Author Topic: Automatic gates installer Brisbane  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Automatic gates installer Brisbane
« on: November 12, 2018, 06:37:56 AM »
Does anyone know someone or can recommend a company in Brisbane that does automatic gates. I recently built some metal gates (steel frame and colourbond) for my carport, now thinking might be an idea to have them automated, so after a company that does such things to get a price from. Will just google if I have to, but thought i’d check here first if anyone does it or can recommend someone.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Automatic gates installer Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 07:03:47 AM »
Just a thought... anyway you can use a garage door remote thingo from the big green shed? You're a smart fella I reckon you could adapt it for a gate. Might be cheaper too. Just sayin'.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »
Q Power at SPRINGWOOD do our commercial/industrial gate automation work. Hills fencing will build the gates etc if you need them. Q Power are good guys.

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 10:31:15 AM »
.........or maybe a solar setup. My BIL installed one and, if he can do it, anyone can!!

Hmm, perhaps you mean a sliding, rather than swinging, setup?
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »
We have used these guys. Competent and reliable.

https://automaticgatesystems.com.au

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 04:26:23 PM »
 :cheers: for those companies names, will look into them...as to needing gates, I already have them fitted and swinging, just thought depending on the cost I may automate them.
Regarding the solar thing.... it was suggested to me this arvo by a relo, but it sees practically no sun in that area due to neighbours trees and where the carport is in relation to our house.

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 06:47:12 PM »
I'll chase up with the other half who we used - was 7ish years ago so I don't recall off the top of my head. We installed it all ourselves and just bought the gate motor from the company, but it's a quality product. It wasn't particularly difficult to install. Takes a bit of time and fiddling around...

EDIT: OK, here's the company we used: http://www.automaticsolutions.com.au (as per previously recommended 😉)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:32:24 PM by trinityalyce »
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 07:42:12 PM »

I'll chase up with the other half who we used - was 7ish years ago so I don't recall off the top of my head. We installed it all ourselves and just bought the gate motor from the company, but it's a quality product. It wasn't particularly difficult to install. Takes a bit of time and fiddling around...
:cheers: ...I have no real interest in installing them myself (will need 2 motors), even though I likely could fairly easily. I renovate other people’s houses every day of the week and don’t particularly want to work on my own house on the weekends....like I did this weekend just gone, where I installed a new exhaust fan in the bathroom, clad the carport gates in corrugated iron and trim pieces, then removed the old and installed a new canopy rangehood in our kitchen after it burnt out on Friday night...and that’s after last weekend where I spent half of Sunday helping install new ceiling fans in our house, which included me crawling through our roof several times on a 35 degree day.
I say i’m not interested in installing them myself, but I haven’t got a price yet, so my attitude might change...lol.

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »
  :cheers: ...I have no real interest in installing them myself (will need 2 motors), even though I likely could fairly easily. I renovate other people’s houses every day of the week and don’t particularly want to work on my own house on the weekends....like I did this weekend just gone, where I installed a new exhaust fan in the bathroom, clad the carport gates in corrugated iron and trim pieces, then removed the old and installed a new canopy rangehood in our kitchen after it burnt out on Friday night...and that’s after last weekend where I spent half of Sunday helping install new ceiling fans in our house, which included me crawling through our roof several times on a 35 degree day.
I say i’m not interested in installing them myself, but I haven’t got a price yet, so my attitude might change...lol.

Fair call. I refuse to paint at our place now after spending countless hours on it (we have a Queenslander. Painting is an ongoing effort - when you finally forget how bad it was to do last time it's about due to do again!). So I completely understand!

We did the gate at the same time we overhauled the entire front yard - redid the front fence, built a carport with associated concreting (we have buried the power supply etc.) and had the time off work specifically for the big project, so it wasn't that big of a deal adding on the installation at that time.
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 09:18:10 PM »
Seeing as you need 2 doors opened, find someone installing 12V actuators.
I have a feeling you'll be installing them yourself when you find out the money companies charge for this sort of thing !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra