Author Topic: Your thoughts on this  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
Your thoughts on this
« on: May 03, 2016, 09:16:06 AM »
Members of our constabulary serving the community as would be expected.
Only to be taken to task by beaurocracy at the top.
http://www.news.com.au/national/crime/police-reprimanded-for-changing-a-womans-tyre-not-part-of-your-job-description/news-story/820924dc476563e94e5d8f0e0e46aac0
I personally think it's disgusting. What would you have done Fuji?  :police:

Offline Julian Kaye

• Tent User
Re: Your thoughts on this
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:26:55 AM »

My son is a NSW police officer and I can tell you that there a lot of over educated idiots in command positions who have no idea when it comes to dealing with the public. A kick in the arse instead of a pat on the back, a sure way of getting loyalty.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:29:38 AM »
according to Ray Hadley on tele this morning the police commissioner is going to step in and kick the dude in the arse that is giving the young blokes Shit for helping the person out...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Anya45

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:33:57 AM »
Doesn't matter what the uniform, you will sometimes always get kicked for doing the "right thing", morally correct but beaurocracy wrong.  At the end of the day, let us hope it does not stop officers from all domains, doing the "human" thing   :police:

Never stopped us  >:D
Some people are like clouds. When they go away, it's a brighter day.

2013 FJ Cruiser
2016 Jayco Swan OB

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:46:23 AM »
Couple of things with the 'story'.   While the Police did a good thing, the other side of the story is the issue of the Police separating leaving one Officer by themselves.  Currently there is a big push to not have single unit Policing regardless of the situation, this is as a matter of Officer Safety and this is what these two Police Officers have gone and done. 

Management being management will always see the down side of everything and while there are other services that may be able to help with changing a tyre at times it is easier safer and better to just do it and get the job done. 

Maybe things internally should have been handled better by Management but I wonder too how much of this 'story' is a media beat up to make it a story. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 03:31:53 AM »
Couple of things with the 'story'.   While the Police did a good thing, the other side of the story is the issue of the Police separating leaving one Officer by themselves.  Currently there is a big push to not have single unit Policing regardless of the situation, this is as a matter of Officer Safety and this is what these two Police Officers have gone and done. 

Management being management will always see the down side of everything and while there are other services that may be able to help with changing a tyre at times it is easier safer and better to just do it and get the job done. 

Maybe things internally should have been handled better by Management but I wonder too how much of this 'story' is a media beat up to make it a story.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:36:20 AM by tracker »
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline Darcy7

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The plumage doesn't enter into it.....!
    • RVeeThereYet.com
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 02:38:27 PM »
I think this has been taken out of context somewhat.  While what they did is commendable from a community point of view, their commander was absolutely right.  And this article portrays the response as being far more harsh that I expect it actually was or should have been. 

Whether we like it or not, we do not live in 1965 anymore.  The world is a different place and the rules are there for reasons that may not be all that apparent to the casual observer.

Visit our blog at WWW.RVeeThereYet.com

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »
While what they did is commendable from a community point of view, their commander was absolutely right. 

The world is a different place and the rules are there for reasons that may not be all that apparent to the casual observer.

& I know it's taking it way too far as a scenario, but just imagine if the first cop drove away to go get a jack, the woman leans into her car, pulls out a gun & shoots the second one.

Can't you hear the screams then & see the fingers being pointed at the first cop for leaving his partner behind at risk?
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday