Author Topic: Youi insurance scam?  (Read 9218 times)

Offline banksy69

• Swag User
Youi insurance scam?
« on: August 28, 2016, 08:49:24 AM »
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 06:16:53 AM by banksy69 »

Offline Patr80l

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Youi insurance scam
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 09:18:23 AM »
Maybe they should change their slogan from "We get you." to "Gotcha!"
40, 80, GU, Touareg, GU, Touareg, 200

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 10:00:47 AM »
Wife got insurance through them for the motorbike, and we have ended up moving the contents over as well. They tried to quit e for the car but couldn't understand that they were more expensive than Shannon's even though their quote was less... Shannon's were $100odd cheaper for greenslip, but you could only get that if you were insured with them. Also tried to tell me that the recovery was a better deal than the NRMA, but they only did 50kms and that in some places around here that wasn't enough.

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:59:18 PM »
Must be concerning to people insured with Youi especially when quote

The whistleblowers also say customers are having claims rejected due to a cult-like corporate culture that drives staff to falsify insurance documents to make sales. Youi's customers are left paying for policies that don't actually cover them.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 04:13:37 PM »
so this should be the end of the company.... ???

Who would be stupid enough to use them after reading all this
http://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/does-youi-owe-you-insurer-accused-of-billing-without-consent-20160818-gqvrmi.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 08:02:09 AM »
Well, yes, we do have them for H&C :-[, & haven't had any problems, possibly because we haven't had to make a claim  ???

Guess we'll be doing some checking around towards renewal time.

One thing that got me out of that article though - "I was having money taken out of my account from September last year till last month now without my knowledge" - Sorry, but don't you check your bank statements? :o Absolutely no sympathy there!  ::)
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 09:36:38 AM »
Quote from: Fizzie
Well, yes, we do have them for H&C :-[, & haven't had any problems, possibly because we haven't had to make a claim  ???

Guess we'll be doing some checking around towards renewal time.

One thing that got me out of that article though - "I was having money taken out of my account from September last year till last month now without my knowledge" - Sorry, but don't you check your bank statements? :o Absolutely no sympathy there!  ::)
Many people don't. The elderly are one such common victim in this sort of Shit..

I'd have cancelled my Shit yesterday once I heard about their scam...
People should be going to jail for this Shit. But our laws will just tell them don't be norty and don't do it again

http://www.theage.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/calls-for-senate-inquiry-after-youi-accused-of-fraud-and-theft-20160828-gr33jj.html

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 10:06:59 AM »
But you steal from them and you will get longer inside than a murderer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »
Quote from: glenm64
But you steal from them and you will get longer inside than a murderer
bingo
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 12:02:11 PM »
After battling through an hr of questions on a couple of occasions being told repeatedly that I were going to get their best deal possible due to driver history etc they came out quite a bit more expensive, I always do a bit of a shop around so put their success down to alluring people who had had their premiums ramped up over time with the one insurer deciding to compare with Youi. Their advertising was geared towards this, people would then receive a better deal, but probably not the best available. Look's like there is also a far dodgier reason also at play.

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
My daughter had a car policy with them, sold the car called up and cancelled the policy.
Eight months later she received a renewal notice with a marked increase in premiums.
After a few calls all she ended up with was a "prove you cancelled it" and we will refund the 8 months of payments deducted from the account.
Bloody hard to prove a phone call, especially when they have an automatic spiel on each call saying they are recording the conversation, but have no record of any calls.
Thieving bastards.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 09:47:20 AM »
Quote from: terravista
Bloody hard to prove a phone call, especially when they have an automatic spiel on each call saying they are recording the conversation, but have no record of any calls.
Thieving bastards.

From what I've been told, for future reference you can ask them to email you a copy of that phone call if its recorded.

I don't think anyone would be insured with them if this got the media exposure it deserved... You'd be ****in nuts.

Heres some more.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/youi-customers-share-their-worst-horror-stories-20160829-gr3ip1.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 11:35:58 AM »
From what I've been told, for future reference you can ask them to email you a copy of that phone call if its recorded.

Tried that, but was told they only keep the recordings for a few weeks than they are overwritten.
Just a bunch of lies from the sharp little pointy things on rose bushes...... what are they called? Oh yeah, pricks.

Offline hempo

• Tent User
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »
Why would you provide credit card details when obtaining a quote?  That is what confuses me.
2016 Holden Colorado LS Cab Chassis with 2011 Jimboomba Condamine Camper Trailer

Offline Ben.Archer

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 11:45:53 AM »
I had a policy with them once and they automatically renewed and billed me for the renewal without my permission.  As I always ring around to check the market every year I was livid.  When I rang up to complain and accused them of theft as they had without my permission taken the money from the same credit card that I used for the initial contract they described me as unusual and silly in that it was far easier than ringing around to get more quotes.  They kept on telling me that it was standard practice to "steal" money by automatically renewing policies hoping that no-one would notice....

Would never ever touch them again.
2015 Land Rover Discovery 4
2000 90 Series Toyota Prado RV6
2013 MDC Off Road Step-Through V3 - Heavily modded and I am only just starting :-)

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 07:09:13 AM »
I recently renewed with AAMI.
I move my policies every year or so. I go with whatever the cheapest quote is from any of the majors.
When my renewal came up with AAMI it was $200 dearer than the year before....no real shock there. So I did an online quote and got close to my original price.

In the mean time AAMI had debited my bank account for the renewal and I had taken the quote for the renewal as well....so double paid.
Rang AAMI to arrange a refund and explain the situation and got told that I shouldn't have applied online as I lose my customer loyalty something arather. Told said fwit that I am not loyal and if I got a cheaper quote elsewhere I was gone.

The only reason these idiots get away with anything is because most people, I think, don't check their previous policy.
They operate on getting new customers and couldn't give a rats about their existing ones, or they care so much that they put your price up. So much for loyalty.......f^ck them all.

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:03 AM »
I was with AAMI and just swapped to club4x4
Each hear the premium goes up and value goes down.
I was able to get the Dmax AND accessories insured for what theyre worth, plus all the extra benefits for another $100.
I'll just wait and see how much club will cost next year.
Bonus, got a new windscreen out of AAMI just before changing. That put bit of a smile on my face.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline NerdyAUS

• Sleeping Bag User
  • The empire did nothing wrong.
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 04:21:19 PM »
I rang them up today, not realising the current issues people are having.

I was quoted $727.22 to insure my CT for a year.
$11,000 for the CT
$1000 for the annex
$1000 for contents

Bit rich.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:29:16 PM by NerdyAUS »
2015 Mitsubishi Triton GLX-R
2008 Lifestyle Explorer 360I Camper Trailer

Offline pommiedic

• Tent User
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 10:08:36 AM »
After reading this, I checked my paperwork, which is all correct.                             

As of yesterday I have a claim in, due to a truck going down the entire drivers side whilst the car was parked; no details left so I'm having to pay the excess. Car is being assessed on Monday. Happy with the process so far. 

Insurance companies can only really be judged at claim time........
Why is the 1st Tea of the day the best?

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 03:09:25 PM »
YOUI---WE SCREW YOU!
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 06:51:35 PM »

Insurance companies can only really be judged at claim time........
if an insurance company is debiting money from people's accounts when all they try and do is get a quote from them, as is the claim with YOUI...I'm happy to judge them on that act.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t
The following users thanked this post: banksy69

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016, 08:15:17 PM »
We were with youi until December 2015 when I cancelled our policy as they do not cover the NT. It was like pulling teeth to cancel the policy for the cruiser and even though they told me they dont cover the NT they still tried to get me to stay. I have never had a claim with them but they dropped the price on the cover even when I advised them we could be living in the NT but were very pushy to stay with them.

Apart from that never had an issue and were never charged any extra.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »
if an insurance company is debiting money from people's accounts when all they try and do is get a quote from them, as is the claim with YOUI...I'm happy to judge them on that act.
x every grain of sand on earth
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prado2004

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Youi insurance scam?
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 03:19:55 PM »
I have a mate who had their car insured with Youi as they were cheaper because she gets the train to work (just like the ads). anyway she decided to drive to work one day for whatever reason. someone ran into her. To cut a long story short her claim was declined due to her driving to work and telling them originally her car is only used on weekends.....

I am glad I am not with them.
2012 4dr JK wrangler, 3.5" AEV lift, AEV mags, 35" muddies, front/rear arb bars, tjm sliders, pioneer platform and some other goodies
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=47825.0

Custom Camper with solar, gas hot water & fully self sufficient 
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=35159.0