Author Topic: What Made You Smile - 2022  (Read 77153 times)

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: What Made You Smile - 2022
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2022, 07:28:25 PM »
Nope it is here already, spewing out of our unis like Deakin, Monash and Melbourne.

Articles are popping into our news media roughly fortnightly. It is the start of the creep  of getting embedded into "right think" before becoming compulsory.

teaching what to think, not how to think
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2022, 08:38:15 PM »
60’s and 70’s all over again. Don’t think for yourself, we can do that for you :-[. Vietnam vets, their choice to go over there and kill children, ask any protester from 1967 onwards, they were told what to think about the war by radicals who knew nothing!!!
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2022, 09:18:43 PM »
nasty killer 4wds enjoying the beach

No wonder this is on the shortlist of the planet’s most beautiful beaches. Alas, in peak season much of the beach’s 12km is a gigantic expressway/carpark for four-wheel-drives. It is a uniquely South Australian travesty that huge carbon emitting leisure machines are legally invited to trash this glorious place for the convenience of their owners.

Interstate and international visitors alike are aghast
It would involve a big culture shift, as vehicular access to the beach is promoted as an attraction, but could there not be a business opening for electric mountain bike hire? Fishing rods and picnic hampers could still be carried on a bike.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/rachel-healy-robe-was-never-on-our-radar-but-it-has-been-a-great-discovery/news-story/522f6d817ff539937ab59eb273f8b7f3
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2022, 07:03:29 AM »
I've, at time to time, been seeking out some contact with the family of the original owners of the Fleetwood over the past years.
I've turned up some history, but always wanted to get more..... even a contact with a family member. 

Its looking like i might've hit pay dirt a week ago.
It really started to snowball yesterday.

I have a really lovely African/American fellow who knew of the Blakeley's.
He also knew their son.
He's going miles out of his way to help me with calls and emails all around the USA for me.
I'm hoping to make contact with the son soon. (He was 6 years old in 1964)

Turns out, the original owners were African/American too, as well as the second owner. (I spoke with him several years ago)
I would think, without trying sound like a racist prick, not too many black family's would buy and own a brand new Cadillac Fleetwood in 1964.

Then kept it for 45 years.....  ???

I love digging up history of motor cars.

Doesn't make them worth 1 cent extra, but is very cool.
Even just the fact, Astrid and i are the first white folks to own that car.

Oh well, i reckon its pretty cool and its making me smile.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 07:06:58 AM by Jeepers Creepers »
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.
The following users thanked this post: NZMarkb

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2022, 07:27:41 AM »
the original owners were African/American too, as well as the second owner. (I spoke with him several years ago)
I would think, without trying sound like a racist prick, not too many black family's would buy and own a brand new Cadillac Fleetwood in 1964.

Yeah, I'd agree that would be a bit out of the ordinary ???

What were they / what did they do back then ???

& what's with the OctoPussy ???
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2022, 08:51:56 AM »
Your going to need a bigger Octopus  than that to mess with a Caddy ..   " Nope forget that, mess with the caddy and your going to need a bigger Octopus to deal with its owner "   ;D ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2022, 10:31:14 AM »
Incitec Pivot making 3 million litres of Ad-Blue a week .... enough for 75% of the countries needs.. thats one B-double every 20 minutes

Amazing what a country can do when it needs to And just like that we dont rely on China for it, **** sakes ... how easy was that
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2022, 12:14:32 PM »
My 6 yro grandson tackling the build of " My Birthday " present  a Big scale Lego Mustang kit  from him and his mum,, 200 friggen pages of instructions, luckily with photos  ..
Atleast it will keep him occupied for a while ..  He does 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles pretty qick too the little Shit .. Ive got one I started 15 years ago somewhere, I might have to drag out for him to finish ..  8) ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 12:22:44 PM by edz »

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2022, 12:20:11 PM »
Incitec Pivot making 3 million litres of Ad-Blue a week .... enough for 75% of the countries needs.. thats one B-double every 20 minutes

Amazing what a country can do when it needs to And just like that we dont rely on China for it, **** sakes ... how easy was that

And all the Doomsdayers carrying on about how we are going to face starvation and rationing etc ..Nup, just get of ya collective arses and "  HOOK IN   "  and just do it .. Dont worry about the Pollticaly correct BullShit and the Rainbow fairies need protection crap till after your up and running strong again  ..

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2022, 12:40:10 PM »
My 6 yro grandson tackling the build of " My Birthday " present  a Big scale Lego Mustang kit  from him and his mum,, 200 friggen pages of instructions, luckily with photos  ..
Atleast it will keep him occupied for a while ..  He does 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles pretty qick too the little Shit .. Ive got one I started 15 years ago somewhere, I might have to drag out for him to finish ..  8) ;D
thats one of those Supercars isnt it? :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2022, 12:55:46 PM »

& reading the article:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-24/australian-adblue-produduction-increases-after-shortage/100778316

"IPL will continue to produce 3 million litres per week for now, but Mr Hacking has questioned how long term supplies will be secured.

"The ongoing challenge is what happens in the medium and long term when this IPL deals comes to an end," he said.

It is something that government and industry are still trying to work through, with the government looking at whether supplies can be secured from the Middle East.

FFS, why ??? >:(

We've just shown we can turn around in the space of several weeks & make the stuff ourselves, why would you be looking at going offshore again ???

Until now, the majority of Australia's supplies came from China. Mr Hacking said diversification was essential.

"The lesson out of this is that for such a critical good we can't just rely on one country to supply it," he said.

"We need to diversify as much as possible, and as much as possible onshore."

& just long have we all been saying that ??? ::)
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline DandyD

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2022, 12:58:24 PM »

I’ll see your Mustang birthday present and raise you my Lego Land Rover Defender birthday present with 500 frigging pages of instructions.

I haven’t started it yet and it’s driving my wife mad. She wants to “help”. As in she builds it for me.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2022, 01:37:57 PM »
^^^^ ;D ;D ;D 8) Didnt know they did a Landy ..  Camel trophy style ?? EDIT : 90 Camel trophy ..  :cup: cool $330 AU  price tag not so cool   :o
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:42:24 PM by edz »

Offline DandyD

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2022, 07:54:39 PM »
^^^^ ;D ;D ;D 8) Didnt know they did a Landy ..  Camel trophy style ?? EDIT : 90 Camel trophy ..  :cup: cool $330 AU  price tag not so cool   :o

My nephew worked part time at a Lego shop so I suspect it was bought with a staff discount. He’s given it up now to concentrate fully on his uni studies. Much to the dismay of his siblings and cousins.

Offline Brij

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2022, 08:30:46 PM »

And at 4 x the price.

Once Chinese production of fertilser products ramp up again the Adblue importers will be undercutting Incitec again and fhe cycle continues.
NX Pajero
NJ Pajero (semi retired  to firewood harvesting duties)
Home made camper

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2022, 08:35:51 PM »
 Seeing Dylan Alcott being named the 2022 Australian of the year, and that he had smile on his face when next to the Prime Minister.

Oh and I loved the moment when accepting his award, he made light of the crowd's standing ovation.

"I think standing ovations are one of the most ironic things in the world, by the way. But I'll take them, without a doubt," he joked

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2022, 08:48:51 PM »
Windows 11:
With every Windows update I lose more control of my own system. Processes I cannot kill off when they hang (because as full Admin I don't have authorization) services I cannot change (because you really didn't mean to do that. we at Microsoft know better than you) and the endless invasive telemetry to the point where Powershell fails to open promptly if there is no Internet connection.

Windows is no longer a Operating System. It is a personal data gathering utility tied to profit making similar to crypto currency miners. The more you use it, the more data MS has to sell on to its partners.  ;D ;D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bigpickle

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2022, 10:16:29 PM »
Go to Linux Mint. Costs nothing, works perfectly.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2022, 02:30:31 PM »
Old mates ingenuity ..Cant afford to buy a flash camper, Door on left rear, 8 x 5 type of trailer a bit of ACP  sheet and built one, then Voila home away from home camper trailer .. Got solar  and the works ..
O'l mate lives in it permanantly ..
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:38:10 PM by edz »

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2022, 05:25:07 PM »
Actually I PMSL.
Bunnings has been named the Most Trusted Brand in the country.
FM, Really???
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2022, 05:33:17 PM »
Windows 11:
With every Windows update I lose more control of my own system. Processes I cannot kill off when they hang (because as full Admin I don't have authorization) services I cannot change (because you really didn't mean to do that. we at Microsoft know better than you) and the endless invasive telemetry to the point where Powershell fails to open promptly if there is no Internet connection.

Windows is no longer a Operating System. It is a personal data gathering utility tied to profit making similar to crypto currency miners. The more you use it, the more data MS has to sell on to its partners.  ;D ;D
That's the reason I've learnt to walk away from MS, I know Android is the same beast. 
Very rarely do I use a pc these days.
Just about everything I need to do with web site coding/updates I can do on my phone or tablet.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2022, 05:57:46 PM »
Quote from: edz
O'l mate lives in it permanantly ..
interesting... until someone runs up ya choofa and it becomes not livable anymore

would be interesting to see inside of it.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2022, 12:35:07 PM »
 ;D ;D

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2022, 08:20:11 AM »
The Lawrence RFS received the keys to a brand spanking New Cat 1 Fire Truck.
It replaces a 15 year old work horse.
$375 000 worth of kit.
Comes with all the bells & whistles. Power hose reels, water cannon front and sides, full Halo in the event of a Blow Over, Drop down curtains, tyre protection, Gps tracked with a new Comms system.
Members who have been with the Brigrade for ages are stoked, after the fires of 2019, they have Air Con that works properly, just for starters.
There are rumours that the Station could be relocated to a bigger premises just out of town for the Brigrades is growing and the area they cover is huge.
At the same presentation, it was announced the Grafton Airport would be upgrades to allow for RFS aircraft to base from there in the event of a fire.

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2022, 08:39:04 AM »
The Lawrence RFS received the keys to a brand spanking New Cat 1 Fire Truck.
It replaces a 15 year old work horse.
$375 000 worth of kit.
Comes with all the bells & whistles. Power hose reels, water cannon front and sides, full Halo in the event of a Blow Over, Drop down curtains, tyre protection, Gps tracked with a new Comms system.
Members who have been with the Brigrade for ages are stoked, after the fires of 2019, they have Air Con that works properly, just for starters.
There are rumours that the Station could be relocated to a bigger premises just out of town for the Brigrades is growing and the area they cover is huge.
At the same presentation, it was announced the Grafton Airport would be upgrades to allow for RFS aircraft to base from there in the event of a fire.

These guys and girls deserve the best gear money can buy, they put their lives on the line every time they answer the call
Great stuff  :cup: :cup: :cheers: :cheers:
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them