Author Topic: Who Will Be Our PM After Monday?  (Read 31237 times)

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Who Will Be Our PM After Monday?
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2015, 06:10:35 PM »
RU486  8)

not his finest hour, i agree. 

but again, it comes down to your belief structure.  one side believes one thing, and the other side believes something else... who is right?

Offline tlc001

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2015, 06:12:50 PM »
Today’s motion was a vote of no confidence from almost 40% of the Prime Minister’s own caucus. 

Tony Abbott to Julia Gillard in Parliament on Monday, February 27, 2012:

“My question is to the Prime Minister”. “Given that one-third of her parliamentary colleagues and a quarter of her cabinet colleagues have today expressed their lack of confidence in her, how can she claim to have a mandate to continue as Prime Minister?”

"How can the Prime Minister claim to be leading a united team when the former Prime Minister and the former foreign minister said that the Prime Minister had ‘lost the trust of the Australian people’ and 31 of her caucus colleagues backed the former Prime Minister?”

It's a democracy, 51% is all you need.

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2015, 06:14:50 PM »

it's a shame that some feel the need to make comments (space fairy lovers, for example), and then when someone tries to defend themselves against a comment like that, they are then made to feel as an outsider, in a supposed friendly forum.

How have I made you feel like an outsider.  Are you seriously telling me thats how you feel?. I have not been unfriendly, simply lightheartedly raised the issue of politics and religion.

I think politics and religion are worth debating because they BOTH affect us and the world today.  More than anything else these things can destroy us.  ISIL is one head of a political / religious juggernaut that is killing thousands. 

I cant recall you jumping up and down when the muslims were getting a bollocking.  (apologies if I missed it). 

If you didnt like the comment you should have ignored it.  But, you chose to engage and here we are. 

Dont sulk. 
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2015, 06:15:21 PM »
Totally agree (respectful arguments of course)

Though I really do think it is high time to openly discuss religion as its impact upon our society is emerging as a huge issue (once again).  We hide behind this thin veil of not wanting to upset someone's feelings based solely on their beliefs.  As our knowledge grows our superstitions are pushed further back.

I have taken a few stirring potshots today just for giggles and niggles.  We all need giggles and niggles.

:D

i totally agree with you.  i am happy to talk to anyone who wants to have a rational discussion regarding religion... people tend to be fearful and negative about things that the don't understand.  knowledge and understanding of ALL facets is encouraged, certainly byme, anyways...

what i don't appreciate is the 'stirring potshots'.  yes, they might be meant as 'giggles', but for some, these can be hurtful.  i don't know you personally, dazzler, but i for one have never taken a shot at you regarding religion or political persuasion, so why should it be OK for you to do that to me?

i assume that you are a good bloke and will continue to do so... :)

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2015, 06:15:48 PM »
because in the case i was referring to, it was uncalled for.  an out of the blue comment regarding those of a religious persuasion.

it seems that the 'all are welcome' motto of the forums is sometimes dependant on whether you are religious or not...

just because people profess to be christian, muslim, buddhist or whatever, it doesn't make them a bad person.  their actions/speech towards others dictate that.

not once have i tried to push my beliefs onto any member of the forum.  in fact, i have been up front in saying that no-one has the right to push their beliefs onto anyone.

it's a shame that some feel the need to make comments (space fairy lovers, for example), and then when someone tries to defend themselves against a comment like that, they are then made to feel as an outsider, in a supposed friendly forum.
I have nothing against anyone of any religion. And certainly wasn't having a crack at you personally.
I wouldn't take offence at Darren's comment, it read very tongue in cheek to me. But I have been reading his comments for years, and have a feel for his style.
The point I was trying to make, perhaps not very well, was that we are told as a society that we have a freedom of speech 'right' to offend, and that those who aren't "us" are then pilloried as unreasonable to react to that offence.
I see it as a social double standard.
(Posted this before reading earlier responses from you both.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:17:57 PM by B&B »
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2015, 06:16:22 PM »
Back to Abbott.  Turnbull was magnificent.

It will be handed to him on a platter.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2015, 06:17:09 PM »
How have I made you feel like an outsider.  Are you seriously telling me thats how you feel?. I have not been unfriendly, simply lightheartedly raised the issue of politics and religion.

I think politics and religion are worth debating because they BOTH affect us and the world today.  More than anything else these things can destroy us.  ISIL is one head of a political / religious juggernaut that is killing thousands. 

I cant recall you jumping up and down when the muslims were getting a bollocking.  (apologies if I missed it). 

If you didnt like the comment you should have ignored it.  But, you chose to engage and here we are. 

Dont sulk.

mate, i was there saying the same thing i am saying now:  it's not OK for anyone to force their beliefs on anyone.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2015, 06:19:14 PM »

on that we do agree... :)

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2015, 06:21:59 PM »

In the lead up there will be a huge push to get him to commit to conscience votes on 2 issues.
1/. Gay marriage, and
2/. Global warming 'price signal' policy.
If he says yes the right wing will sink him.
If he says no he will be accused of selling his principles to get the gig.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2015, 06:42:21 PM »
And that is where it needs to go back to being a Party not an individual.  The individual is allowed to have their say and have their vote and final tally is the party line, not an individual one.   I didn't like it when they referred to the Labor Party as the Rudd Government and then the Gillard Government then the Rudd Government and now the Abbott Government, it should be the Labor Government or the Coalition Liberal/National Party.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

UIZ733

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2015, 06:47:44 PM »
An excellent decision by the Libs. ( to keep Tony as PM) and an outstanding day ...for the Labor Party.  ;D

Offline Ratbag

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2015, 06:52:03 PM »
^ 69 to 31 looks pretty convincing to me. And that was just to defeat the spill motion. i.e. There was no spill ...
It was 61 to 39

Quite right. Thanks for the correction. Today hasn't been a good day for me. Sorry.

So the for vote was 1.5641 times the against vote - i.e. no spill motion.

When has any election in this country been decided by such a ratio?

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2015, 06:55:13 PM »
It was 61 to 39

Quite right. Thanks for the correction. Today hasn't been a good day for me. Sorry.

So the for vote was 1.5641 times the against vote - i.e. no spill motion.

When has any election in this country been decided by such a ratio?

the last qld state election (not 2015, the one before that) was a fair ratio... :)

Offline Ratbag

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2015, 07:07:22 PM »
the last qld state election (not 2015, the one before that) was a fair ratio... :)

In seats, yes. But it was extremely anomalous thing in itself. The current result is neither one thing nor the other.

The one thing I do agree with the media about is that the electorate's reaction to politics is becoming more and more chaotic. I do not think that this is a good thing. Of course, part of this chaotic reaction is in response to the media's input. One possible outcome is that our country and states become ungovernable, regardless of who is technically in office at the time. We are already seeing this effect IMHO.

When this develops to the logical extreme, our society, such as it is, will not function at all. This is not a good outcome IMO.

It may result in the breakdown of society into tribal groups engaged in perpetual war, as is the case in much of the Middle East.

Really sad that us humans cannot manage to get on with each other better than this.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2015, 07:08:05 PM »
gee I cant understand why I don't give a flying **** about politics.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2015, 07:30:11 PM »
because in the case i was referring to, it was uncalled for.  an out of the blue comment regarding those of a religious persuasion.

it seems that the 'all are welcome' motto of the forums is sometimes dependant on whether you are religious or not...

just because people profess to be christian, muslim, buddhist or whatever, it doesn't make them a bad person.  their actions/speech towards others dictate that.

not once have i tried to push my beliefs onto any member of the forum.  in fact, i have been up front in saying that no-one has the right to push their beliefs onto anyone.

I cop Shit for alot less.if freedom of opinion expression was a true right of everyone then of course people are going to be offended be they the minority or majority....what your asking for is that you be excused of defending your beliefs because your offence is worth more and more important than say.... a palistinian stating the same thing. Don't be so nieve 

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2015, 10:25:10 PM »
gee I cant understand why I don't give a flying **** about politics.

Yep. I'm with you mate.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

scarpsD40

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2015, 10:27:04 PM »
Which Monday are we talking about?

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2015, 10:30:06 PM »
I'm not allowed to vote but they will happily take my Rego. .tax..and that's my lot ... I'm like tonys perfect citizen. ...

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2015, 10:38:58 PM »
I'm not allowed to vote but they will happily take my Rego. .tax..and that's my lot ... I'm like tonys perfect citizen. ...

Not quite perfect, your still a kiwi  ;D ;D
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2015, 03:58:55 AM »
Lol

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2015, 05:09:23 AM »
Which Monday are we talking about?
Title should change to After Tuesday, it's coming Tony.   
Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2015, 05:29:50 AM »
Baaaa
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2015, 05:42:49 AM »
This is giving me a headache.

Time to go read a camping thread I think.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2015, 06:28:29 AM »
Me too...
Bill
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown