Author Topic: Youi insurance quote question  (Read 9705 times)

Offline Mallory Black

• Hard Floor Camper User
Youi insurance quote question
« on: September 02, 2015, 09:44:28 PM »
Just asking around, This insurer promotes themselves as being great as saving you money on premiums because they know you better.
Had a quote from them recently and they were the most expensive of all the insurer's I got quotes from.
They were more than double the cost of the insurer we settled for.
this was for a 20 y/o p plater
My question is, have any swaggers insured with this company and saved money as they say they do?
If so, what kind of policy did they beat? because they don't mention that in the ads, just a smiling person with a number.
Coles is the same come to think of it but they never quantify or back up the figure in the advert

dodgy as I think but interested to see if anyone has had a win with them?
1998 3.4V6 Prado & homebuilt rear fold soft floor

Offline rockinj

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Youi insurance quote question
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 09:55:04 PM »
no help here, I had the exact same thing as you happen.
Trying to find the time to use our camper . . .

Offline ATC

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:11:35 PM »
Called them when we got the boat, the young guy went through his script asked all his questions & arrived at the somewhere north of $650 / month, NRMA did it for $68 / month.

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 10:25:40 PM »
They like office workers who catch the train to work and pull the car out on Sunday to visit the local church.
Mention 4wd and they shut up shop.
The following users thanked this post: oldmate

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 10:38:51 PM »
I think Ray Hadley from radio 2GB had a stoush with them in the last day or so. You might be able to Google it to find out what it was about.

Offline Mallory Black

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 11:16:47 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, staying away in that case
thanks
1998 3.4V6 Prado & homebuilt rear fold soft floor

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 04:29:14 AM »
I dont even bother with youi anymore. I had their 3rd party cover for my last cruiser that was written off. Cancelling the policy because the car was no longer around was a hassle - wouldn't have been such an issue if I had another car to move the cover over to I suppose. But what really Shits me is when I'm doing the online quote check of a few companies they never give you a price and insist that they need to ring you and then try everything in the book to sell you a policy on the spot

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 05:15:08 AM »
I know a bloke who worked in one of their call centres.

Strict script to work off, timed calls and sell, sell, sell.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 05:57:18 AM »
By and away the most expensive, I've found.   Youi, we know your wallet better..
Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 06:15:41 AM »
I think its called "advertising".
There is no obligation to substantiate the claims they make.
It must be true cos they are telling us so ????

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline GUEY

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 09:25:33 AM »
Around $400 a year cheaper than what I was paying, and one of the only ones that would insure the Patrol due to the roll cage.
2016 Colorado Trailblazer
2010 Swan Outback

Offline Slug

• Swag User
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 10:34:07 AM »
Ive been with them a few years now, have always been cheaper than the few other quotes i could be bothered getting.  Have never had to make a claim though so cant comment on that side of things.  Considered going elsewhere last year but i was put through to someone with more "say" and they could do me a better deal conveniently, who was i to say no.

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »
Saved us $120/month over Suncorp.
With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....

Offline Goose

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Life turns on a dime.
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 11:34:27 AM »
Probably based on their risk profile of the information you supplied: 20yo p-plater.

If instead you were a 40yo single male with a 1.6L shopping trolley, no history of accidents, no history of infringements and the car was locked up 99% of the time it would probably be a good deal. 

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »
Listened to the Ray Hadley segment on this mob....they wouldn't pay the insured bloke even though he wasn't at fault...because the at fault driver was deemed to have had a medical episode, so wasn't "at fault"....even though he hit the insured blokes car..?????

Anyway, Ray Hadley got stuck into him ( the CEO was sth african and so is the company ) and after heaps of people took their business elsewhere , they changed their mind and are now going to pay the bloke !!

Would you feel confident they would pay on ANY claim ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 12:32:08 PM »
They were the cheapest for me - but then I'm not a P plater, car is used mostly for trips to the station and the occasional road trip and some off road.   But they've insured me for an agreed value on all accessories (lift, spotties, etc etc.) Unlike a few who as soon as I said I had a 2"lift refused to touch it.

Never had to make a claim though. 
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 01:28:35 PM »
I honestly believe with insurance (Car House, Life) you get what you pay for and normally insurance companies fall into 3 categories

Dirt cheap premiums, but at claim time they give you the run around and they will do anything to get out of paying your claim

Medium priced premiums – Claim time they will give you the run around, but eventually they will honour your claim.

Higher priced premiums – If you have gave the correct details when taking the policy out they aren’t going looking for ways out and normally your claim is fast and hassle free. 

Offline rokster72

• Tent User
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 01:41:33 PM »
Probably based on their risk profile of the information you supplied: 20yo p-plater.

If instead you were a 40yo single male with a 1.6L shopping trolley, no history of accidents, no history of infringements and the car was locked up 99% of the time it would probably be a good deal.

Actually..no..

Just bought the wife a train-station gofer - 12 year old Daewoo Matiz..  43yo, never had an accident, clean license. Locked in garage overnight, only to be used to get to station when it's wet ( she normally walks there ).. YOUI - $349 / year third party fire theft. RACWA $189 comprehensive. Guess where my money went.

Having said that.. I had a previous gofer insured with them just when they came on the market 6 years ago or so- was a competitive price, and when it got stolen, they paid within days.

Offline Paulyg

• Swag User
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »
I got some quotes for a camper trailer, Youi where cheaper than RACV, CLI, AAMI and Apia, Apia would have been a bit cheaper if I was a bit older and not working full time.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 05:00:41 PM »
I think its called "advertising".
There is no obligation to substantiate the claims they make.
Wouldn't that be "Bait" advertising, or at least false advertising.... ???? Fairly sure both of them are ****ed and illegal....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 06:24:54 PM »
Wouldn't that be "Bait" advertising, or at least false advertising.... ???? Fairly sure both of them are ****ed and illegal....
I wouldn't have a clue,  but the savings they advertise may be genuine but not be available to everybody cos "we're all different".
I would think that all advertising is "bait" by nature,  trying to get people to buy their brand or Shit they/we dont really need

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Coiled

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 08:13:22 PM »
They save you money because you have provided them with so much info that if at the time of the claim any of it is wrong they have reasonable grounds to decline the claim due to non-disclosure.
2013 Nissan Patrol Y61
2015 Kimberley Karavan Eco Suite

Offline Muckinhell

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2014 Ecomate traveller forward fold.
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 08:21:04 PM »
Got quotes for camper trailer from them, they were to be cheaper so did some research and read some reviews about their claims side of things and in the end didnt risk them due to lots of bad ratings.
2005 HDJ100r Sahara
Better to look at it, than for it!

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 08:22:49 PM »
I have tried to use them because they are based on the Sunshine Coast and employ heaps of local people..........but for me they just cannot get close to the other mainstream insurers.............I even emailed one guy the other quotes I got to try and prove it to them but to no avail..............

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 08:31:34 PM »
I have tried to use them because they are based on the Sunshine Coast and employ heaps of local people..........but for me they just cannot get close to the other mainstream insurers.............I even emailed one guy the other quotes I got to try and prove it to them but to no avail..............

I've just realised, I've swapped at last renewal. It was cheap for me when I first signed up as I got a joining discount, but the next year renewal was way more, so I went to other insurers to quote. I called Youi back and they wouldn't match the quote, so I swapped. 

I wonder if they rely on people b img lazy once they've signed you up.  I always ring around
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway