Author Topic: AFLW  (Read 7251 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: AFLW
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 12:06:44 PM »
And the Shit fight continues.. Couldn't see this coming eh...
now the AFL is sexist cause the rules are different and the punishments are different.

The AFL will live to regret pumping up this joke competition.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/brennan-lodges-complaint-with-australian-human-rights-commission-over-ban-20180323-p4z5u3.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »
And the Shit fight continues.. Couldn't see this coming eh...
now the AFL is sexist cause the rules are different and the punishments are different.

The AFL will live to regret pumping up this joke competition.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/brennan-lodges-complaint-with-australian-human-rights-commission-over-ban-20180323-p4z5u3.html

Can of worms anyone. Scrap the competition and let the women start their own league without the Afl involvement and they can set it up how they like, run their own tribunal system, etc.
Going to the courts etc is Shit.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 01:29:24 PM »
Quote from: Pottsy
Agree with this in any sport. You read about it in high end car racing etc.. why have rules if you can go to court and **** them up?

Then again, what is considered "sport" anymore?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 03:10:12 PM »
Can of worms anyone. Scrap the competition and let the women start their own league without the Afl involvement and they can set it up how they like, run their own tribunal system, etc.
What a bloody joke, they yell and scream wanting equality and then as soon as something doesnt go their way they pull out the sexism card. The AFL need to realise they have made a huge mistake and get rid of it and let them run their own circus

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 03:11:47 PM »
I’m embarrassed as a bulldog supporter. Ya got done .. move on did it before so you were warned

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 03:30:04 PM »
I’m embarrassed as a bulldog supporter. Ya got done .. move on did it before so you were warned

Swannie
Haha, wouldnt be embarrassed Swannie your boys have earnt their position at the top , nuff said

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 04:34:29 PM »
It was a sling....cop it and move on.
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2018, 11:33:01 AM »
Grand final to start in 10 mins.  I,ll be watching.  Its a good thing to get more women/girls involved in sport.  Better than having them sit on their arses at home playing bloody video games like half of our kids do. Team sports help create better adjusted kids and this can only be a good thing.  Hope the doggies win.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2018, 12:35:39 PM »
Quote from: Bigfish
Grand final to start in 10 mins
than thankfully we wont have to hear about it for 11 months and Fox can start playing games worth watching!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2018, 01:23:56 PM »
Well done doggies

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2018, 01:55:47 PM »
Well done doggies

Enjoyed watching it. Good on the doggies.  Hopefully will inspire more players in the future.  Bridesmaids for 2 years....brissie girls  will be heartbroken.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2018, 02:01:02 PM »
Enjoyed watching it. Good on the doggies.  Hopefully will inspire more players in the future.  Bridesmaids for 2 years....brissie girls  will be heartbroken.

Yeah I just reckon they play a little like the Auskick kids the fast push on no matter what which their skills are not there yet. Slow it down and they may be able to do a bit more with the ball!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2018, 04:06:20 PM »

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2018, 04:52:30 PM »
Glad the season is over. AFLW is somewhere behind the WAFL etc, in terms of skill levels and watch ability, yet the support the AFL has thrown at it must have grass roots footy scratching their collective heads (Tassie is screaming for help).
The AFL have taken a leaf out of the McDonalds marketing text book. Get everyone feeling like they belong to a big happy family, then you end up with every generation completely hooked on something that is really just lipstick on a pig(no pun intended).
As has previosly been mentioned, let it stand on its own 2 feet with punters paying non subsidized prices for tickets and then lets see how many turn up.
Even elite womens sports like netball, hockey and the like cant get decent media coverage. AFLW would die a natural death if it played on equal footings.
There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2018, 05:26:37 PM »
Glad the season is over. AFLW is somewhere behind the WAFL etc, in terms of skill levels and watch ability, yet the support the AFL has thrown at it must have grass roots footy scratching their collective heads (Tassie is screaming for help).
The AFL have taken a leaf out of the McDonalds marketing text book. Get everyone feeling like they belong to a big happy family, then you end up with every generation completely hooked on something that is really just lipstick on a pig(no pun intended).
As has previosly been mentioned, let it stand on its own 2 feet with punters paying non subsidized prices for tickets and then lets see how many turn up.
Even elite womens sports like netball, hockey and the like cant get decent media coverage. AFLW would die a natural death if it played on equal footings.
And several AFL senior teams wouldn,t be around either!!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2018, 05:36:36 PM »

I have no idea what Tassie ever did wrong. apparently they arent a "Market"... sad that the world only looks at things through dollars and cents. I miss the 80s when sport was sport.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home