Author Topic: A Current Affair  (Read 5019 times)

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
A Current Affair
« on: February 03, 2014, 07:06:58 PM »
Firstly, I always thought that this show was 10 x better than Today Tonight, but it now looks like it a race to the bottom of the journalistic cr@pper!

Apparently Channel 7 have axed Today Tonight on the Eastern Seaboard, and after tonight's effort, surely Channel 9 should be looking to put on re-runs of an American or Brittish sit com, instead of putting the viewers through the one sided dribble that they started with tonight!

Firstly they confront a 'Life Saver' who got into a fight with 2 x bogans, but instead of let him defend himself, they kept cutting him off, showing the same scrappy footage of the bogans baiting him up, and then him taking a swing (on his day off). The entire segment was so one sided, it was difficult to watch. I am sure this fella will loose his job, weather he deserves to or not.

Second topic, is about public housing, and how the NSW govt is now deducting rent from the Housos centrelink payments each week ... A bloody good move that should be compulsory across the country, but then they interview a heap of civil libertarians that think this is bad, because the ferals should be able to spend their money how ever they want,,,, forgetting that its not really their money, its mine!

I turned it off, and after this, won't be turning it back on. EVER.
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: A Current Affair
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 08:03:12 PM »
gaveup watching that show years ago.  They wouldn't know journalism if they fell in it
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Brumbypt

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Trailers, trailers, trailers, trailers..
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 08:07:26 PM »
They need to get rid of larry ember and the other fool that does weekend sunrise too.

Peter,
iPad with IOS 7.0.4 using Tapatalk HD
1993 80 series landcruiser

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:10:02 PM »
Firstly, I always thought that this show was 10 x better than Today Tonight, but it now looks like it a race to the bottom of the journalistic cr@pper!

Apparently Channel 7 have axed Today Tonight on the Eastern Seaboard, and after tonight's effort, surely Channel 9 should be looking to put on re-runs of an American or Brittish sit com, instead of putting the viewers through the one sided dribble that they started with tonight!

Firstly they confront a 'Life Saver' who got into a fight with 2 x bogans, but instead of let him defend himself, they kept cutting him off, showing the same scrappy footage of the bogans baiting him up, and then him taking a swing (on his day off). The entire segment was so one sided, it was difficult to watch. I am sure this fella will loose his job, weather he deserves to or not.

Second topic, is about public housing, and how the NSW govt is now deducting rent from the Housos centrelink payments each week ... A bloody good move that should be compulsory across the country, but then they interview a heap of civil libertarians that think this is bad, because the ferals should be able to spend their money how ever they want,,,, forgetting that its not really their money, its mine!

I turned it off, and after this, won't be turning it back on. EVER.
After all these years of rubbish on that show I think its funny you expected anything more..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Tractor88

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »
While they are at it I wish they would give the spear to that idiot Koshi on the Sunrise program as well. What a tosser.  :cheers:

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »
Ch 9 was No. 1 for years when Packer was at the helm, now it's just gone to the dogs!!

They can't start ANY program ON TIME after 7.30pm and I don't know why advertisers waste their money with them.

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 08:55:07 PM »
I started watching 4 Corners of a Saturday night when I was about 10, in the mid 1960s, as a deferral of being the last kid into the Saturday night bath.  it was far better in black and white than any of the commercials are in digital colour.
Also remember This Day Tonight, when it would go ahead with interviews of opposing politicians at the same time.  I remember one occasion when a state pollie reneged.  the segment went ahead, with one empty chair!  LOL!!!
IMO the public TV current affairs program's have always been miles ahead of the commercial ratings driven versions.
However, I agree that in K. Packer's day ACA was probably the best commercial current affairs program the country has seen, and was up there with 4 Corners, etc.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 09:02:38 PM »
News Flash ........
 Man & His family Stake Claim on Federal Soil . Land Rights
no not really a bloke & his family set up camp in CT on a river bank for a quiet weekend . after himself & his wife have worked 160 hours last week to pay tax , family needs , mortgage , food , school expenses & dog food   .
    W  A  K  E  R  S  E  R  S   8) 8) 8) 8)
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 09:59:06 PM »
But next week they are going to show us how to save thousands of $$ in interest off my credit card and then another story on the neighbours from hell (for the upteenth time). Gotta tune in for that!
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 10:20:28 PM »
Gotta tune in for that!

I'm not going to!
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline McTavish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 11:38:11 PM »
Trial by media - welcome to the new platform of 'justice'.   Did you notice how there were three blokes and a woman (to video the confrontation) there.   How would anyone feel about being outnumbered like that - trouble makers find trouble - with a 2 second acknowledgment that the pair have a history of bating the guy into arguments.   
Yes - these shows do find some slimy guys who rip others off occasionally but this was not journalism...  When the local police and the local doctor write them off and it's a small town - they obviously have reputations...  Agreed Poga... My blue moon viewing of this time slot validated yet again.   Back to reading my 'unread posts' on My Swag!!
Vacation Camper & McTavish surfboard - what more does a guy need??

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 03:54:54 AM »
I'm astounded anyone watches that crap.  I haven't watched TT or ACA in years and years.  Actually come to think of it last time I watched a current affairs program on commercial TV Derryn Hinch was still on air, and I didn't think much of him either.
Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13

Offline Toy pradopetty

• Tent User
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 04:55:46 AM »
I'm with Symon. Cannot recall the last time I watched any of the media journalism garbage. Even the news- I don't race to watch it anymore. All they want is ratings and a story that gets people talking is good for the ratings. As for the truth- well we won't let that get in the way of a good story will we mmmmm bunch of TV clowns

Cheers
Frank

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 05:27:32 AM »
I'm astounded anyone watches that crap.  I haven't watched TT or ACA in years and years.  Actually come to think of it last time I watched a current affairs program on commercial TV Derryn Hinch was still on air, and I didn't think much of him either.
X2
Been about that long for me also. 60 Minutes is another one sided current affairs show that I can't stand either.

Offline Watty2975

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 05:34:29 AM »
I find it particularly interesting when there is social backlash for some of their rubbish "reporting" and then they spend 10 minutes justifying and defending their position and journalistic integrity. It has simply become Jerry Springer journalism.
Landcruiser 200 TTD GXL with a few goodies & campomatic camper

Offline Crimso

• Tent User
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 06:10:01 AM »
If the govt manages to quash the ABC, this will be the quality of "journalism" we can expect.
http://www.myswag.org/gallery/d/19406-2/Burrum+Camp.jpg

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 06:19:00 AM »
If the govt manages to quash the ABC, this will be the quality of "journalism" we can expect.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 06:26:59 AM »
Quote from: Toy pradopetty
All they want is ratings and a story that gets people talking is good for the ratings. As for the truth- well we won't let that get in the way of a good story will we mmmmm bunch of TV clowns
Great point!! Why should the news be involved in any ratings ? its supposed to be honest, and NEWS.. Not 10mins on some Royal family member wore the wrong coloured hat with her undies...

And whats with the "FIRST AT x"... who cares who is first with it ??? everyone will have it within 10 mins of them having it anyway.

year or 2 ago didn't channel 10 try a REAL Current affairs show - no dodgey plumbers etc.. but it never took off... Shows how ****ed people have become and what they expect.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:30:34 AM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline westvic

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 06:27:49 AM »
In the mid 90s I watched Rob Sitch and co. on Frontline. Have never been able to watch shows of this type since.
Getting there if half the fun

The other half is a cold beer when you do.

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 07:10:52 PM »
Ch 9 was No. 1 for years when Packer was at the helm, now it's just gone to the dogs!!

They can't start ANY program ON TIME after 7.30pm and I don't know why advertisers waste their money with them.

Mate,  even the dogs don't want it. 

My advice is   ....   don't whinge ... just change channel ... there will be something equally as pointless to watch on almost every station.  Try ABC or SBS and invest in a "television recorder" .... that way you can tape the good stuff and watch it when there is nothing on whilst you are there ready to watch.

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 07:35:23 PM »
But next week they are going to show us how to save thousands of $$ in interest off my credit card and then another story on the neighbours from hell (for the upteenth time). Gotta tune in for that!

Don't forget when they do the comparo's on nutritional value of margarines....... big brands vs homebrand etc,,,,,,,, riveting stuff!!!!!!
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!