Author Topic: Your thoughts /opinions please  (Read 2936 times)

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
Your thoughts /opinions please
« on: September 11, 2014, 10:22:28 PM »
Hi I have a 2011 3lt intercooled turbo colorado, I will be trading it in on either a new 2.8lt Colorado dual cab with alloy tray or a new isuzu 3lt dual cab with alloy tray.The colorado has 500nm torque compared to the isuzu at 380nm and 147kw  power compared to 130 kw in the isuzu i tow a 6 mt boat and do two trips to fraser a year my "old"colorado has no problems doing these tasks what so ever just need to up grade for tax reasonsthe price is with in$1000 of each other but the isuzu comes with a hell of a lot more accesories as inclusions all the colorado has is alloy tray  and free 3 years servicing the isuzu has tow bar,alloy tray.bull bar ,sidesteps,window tint bonnet proctector ,floor mats ,metalic paint and they will take the price of the 3 free years servicing off the car price .I know most would say go the isuzu and im falling that way but is the engine "old School tech"compared to the duramax 2 of the colorado
but all that aside which would have the better engine?
Bluejay

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
Re: Your thoughts /opinions please
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 05:50:40 AM »
Is it just me or does the isuzu seem smaller?
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:21:39 AM »
But which rig do you like the best or are you going to be best advised by this lot  ???  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline slcs78

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:23:21 AM »
Have you actually driven both??? They are quite different to drive. Pick the one you like the most
2012 colorado LTZ
MDC V4 TBox camper

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 06:26:54 AM »
I guess all i should have said was which engine would be better?and not worried about the preamble.
Is there any substitute for cubic inches if not then i should get the isuzu  or a twin turbo land cruiser or a gmc

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 06:28:12 AM »
But which rig do you like the best or are you going to be best advised by this lot  ???  :cheers:

lol i thought this lot new every thing ? am i wrong

Offline slcs78

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 06:33:35 AM »
I guess all i should have said was which engine would be better?and not worried about the preamble.
Is there any substitute for cubic inches if not then i should get the isuzu  or a twin turbo land cruiser or a gmc

The Isuzu has been around for ever and has a solid history. The vm motor in the collie hasn't been around aslong but has been in jeeps for a few years. Mines hit 40,000 recently and I've had no dramas. The s2 engines are better then mine again. Having said that I wouldn't worry about it. Test drive both a lot and pick your favourite. Either way you will be happy
2012 colorado LTZ
MDC V4 TBox camper

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 06:53:31 AM »

lol i thought this lot new every thing ? am i wrong
 No mate your not wrong but are you right  ???  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

scarps

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 07:30:21 AM »
I'd go with the one with the biggest engine. Sometimes size matters out on the tracks.

Offline Me

• Tent User
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 08:57:15 AM »
When I was in a similar situation I googled "problems with" & inserted the brand names involved. I stayed well away from one I had been looking at, as there were a disproportionate number of complaints about them from dissatisfied owners.

I just did the same for these 2 cars, one comes up trumps, one doesn't! The same issue comes up over & over again on one of them!

Just my .002  ;)

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 09:27:30 AM »
What I've heard and read about those little Duramax engines, is just wait until the aftermarket industry get a hold of a few of them  ;D  I hear they are built like tank and have some serious potential waiting to be released.

Is there any substitute for cubic inches

NO!!   ;D
With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
Me
I couldn't find the same issues you are talking about when I googled problems etc so which one is good in your opinion according to your findings
Bluejay