up on my facebook wall.

Took 1 look and noticed its the same as tigerz11, are they changing names or just setting up a second online store?
didnt they buy Tigerz... ???
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

scarps

4WD Super Center?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
didnt they buy Tigerz... ???
Not sure if this helps or confuses the item more, but here's a letter I received in the mail on this.
Seems the planned Roothy 4wd Fanchise Stores that I was soooooo looking forward to, has been replaced by these 4WDSupacentres.
Roothy's - the 4WD franchise that never was.........

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:37:28 PM by scarps »

Offline 02-SR5

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »
Yep,

It is all over the place now. They are called "Roothy's 4WD superstore". My guess all the Tigerz11 outlets now have a name change. 5% of all profit goes to the "don't lock up Aust" party.

Having been burnt by buying a camper trailer these guys endorsed, I wouldn't touch anything with their name or any EMG endorsed product. They are cheap quality and borderline dangerous.

Buyer beware is all I can say. Do your homework.
2011 Challenger with some mods

2012 Lifestyle Explorer

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »
Not sure if this helps or confuses the item more, but here's a letter I received in the mail on this.
Seems the planned Roothy 4wd Fanchise Stores that I was soooooo looking forward to, has been replaced by these 4WDSupacentres.
Roothy's - the 4WD franchise that never was.........

what about the handbrake and 20 slabs of XXXX he will need per opening, and per day for his DLUAsional.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

scarps

4WD Super Center?
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 02:25:55 PM »
what about the handbrake and 20 slabs of XXXX he will need per opening, and per day for his DLUAsional.
I had to read the letter 4 or 5 times before I really understood what they were saying.  Clearly I don't talk Roothyenglish.
He has my support with DLUA, but the whole EMG group of businesses seem to be in a bit of disarray.

Going to the 4WD show, no we've been banned, no we forgot to book, it's OK we'll do our own show at Tigerz11 in Lilydale, but wait, we'll call it Roothy's, hang on, no we'll call it 4WD Supacentre and here's $20 to shop with us, that when i typed the promo code into a online purchase, rejected the code.  All got too hard.  I've bought my tree trunk protector and ext strap on ebay.  Much easier.

If anyone wants the $20 voucher, PM me and I'll post it to you.

Offline markpeh

• Swag User
4WD Super Center?
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »
Always thought it a shame that roothy was paid to promote a certain brand camper when his personal one was a trackabout. $ talk

Offline 02-SR5

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 05:25:55 PM »
About 10 years ago it was reputable Australian companies sponsoring the trips. Roothy and his mates were flogging tried and proven products.

Now, it is Chinese this and Chinese that. Notice his own personal family vehicles had all the hand me down ARB and TJM gear.

It is only the DVD cars fitted with this crap, not their personal cars.
2011 Challenger with some mods

2012 Lifestyle Explorer

Offline Squalo

• "Two Wheels Good"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 09:01:26 AM »
My personal recommendation is to steer clear of anything to do with these people.

It's a shame because up until a few years ago they had done a lot of positive things for the offroading/touring community - yes, they also made some not so positive contributions, but like anything you have to take the bad with the good - but then they dropped any pretense of industry support and went for the cash grab.

There's plenty of options out there folks, and many of them are better - and more sustainable - than the rubbish peddled by this mob.
2007 Jimboomba Maddison Staircase
1995 GQ DX Patrol TD42

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 10:02:35 AM »
I wonder if they reead these forums as there are a lot of topics on multiple forums.
Never seen a reply from them though. Maybe they are writing a letter now coming from their lawyer, like the one company-who-cannot-be-named.
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 10:03:40 AM »
My personal recommendation is to steer clear of anything to do with these people.

It's a shame because up until a few years ago they had done a lot of positive things for the offroading/touring community - yes, they also made some not so positive contributions, but like anything you have to take the bad with the good - but then they dropped any pretense of industry support and went for the cash grab.
Vote 1 Muz!!!!!  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Cracker74

• Sleeping Bag User
  • Looking forward to pre-season 2014
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 08:53:14 AM »
wow, really :-[
2013 Triton MN
2013 Lifestyle Walkthrough Deluxe

scarps

4WD Super Center?
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »
I've now got 2 of their $20 off vouchers if anyone wants them. Received another one in this month's 4x4action mag.

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 03:24:40 PM »

There's plenty of options out there folks, and many of them are better - and more sustainable - than the rubbish peddled by this mob.

Absolutely.  :cup:
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/