Author Topic: Sydney to Toowoomba Route Question  (Read 2252 times)

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
Sydney to Toowoomba Route Question
« on: May 25, 2020, 08:44:08 PM »
Hi Folks.
I am driving Sydney to Toowoomba later this year (not towing) and will be calling into Bingara to visit my pop in the cemetery. I am wanting to know what is the most economical route to continue to Toowoomba. Looking at the map it looks like heading due north and joining the Bruxner Hwy then turning left to head to Texas via  Texas Rd then head east initially on the Stanthorpe Texas Rd to Stanthorpe then head up to Toowoomba from there.
I see an alternative of heading to Inglewood then Pampas then Toowoomba.

Was initially going to do the trip direct to Toowoomba in one day before the Bingara detour came up.

Does anyone have any experience with the roads and routes out that way that they would like to share.

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Sydney to Toowoomba Route Question
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 09:32:30 PM »
Both Google and Bing send you via Inglewood rather than over to Stanthorpe:
https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=97d6bbfa-2660-4d5f-9c61-905effdd0678&cp=-28.679029~149.952057&lvl=8&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027
https://goo.gl/maps/EsmhwjxjBvGr63F29

Generally if you're wanting economical, I'd suggest avoiding the main towns (Stanthorpe and Warwick) as you'll be in stop go traffic, and slower speed - staying off the main roads you might slow to 50km for 2km as you go through somewhere, but you'll stay at 50km/h instead of stopping for 10-15mins at all the lights in Warwick...

Offline Mitch92

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 05:13:01 AM »
Head to Texas,  then toward Inglewood. Part way up that road turn right onto greenup limevale rd and it takes you to a place called Oman Ama. Turn right, follow it to Karara, turn left there then it is a straight run to toowoomba through leyburn
The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 07:20:01 AM »
I also recommend going to Inglewood. If you want to stay on the major roads though turn right towards Warwick and go to Toowoomba from there. Don't go to Millmerran or Pampas.

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 05:22:01 PM »
Thanks lads