Author Topic: Jayco Starcraft 2011 ???  (Read 6329 times)

Offline sparey

• Learning the Ropes
Jayco Starcraft 2011 ???
« on: March 29, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »
Hi all,
I currently have a Tuart camper trailer which we are quiet happy with, but as the family is expanding and the wife wants more luxury  and was thinking of upgrading to a Jayco Starcraft 2011 Outback (16.51-2 caravan) with the Trifold bunks up the front.
I am just looking for some advice on what to look for and more info to help me choose if it is worth spending the money. We would take it off the bitumen but nothing to extreme as its not worth the nagging from the wife!!! Already have a 2005 Prado to tow it with.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers Jason.

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
Re: Jayco Starcraft 2011 ???
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 05:06:10 PM »
Hi Sparey Welcome to the forum,

Have you Considered the Jayco Expanda Range, in particular the 16-49-2 (bunk model) or 17-56-1 (twin doubles + Bunks).
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline sparey

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 05:56:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply, we have considered them, would prefer a solid van not a pop top, the missus want to have a toilet/ shower. we want to keep it small and the Starcraft layout suits us just wondering if the price vs quality is worth it???

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 03:44:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply, we have considered them, would prefer a solid van not a pop top, the missus want to have a toilet/ shower. we want to keep it small and the Starcraft layout suits us just wondering if the price vs quality is worth it???

Hi Sparey

I can relate to the shower/toilet thing, been down that road :angel:   I think (and some may agree) that Jayco offers value money with a fairly resonable quality, you can pay alot more for similar but doesn't mean better.

Jayco will serve you well and the backing from Jayco is there Australia wide should you ever need it, I've never had an issue getting any problems sorted either through a dealer or service agent.
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline Moto Moto

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »
Hi Sparey,

Can't help too much with Starcraft advice, though my in-laws are considering upsizing to one from their outback Penguin at the moment. I had a look through a few and they do seem to be great value.

I have an Outback Hawk and have just ordered an Outback Expanda 14.44-4. Its a fair price jump, but i am confident it will mean the missus and kids will be happier with the extra creature comforts and ease of use, which means getting away more. So in my mind the money is worth it ;D

As for Jayco quality, i have only ever had minor issues that were fixed no problem, and like Bushman says, the service agent network is huge.

Good luck with your decision.

KC :cheers:
2012 BT-50 XTR and Jayco Expanda 14.44-4 Outback

crackacoldie

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 09:39:10 PM »
Jayco's warranty is outstanding, whivh is a good thing because you will have trouble,  Don't let this comment put you off, just be prepared to have to have repair work done.  The aluminium on the Starcraft is slighty thinner than other brands, again not a dtraction, rather a note that before travelling on any dirt, consider a stone guard to prevent the pop-marks all over the front.

I have had 2 jayco's prior to moving up to a camper trailer from a caravan.  We had some pretty major problems with the last one, however, Jayco stood by their product, even out of warranty.

Would I buy another?  For warranty and after sales service, together with value for money,  can't go past them.

:cheers: Cacka

Offline sparey

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 12:32:50 PM »
thanks for the advice guys, i think we're going to go ahead with it... cheers

Offline cruza driver

• ''Custom User Title''
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 01:08:01 PM »

I can relate to the shower/toilet thing, been down that road :angel:   I think (and some may agree) that Jayco offers value money with a fairly resonable quality, you can pay alot more for similar but doesn't mean better.

X2 good luck with your decision. We are very happy with our Expanda and before this we had a Hawk both the Outback mdls.
2012 MAZDA BT50 GT AND 2010 OUTBACK EXPANDA

Offline rossbarb

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
Hi,
We havw had 5 jaycos and we have been happy with them, just treat them with respect also they are a big investment and by treating them well we always got our money back. We did take them into some wild places just treated them with respect.
Barb
PS have fun and use it