Author Topic: You think I might upset some???  (Read 32796 times)

scarps

Re: You think I might upset some???
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2014, 07:19:40 AM »

Here's the budget version

I wonder if you could mount a dual battery setup on the bottom rack for LED lighting and boom box?

Offline Malcolm Tugless

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Are we there yet ?
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2014, 07:24:53 AM »
I wonder if you could mount a dual battery setup on the bottom rack for LED lighting and boom box?

So long as you used 6 B&S and a capable DC/DC charger there wouldn't be any issues.

What kind of refrigeration is the next question ... mmmmmmmmm?

scarps

You think I might upset some???
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2014, 07:30:46 AM »
So long as you used 6 B&S and a capable DC/DC charger there wouldn't be any issues.

What kind of refrigeration is the next question ... mmmmmmmmm?
fuses or cirquit breakers and would I really need an Anderson plug, or would just basic battery clips be ok:-)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 07:34:55 AM by scarps »

Offline Malcolm Tugless

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Are we there yet ?
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2014, 07:48:47 AM »
fuses or cirquit breakers and would I really need an Anderson plug, or would just basic battery clips be ok:-)

Fuses and those circuit breakers only get in the way, and they do nothing for the ascetics.Leave em out.

Can't you just twist the wires together ? Or use some sticky tape.

I was going to use one of them wacko fridges, but my mate reckons that they're gay. He's a brickie, so he should know hey.

Offline Fathom

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2014, 07:53:27 AM »
There is a multitude of individual reasons people pick a certain type of vehicle.
I think the old adage applies here...
Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in their shoes.
That way... If you still decide to judge them... You will be a mile away... And you will have their shoes!
Always give 100%... Unless you are giving blood.. then it may not go so well...

scarps

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2014, 08:14:08 AM »

Fuses and those circuit breakers only get in the way, and they do nothing for the ascetics.Leave em out.

Can't you just twist the wires together ? Or use some sticky tape.

I was going to use one of them wacko fridges, but my mate reckons that they're gay. He's a brickie, so he should know hey.
thnx, that's great. Could I just cable tie the bare wires to the battery:-)

Offline Malcolm Tugless

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Are we there yet ?
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2014, 10:39:45 AM »

Why not ? It would look pretty professional too, show them bloody sparkies, what would they know ?

Offline Petermac

• Swag User
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2014, 11:01:34 AM »
I am going to kick the soap box from under you.

It was a reference to some body saying an Xtrail is just as capable, if not more, than a proper 4wd.

It still sh!ts me, no end, when you see these types of "4wd's" and their very ignorant owners blocking access and inland tracks on Fraser Island. Then get onto public 4wd forums saying their Xtrail/Forester/CRV and whatever else they call a 4wd and say they are just as good, or better.

2011 Trackabout Deluxe Tourer

Offline Goose

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Life turns on a dime.
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2014, 11:04:53 AM »

Cable ties are only acceptable when you have run out of blu-tac. It's poor mans sikaflex.

scarps

« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2014, 11:49:10 AM »
I've taken the opportunity to re read this thread.  I always thought it was a tongue in check thread and treated it accordingly.

But I've picked up a new theme that I think needs further discussion:

I always love spending time in any bush I can get access too, but is anyone else finding these days that a lot of bush is being denuded?

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2014, 11:55:20 AM »
I've taken the opportunity to re read this thread.  I always thought it was a tongue in check thread and treated it accordingly.

But I've picked up a new theme that I think needs further discussion:

I always love spending time in any bush I can get access too, but is anyone else finding these days that a lot of bush is being denuded?
What does denuded mean?

scarps

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »

Could just be me, but I get a sense we're losing a lot of good aussie bush, some unexplored, some with only a little exploration, much maybe overexplored:-)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:36:58 PM by scarps »

Offline GraemeL

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2014, 12:17:22 PM »
Well I think the sticker is a good laugh :)

Don't knock X Trails, I think they are very good for those that don't want to get into the extremes. When I went for my 4x4 course, there was a guy with an X Trail and he did everything the others did with out any issues.

There are a lot f people buying 4x4's and the only time they go off road is when they park it on the lawn to wash it.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2014, 12:46:05 PM »
And a challenger is any different? Where is the line for a proper 4wd?

33 inch tyres, tick,

3 inch suspension lift, tick,

Bullbar, tick,

Roller drawers, tick,

Factory diff lockers, tick, etc, etc, etc,

I can keep going, but to compare an Xtrail with a proper 4wd is just dumb.

Are we compensating for something  >:D
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2014, 12:52:24 PM »
1st Prize  to who ever works out what direction this thread is going in or is it just going be a vent for all  S#$% on the Liver  ::)                    Have a coldie & settle  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust
The following users thanked this post: Mik01

Offline CRW

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Driving the Dreamliner
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »

1st Prize  to who ever works out what direction this thread is going in or is it just going be a vent for all  S#$% on the Liver  ::)                    Have a coldie & settle  :cheers:

Circles Jamie Circles

Cheers
Carl
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Cheers
Carl

200 Series Land Cruiser TTD V8,  Complete Campsite Hard Floor Fraser

scarps

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2014, 01:33:39 PM »

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2014, 09:48:28 AM »
Well I think the sticker is a good laugh :)

That was the intention for starting the thread on this forum GraemeL.
I'd thought about posting on a different, specific forum, but I know some there don't have a sense of humor, and would've been upset with me saying an X-Trail's not a proper 4x4   ::)
I've got mates with 4by's who see the sticker for what it is, and have had a good laugh, but it seems some here suffer little willy syndrome, or simply can't read and see it as me claiming an X-Trail is superior to proper 4x4's   ???

Admins/Mods...feel free to remove this thread, I've no objection!
Bob and Robyn

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2014, 11:45:50 AM »
What ever floats your boat. I think the xtrails are adequate enough, I ve seen enough on the tracks to see there capable, just like suzukis, Subaru and the rest. Jeez years ago we went every were in falcons and kingswoods and I mean everywhere.

I rather be in a well driven xtrail than with a tosser in a landcrusier .

This Thread should have been closed right after this quote.  BTW I saw the funny side of all this as did most and as per usual the people with "issues" took offence.  I wouldn't have put it on my X-trail but I know where I can take mine and know where it's been and plenty of "real" 4wd owners have been impressed with how it goes.  I'd be the first to admit it's limited capabilities, but I bet the poor guy bellied out in his Prado on the beach down at five fingers reef south of Coral Bay wouldn't have expected me to drive past chuck a U turn and come back to check he was ok all without any issues. (he was very red faced and said no thanks and half an hour later another Prado helped to snatch him out)  Like achjimmy said a well driven x-trail is a better place to be than with a tosser in a "insert Real 4wd".  Know your car, know it's capabilities, and most of all don't knock someone else's choice. BTW I'd love a Prado. (Although they "always" get bogged)   ;D

Dave
Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline GraemeL

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2014, 03:50:08 PM »
That was the intention for starting the thread on this forum GraemeL.
I'd thought about posting on a different, specific forum, but I know some there don't have a sense of humor, and would've been upset with me saying an X-Trail's not a proper 4x4   ::)
I've got mates with 4by's who see the sticker for what it is, and have had a good laugh, but it seems some here suffer little willy syndrome, or simply can't read and see it as me claiming an X-Trail is superior to proper 4x4's   ???

Admins/Mods...feel free to remove this thread, I've no objection!

It wouldn't matter what you put on the back, there would always be some idiot who took offence.
You just keep on enjoying your ride, you paid for it and it's what you want and like, that's all that matters :)

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2014, 05:03:58 PM »

BTW I'd love a Prado. (Although they "always" get bogged)   ;D

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Now you're just looking for trouble!!! :) ;)

scarps

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2014, 05:21:35 PM »

This Thread should have been closed right after this quote.  BTW I saw the funny side of all this as did most and as per usual the people with "issues" took offence.  I wouldn't have put it on my X-trail but I know where I can take mine and know where it's been and plenty of "real" 4wd owners have been impressed with how it goes.  I'd be the first to admit it's limited capabilities, but I bet the poor guy bellied out in his Prado on the beach down at five fingers reef south of Coral Bay wouldn't have expected me to drive past chuck a U turn and come back to check he was ok all without any issues. (he was very red faced and said no thanks and half an hour later another Prado helped to snatch him out)  Like achjimmy said a well driven x-trail is a better place to be than with a tosser in a "insert Real 4wd".  Know your car, know it's capabilities, and most of all don't knock someone else's choice. BTW I'd love a Prado. (Although they "always" get bogged)   ;D

Dave
buy a Jeep, they never get bogged!

Disclaimer - but can be known to break down, catch fire, be the basis for great jokes, and attract hot chicks!

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2014, 05:45:33 PM »
buy a Jeep, they never get bogged!

Disclaimer - but can be known to break down, catch fire, be the basis for great jokes, and attract hot chicks!

Hot Chicks?.........Is that because of the fire?  ;D  Ok I'll admit it I do like the new Jeep Grand Cherokee (there I said it).

Dave
Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

scarps

« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2014, 06:26:03 PM »

Hot Chicks?.........Is that because of the fire?  ;D  Ok I'll admit it I do like the new Jeep Grand Cherokee (there I said it).

Dave
you've come out of the closet, that'll upset the Toyonissa group.......the 2011/12 models are starting to come off lease. Low KM's and Ideal for lifting and armour plating for off road and touring.  Murchison Products in Bris are also about to release their snorkel.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »
How do you reckon your X-trail would go around Beachport/Robe beach driving...

Are the gearbox overheating issues still a problem with beach driving?
Dude in the club wants to come along in an X-Trail diesel but don't want him to screw up his car for the sake of it...

Also is there a front recovery point for X-trails??? He currently doesn't have one..

Thoughts?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home